Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > Perfect Chaos

Chaos & the Silence

by Montymouse 0 reviews

That's a Secret! Again!

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Ranma - Published: 2005-05-28 - Updated: 2005-05-28 - 5994 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½, Sailor Moon or Slayers Anime/Manga. Ranma ½ belongs to the lovely Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi and finally Slayers belongs to Hajime Kanzaka. This story is created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from writing this.
" " Speech
[ ] Thoughts
Perfect Chaos
By Montymouse
Chapter Four - Chaos & the Silence
*
Present, Nerima
"FIREBALL!"
A red curvy red hair girl exclaimed loudly. She smiled in satisfaction as she watched the poor young man leaping over the fence and into the canal to put the flames out on his clothes.
"That's the fifth time someone tried to grope me! This whole damn world is full of perverts! That will show them!" Lina laughed and dusted herself off, casting a careful glance towards her companion who had his arms crossed and looking bit amused by her actions.
"What?" She shouted as she started to walk along the canal. She really having a bit of trouble walking since her transformation from a flat chest sorcerer to a . . .
"Lina . . . you should really stop doing that, you know there are other ways which you could have handle them, like talking to them?" Lina's companion said sarcastically but refrained himself for going further than that.
Lina gazed at him. "Oh, will you shut up already, Zelgadis! It's your fault that we ended up here!" Lina accused as she tried again to walk properly as she hasn't properly adjusted to her new centre of balance and was constantly on the verge of tripping up. Zelgadis wisely decided not to say anything about Lina's 'changes'. He didn't really sympathies with those who had tried to hit on her the moment they entered this foreign place, besides they were asking for it. Also he was feeling a little annoyed at the stares and glances from people at his appearance and resisted the temptation to have a go at them.
Zelgadis was annoyed at Lina's accusation and glared at her at full force. "Hey, I didn't want to be a part of this, you know so stop blaming me! Let's just find the others and figure out a way out of this mess!"
Lina was slightly taken back by Zelgadis outburst. She knew that Zelgadis wasn't really the one to be blamed for this but she really needed someone to take rambling and frustrations on until she actually got her hands on that immortal stranger, Chaos.
"Oh alright, Zelgadis, I'm sorry, okay?" Lina said the last part of her sentence in very low tone, almost a whisper. All the anger that Zelgadis was holding suddenly vanished by her apology.
"What was that, Lina?" Zelgadis asked, slightly surprised and concern at her sudden turnabout in her character. Normally she would be pigheaded and would argue for ages. There was something about her that was off which concern him the most.
"I'm sorry, okay! Can't you get that through your thick head!" Lina exclaimed.
Zelgadis smirked, as it was still old Lina underneath her new look. "So where do you think we should started? We're stuck in place that we have never seen or been before. I'm concerned about what happened to the others especially Amelia, she could be in danger."
Lina looked around. "Well, one thing for sure, if Amelia was in trouble we would have heard her by now and besides Gourry is probably with her."
Zelgadis listened out for a moment and shrugged. "I guess you're right about that but I'm still wondering why the immortal Chaos decides to send us here. We didn't even read the contract that we had supposed to have agreed to by drinking that water." He stated as they continued to walk, ignoring people's glances and stares.
"So where now?" Zelgadis asked.
"Hmm . . . that way!" Lina pointed out to an elementary school at the end of the street.
"Why there?"
Lina shrugged. "It's just one of those feeling."
Zelgadis saw the manic glint in Lina's eyes.
"One thing for certain when I get my hands on him . . . I'm to going to sent up a Dragon Slave where the sun don't shine!" Lina started to laugh in an almost manic way.
Zelgadis sighed and wondered if this world had some sort of cover for the property damage that was GUARANTEED to happen.
Meanwhile at the 'Elementary school'
Kuno, Mousse and Ryoga were stood around a table in an empty playground of the school. They were all wondering on what to do next considering that their main threat to their own selfish happiness had been removed by none other than Akane. Mousse was happy that Shampoo would be his for the taking while Ryoga was the same with Akane. Shampoo and Ukyo weren't around as they were planning to get revenge on Akane for the disappearance of their Ranma. Cologne was busy figuring out the crystal shard purpose. Akane was sulking at home, breaking blocks as usually whilst Kasumi and Nabiki went away as normal. Soun and Genma were drunk at how their retirement plan had fallen through.
