Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Hospice Isn't Such a Relaxing Getaway After All

School

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 3 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2012-02-15 - Updated: 2012-07-27 - 949 words

1Funny
The next day I went to school and seemed to see the boys everywhere. I was the first one in my first block math class as usual. I sat at my desk in the back and pulled out my sketchbook. Suddenly there was a shout behind me and I felt someone’s hands on my shoulders.

“I knew it!”

I jumped and looked behind me, Brendon was staring down at me, “I totally knew I’d seen you somewhere!” He sat down next to me, “Why did it have to be math though, I hate math,” he groaned.

I laughed, “I can help you with math, you know. It’s my best subject.”

He perked up, “Really! Yes,” he did a little victory dance in his seat, “I’ve got my own personal math slave—I mean tutor.” I laughed again, “Ryan was right, you do need to laugh more often.”

Nothing else happened until lunch. I bought a bottle of water and put the change in my pocket. I was about to go outside when I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Spencer.

“Hey, I didn’t know you had this lunch.” I nodded my head, “Is that all you’re getting?” He gestured to my bottle of water.

“Oh, yeah, I only brought a dollar with me,” I lied.

“Well let me buy you something then.”

“No, you don’t have to do that, thank you though.”

“It’s alright; my parents give me like 20 bucks a day. Not sure how much food they expect me to eat.” I laughed, “You know, Ryan was right; you should laugh more,” at that I laughed harder. “What?”

“It’s just that, Brendon said that this morning.”

He nodded his head, “So what do you want?”

“I’m not very picky.”

“Nachos it is then!” And I laughed again.

“Where do you normally sit?” I asked.

“Outside. Besides Brendon, Ryan, and Jon I don’t know anyone. I don’t mind though, they’re the best friends. What about you?”

“I don’t have friends,” I said quietly.

“I’ll be your friend! And I guess by default that makes me your best friend.”

At the last block of the day I almost sighed with relief. I had art that block; I could easily say that it was my favorite class. I sat down at my table and pulled out my sketchbook when someone sat down next to me. I looked up to see Jon, “You take art?” Jon didn’t strike me as an art person.

He chuckled, “Yeah, I needed another elective credit. I just knew you were in one of my classes!” He exclaimed.

“You and Brendon both.”

“Yeah, he told me about that, something about you being his math slave?”

The rest of the class passed by without event. When the bell rang I checked my phone to find I had a voice-mail.

“Hey Kenz, it’s Danny. Dad wanted to go to the hospital early so I can’t pick you up from school. I’m really sorry. I tried to get dad to wait but he wouldn't listen. Again, I’m really sorry. Love you.” Shit, now I had to walk home.

I started muttering under my breath, “Mother fuckin’ dad. God dammit, he really couldn’t fuckin’ wait?”

Jon was slowly walking next to me, “You ok?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I just have to walk home today is all.”

Jon looked forward for a moment, “I can see if Ryan’ll give you a ride?”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he gives us all rides home. He’s like our own little chauffeur.”

I laughed a little and we walked to the parking lot. Jon lead me to Ryan’s car, Brendon and Spencer were already waiting around it. When Brendon saw us he hopped up and ran over, “Hey, it’s my math slave—I mean tutor!” he joked. “You’re in one of Jon’s classes too? Awesome! Spencer told me you’re in his lunch.” Brendon was talking a mile a minute.

Spencer walked over to us quietly and put his hands on Brendon’s shoulders to get him to stop bouncing up and down. “I’m sorry Kenzie; it seems someone gave Brendon a RedBull.” He looked pointedly at Jon.

“Hey, I wasn’t gonna let it go to waste!”

I laughed, “I take it he’s not allowed to have caffeine?”

“Stop talking about me like I’m not here!” Brendon said with fake hurt.

We all laughed and Brendon started running around in circles, making us laugh harder. He stopped and started running towards Ryan who was currently walking towards our group.

Ryan was looking down so he didn’t notice Brendon running at him. When he was close enough, Brendon launched himself at Ryan. The two fell to the ground. “Who gave him caffeine!?” We all laughed even harder. Brendon and Ryan picked themselves up and walked over to us. “Seriously who gave him caffeine?”

Jon meekly raised his hand and Ryan hit him in the head. I laughed again, Jon looked at me then back to Ryan, “You were right Ry; she does need to laugh more.”

Spencer and I looked at each other and started laughing again, Jon looked at us like we were crazy, “What’s so funny?”

“That’s just what Spencer and Brendon both told me today,” I explained.

Ryan agreed to take me home. After a long, argument-filled car ride we got to my house. I hopped out of the car, thanked Ryan and walked to my front door, searching my bag for my keys. They weren’t there.
Sign up to rate and review this story