Categories > Original > Drama > It's Just Who I Am

The Past and Revelations

by GreenWallflower 0 reviews

Clara talks with her ex-boyfriend about how he ruined their relationship and Andrew reveals something to his own surprise.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-02-16 - Updated: 2012-02-17 - 1662 words - Complete

0Unrated
Once again, no direct sex, but they do mention it and they swear quite a bit.
Meh. So I wrote more because it's just my instinct. I don't even plan out what I write it just comes out. Sooo if it sucks, I apologize.
-----
CLARA
“Clara! Bitch! Get over here!”
He didn’t even give me a chance to “get over here”. He was already next to me by the time I could take my first step. “What is it, Kyle? What do you fucking want?”
Kyle puffed up his chest. “I heard you told Chelsea you were going to fuck with her because I fucked you. Or rather, you said rape, huh? That’s not what I recall when you were telling me to go harder!”
“Kyle! Shut up, okay? Bringing back the past isn’t going to help anyone!”
“Isn’t that a bit hypocritical of you? You’re the one that thought it would be a great idea to bring back the past and make my own girlfriend hate me!”
I tried as hard as I could to keep myself from punching Ex-boyfriend here right in the face. He knows he raped me. I didn’t put alcohol in my own drink, much less the roofies that he claimed weren’t actually there. I may have been fucking tipsy that night, but I know what went down. “You’re the one that’s been lying to her this whole time.”
“What?”
“You said that I broke up with you because I wanted to go be a lesbian. She’s been telling that to everyone now. She came into my house yesterday, Kyle. She fucking came into my house and told my mom everything! My mom fucking hates me now all because of that slimy bitch! Maybe you like her now, but when we were dating you told me that you would never want anything to do with her. You said you loved me but then you took advantage of me. After that I still wanted to love you, but you told me I was a lousy fuck and that you would get better sex from Chelsea and that’s why you left me. It wasn’t the other way around, Kyle. But you thought it would be a great idea to ruin my life, didn’t you? Well too fucking bad for you because I found a girl that actually loves me, unlike you or any other guy I ever dated in my life!”
Kyle stared at me for a good minute before he said anything. When he spoke it was words I thought he would never say in his life. “I’m sorry,” he whispered softly as he took a step to the side and walked passed me.
I never thought that those two words would ever break me down. The constant threats thrown at me and the constant commands to make out with Rebecca--none of them hurt as much as having Kyle tell me he was sorry. It wasn’t even the kind of hurt I felt when he raped me. As much as I didn’t want to admit it, I did like having sex with him. I loved him more than I had ever loved anyone. Rebecca was the first person that actually made me feel more wanted than he had.
I tried to hold back my tears as I went to find Rebecca. She was sitting exactly where she had told me she would be everyday--in front of my locker, waiting for me. When I saw her just sitting there waving to me I started to break down again. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I just knelt down in front of her and wrapped my arms around her and I stopped caring about everyone that was around us and all the guys that were whistling. They could all go fuck themselves. Right now I just needed Rebecca’s love and compassion.
“Clara, what’s wrong?” she whispered into my ear. Her voice flooded over me. I wanted to just be alone with her and I wanted everything to go away. Kyle may have been sorry for ruining my life, but he wasn’t going to do anything to make it better. The only person that was going to put any effort towards making it better was Rebecca and in the back of my mind I even started to doubt her.
I shook my head. “I just need to let everything out, Becca. I’ll be fine.”
A shadow was cast over us and I felt Rebecca turn her head to look up. I couldn’t resist turning my own head to see who it was. I’m sure they would be scared off by my smeared eyeliner and red blotches anyway.
~~
ANDREW
Even though I found her crying Clara is still far more brave and strong than I am. The second I saw that post I knew she was going to be given as much shit as could be dished out to her. To be honest, she was dealing with it a lot better than I would be able to. I mean, I almost broke down into tears when Xander left U-KISS. He was extremely attractive, but that’s not the point. She was crying because of something so much more than I had almost cried over.
Rebecca was staring at me for a few seconds before Clara turned around to glance at me. “Hey,” I paused. I had thought about what I was going to say for a long time but looking at how sad she was I felt completely crushed. I was at a loss for words and what I wanted to say didn’t seem to be what I was saying. “Clara, I saw your status update on Facebook.”
“No, I won’t make out with Rebecca just for your pleasure! Go away!”
“That’s not--Clara, I don’t want to see that.” She actually looked at me as if I weren’t wearing pants. Naturally, I quickly checked to make sure I was. Check.
Rebecca spoke this time. Her voice was soft and calm--it was actually very sweet to listen to. “What is it then, Andrew?”
After going through the momentary shock that she knew my name I knelt down next to the two. I didn’t know whether or not I should place my hand on Clara’s shoulder or try to comfort her. Around us the rest of the students didn’t even bother to stop walking. A few glanced at us, or rather, them. I doubt anyone else in this school really cared who I was.
“Andrew?” Rebecca repeated.
“Oh, sorry. I just wanted to say that I thought it was really brave of you to come out to the public like that and I really respect you for it. If I could do that, well, I’d have to be really strong and I’m really not.”
Clara turned around at this and whispered, “You’re gay?”
“Yeah,” I said this barely above a whisper. “I am, I guess. I just don’t want to tell anyone here. I wish I was as strong as you are,” I sighed.
A smile crept to Rebecca’s lips. “Does that mean that you masturbate to pictures of guys?”
“No, I don’t. I figured it was too cliche for a gay guy to do that.”
Clara playfully punched me in the arm and I smiled at her. “It’s your sexuality, not a damn cliche!”
She started to laugh and I was glad that she had started to see passed all the shit she was getting. I had never really spoken with Clara or Rebecca but they were both extremely nice and welcoming to me. Just sitting there laughing with them made me think about the fact that the people at this school weren’t getting to know them before screaming all the words they did at them. They were called whores before they even had a single conversation with the person that called them the name for essentially no reason.
“Hey, look! Andrew’s actually making progress with the lesbos!”
“No way! Are you serious?”
Before we knew it there was a crowd surrounding us practically staring us down. They kept shouting things like ‘yeah, Andrew! Get that vagina!’ and ‘damn it! Why does he get to be the one that gets a threesome?’. Clara had grown silent again and reburied her face in Rebecca’s chest.
I sighed and stood up, ready to walk away when I heard Jessica’s scream. It was distinctly hers, so there was no mistaking she was right behind me.
“Andrew! I understand you’re a guy so you’re probably into that kind of thing, but seriously? You’re going to take advantage of the lesbians? Did you not listen to what I told you when we saw that post?”
I turned around and stared her right in the eyes. “Jessica, I did hear what you said. You specifically said that you thought they were gross only because it was ‘wet and sloppy’. Your first time was bloody too, wasn’t it? So just add that to your discrimination. Maybe you’re more similar than you think, huh?”
Jessica started to blink. “What?”
“I’m not trying to have a threesome with them because I’m gay, Jessica. I don’t care about what goes down between them. Maybe I just wanted to give them a break from all the shit they deal with everyday.”
Before I knew it, her arms were wrapped around one of mine. “Oh, Andrew! I’m so happy, I always wanted a gay best friend!”
“I’m not going to be your best friend until you learn to accept everyone regardless of their sexuality and gender.”
I yanked my arm out of her grasp and stared at her, waiting for her response.
Sign up to rate and review this story