Kuno's looked depressed and bored until he happened to look over his shoulder. "Red Pigtail Goddess, you have returned back to me!" Kuno proclaimed out loud and without warned leapt over the two rivals.
"Release her, Demon!" Kuno shouted when he saw a humanoid creature standing next to his Goddess and raised his Kendo stick above his head.
Mousse and Ryoga looked at each wondering if Kuno was disillusion or something until they happened to turn their heads towards the school gates.
"Dammit, Ranma! Why the hell don't you go away!" exclaimed Ryoga as he leapt to his feet at what he was seeing.
"No one is going to take away my Shampoo!" Mousse shouted as unleashed a several chains and objects towards the general direction. The idiots were either blinded with rage or stupidity that they failed to notice the flaming fireball in her hands.
I wonder what's going to happen next?
*
Immortal Realm . . .
The dark robed figure stepped out from the darkness onto a seemingly invisible path. Before he stepped on the path, he slowly looked both left and right as a precaution. Time was on a warpath for messing up her almost perfect timeline. So far he had tactically evade her every move which in simple terms would mean that he was actually hiding and running away from her.
[Perhaps I over stepped my limits?] He thought as he calmly strides down the path.
"Nah . . . she probably forget about. I wonder how long is eternity?"
Chaos then flipped out his trusty notepad and made a mental note wherever to upgrade or not. The immortal was unhappy about the future outcome that Time had set for them and to put it short . . . the future was boring and dull like zombies. Lina Inverse and the gang were there to compensate for the missing chaos element in Nerima. This really ensures that the balance of power in the universe would not destabilise or disrupt the great cosmic balance. Besides the amount of property destruction caused by Ranma would be made up by Lina and Co. the moment they enter the district of Nerima.
Flicking through his notepad to the relevant page.
"Hmm . . . if that manipulative Sailor Pluto had her way, the Crystal Tokyo would emerge and everyone would be dull and zombie like for the next few centuries before the Great Evil would wipe everything unless the Jurain wipe them out first. Ranma Saotome would be dead and Hotaru Tomoe would be forever lonely for the rest of her life never meeting Ranma ending thus eliminating the Chaos element. Odds on that Sailor Saturn would probably take out the whole solar system in her depression of loneliness." Chaos read his collection of notes that he had gathered from watching the past, present and future thread of time.
"Guess that everyone wins?" Chaos said in a sarcastic tone as he flicked a couple more pages to the next section.
"Now with Time's 'Perfect' plan . . . hmm . . . the Crystal Tokyo would be formed after the 'incident'. Probably would mean a war with other alien nations like the Juraian family would be inevitable. Before that happens they have deal with the Dark Moon family and all craps coming out due to the distortion of time and manipulation." Chaos paused to looked around just in case Time was around. When he found that she wasn't, he continued on his rambling.
"And . . . Ranma Saotome would be roped in somehow to help the Sailor Senshi for their 'cause of justice and good'. The chances are that reawakened Mistress Nine would probably kill him before she had the chance to regain her memories and when she does . . . well let's not get into that yet. The NWC would probably be the first to be kicked out of Crystal Tokyo so other vital key members such as Lord Yoshu, Tenchi and others because objection to their 'Ethic Cleansing'. Without these key members, the Great Evil probably wouldn't have to lift a damn finger. Dammit . . . this is depressing and boring as hell. There is no fun in that."
Chaos then closed his notepad and started to think on his idea of a 'Perfect Chaos' where things would go differently from the first two suggestions. He then took two multi-coloured spheres, which looked like stress relief balls from beneath his robe.
"Whatever the outcome, the element of Chaos not play a influence part in the timeline if Ranma Saotome (Wild Horse), Hotaru Tomoe (The Senshi of the Silence) and Lina Inverse (Dark Mage) are eliminated and basically make my role useless."
The sphere started to hover in mid air the moment he opened his palm. The first showed a vision of Ranma and Hotaru quietly departing the Royal Ball and were making their way through towards their rooms.
"There is alternative future but it's going to be tricky. I think I'm going to need help on this one." Chaos whispered to himself as he glances over to the second sphere showing Lina and Zelgadis entering Juuban district.
[I wonder what she meant about that?] Chaos thought about what Lina had stated as he continued to watch the crystal sphere unaware that someone had just stepped into the invisible path. She was carrying a nasty looking mallet in her hand and slowly approached him.
"Hello Chaos." A chilling voice was heard and from the sound of it was coming directly behind him. If Chaos had any facial expression beneath his dark hood, he would have started to sweat and gulped loudly as the voice sent dark chills up his spine.
Chaos calmly and silently turned around and even had the chance to straighten out his robes before looking up at the faceless immortal.
"Oh . . . hi, Time . . . well . . . long time no see . . . " Chaos managed to say with utter calmness. Although he could not see any facial expression on her face, the aura she was radiating told him he was in deep trouble.

Chaos definitely was in deep trouble with a capital T.
He had tried to make a run for it but found that he wasn't moving an inch despite what his legs were doing. He then realised that she had used her powers to freeze time at that moment preventing him from escaping.
"(Beep) Chaos . . . I knew it was you that completely (beep) up my timeline and I did warned you that if you went (beep) anywhere near my area of influences, I would (beep) (beep) where the sun don't (beep) shine. I going to give one more chance to (beep) explain yourself now before (beep) (beep) (beep), all right!" Time furiously exclaimed at the frozen immortal. "There is no (beep) way I reverse what you have done without severe backlashes and distortion in the time space continuum.
Chaos was wondering where the sources of the beeps were coming from and looked around as much as he could possibly move. Deciding to test something, Chaos faced Time and smirked.
"(Beep) you!" Chaos exclaimed and continued saying it again in different languages. The same beep was hear over and over again and nothing seems to change with the exception of Time battle aura growing by the second.
"What did you say!" Time was infuriated and pulled out her Baka Bashing Mallet TM from beneath her robes. Chaos wondered how she managed to do that without restricting her movement or falling over then again Filia usually carries a heavy mace strapped to her leg somehow and still walk elegantly. Those two must have met at one point.
"Erm . . . time, I would have raised my hands in protest and also to protect my face if it wasn't for you freezing time around my body." Chaos said innocently but underneath his hood, he was sweating like hell due to the intense heat from her aura. Chaos immediately fell on his butt when Time realised her hold over him and was now towering over him.
"All right . . . I'm sorry for ruining your timeline but in simple terms you timeline plan . . . erm . . . err . . . just sucks!" Chaos said and was surprised to see that work managed to get through the censor barrier.
WHAM!"
Chaos held his head with his hands and managed to peek to his left to see a huge dent in the ground where a particularly large hammer was.
"Oh . . . and you have a better idea to get us out of this mess?" Time asked, a deadly glint in her eye.
"Yes, I do and . . . "
WHAM!
Chaos slowly glanced over to right to see the hammer impact just inches away from him and whistled that it could have been him under that mallet. He then looked up and was preparing for another strike.
"What was that for?" Chaos asked.
"Nothing . . . I just felt so good using this mallet. Next time, I won't miss you deliberately . . . so tell me your idea?" Time asked calmly.
"Well . . . you see, what I was proposing is that . . . "
*
Past, Saturn Palace
It was nightfall on the Saturn palace as Ranma looked up at the orange sky, which was a shade of a darker colour. He then cast his attention down at the main courtyard and gardens to see the Elite Saturn Royal Guard patrolling the outer walls from his balcony window on the thirteenth floor. The sky outside had turned purple and the golden towers of the palace glimmered in the last rays of the setting sun. Ranma was dressed in a loose white shirt and black pants underneath his purple night robe. His trusty sword was by his waist held in place by a silver sash. He stood out there for a couple of moments admiring the beautiful scenery before turning and walking back into his chamber.
His personal chamber was draped in silks and with detailed embroiderwork, which was lit up by small glow globe and glass, fluted wick lamps that gave the whole room a arm and cosy feeling. Ranma stride across his four posted push bed and sat down, discarding his outer robe and removing his sword and placing the blade on nearby bedside table.
Lying on his bed, Ranma started to think some of words that the robed faceless man told him about.
"What a day, what am I'm going to do now? It seems that someone or something is going to happen according to what he had said and he suggest that I find a way to stop it. Heck, I don't even know where to start?" Ranma muttered to himself.
A serious look could be clearly seen across his face as he considered on what his next plan of action was going to be. Ranma yawed loudly as he decided to call it a day and started to drift back to sleep when he heard a knock on his door. Annoyed, Ranma got up and was thinking of giving who ever it was a piece of his mind for disturbing him at this time and opened the door.
His expression changed completely to being angry and annoyed to a look of surprise at who was standing in front of him. She was wearing a modest purple nightgown beneath her night robes.
"Hotaru, what are you doing here at this time of night, shouldn't you be asleep in your own room?" Ranma asked but noticed the nervousness in her eyes.
"Ranma . . . erm . . . could I, " she said nervously, looking down at her feet for a moment before looking up and staring in his eyes.
"What is it, Hotaru?" Ranma asked, taking her hand in his with a look of concern for her. He knew that something was important on her mind and quickly looked down the corridor to see if they were alone before ushering her into his room.
Hotaru paused for a moment to regain her composure, "I was lying in my bed, and I . . . I was lonely. Could I stay here with you for awhile?" She asked quietly, a slight redness appeared on her cheeks and broke eye contact by looking down at her feet, hoping that he wouldn't refuse her request.
For a moment there, Ranma was expecting something to happen to him right now like for example a blunt object hitting him or a couple of spatulas heading for him. He shook off the thought when he realised that he was on another planet and most importantly in a different timeline. Ranma had got to get rid of these bad habits and feeling but he had so used to living in Nerima and the craziness that came with it, it was going to take time.
Ranma cursed himself for leaving her so long by herself as he came to realise that during the ball and the dance with her that most people feared her because she was the Senshi of the Silence. Also it was why Ranma and Hotaru were the only ones dancing in the hall or was it because of the royal duty or something.
He had heard the many reputation from various servants and guards of her reputation as the Senshi of the Silence which was so over exaggerated to a point that it made no sense especially that he knew that she wouldn't do some of the things they said. He would probably kick the living daylights of the person who started this since he was gone. Ranma could sense a hint of negative emotion in her aura but was no where near Ryoga's emotion level, more closely to a fear of loneliness and fear. Realising that he hadn't said anything to her and seeing her turn around, he reached out with is hand and grasp her shoulder.
Hotaru at that moment was wondering why he was taking so long in replying and thought that he didn't want her here. She was about to leave his room when she felt a hand on her shoulder.
"Wait."
She heard Ranma call her and wondering what he wanted she turned around slowly. Ranma lifted her chin up and smiled, staring directly into her eyes.
"Sure, Hotaru," Ranma replied, "I'll always be here when you need me, you know that, right?" Hotaru nodded and her expression changed to look of happiness. She then took a step forward in tender hug, her fear of rejection and being lonely washed away by Ranma's words.
"Thank you," Hotaru whispered as she snuggled closer to him.
Ranma sighed and hugged her. She needed comfort especially now as dark times is going to happen.
*
Present, Juuban . . .
Amelia and Gourry were at the source of the sighting. They found to their surprise that it was a huge metallic fire breathing toy rabbit Youma that had one serious over bite.
Amelia leapt on top of car. It was her time to shine and prove to everyone in this world why she is the greatest fighter of truth and justice. Gourry unsheathed his Sword of light in preparation.
Everyone was as usual panicking and rushing about but unusually stopped in his or her moment of panic to see who had come to there aid. They had initially thought it was Sailor Moon and her Senshi considering that their opening speech was very similar.
Seeing it was blond haired swordsman and a raving black hair girl, they continued their panic and thought that it was about time something new had turned up. Besides the market is already too saturated with Sailor Moon and her Senshi goods.
The media and toy industry were instantly on the scene on their new heroes. The production line had just received the new orders and begun to discard the old line of Sailor Venus. Minako would definitely not be happy with this.
Meanwhile at Cherry Hill Temple . . .
All the Senshi with the exception of one were present at the emergency meeting. The Inner Senshi were seated around at one side of the table while the Outer Senshi gathered on the other side. Luna and Artemis were in middle listening to what to Setsuna Meiou aka Sailor Pluto reason for calling to gathering. She explained everything up to the point when Hotaru Tomoe sudden disappearance and why they were gathered here.
"That's about it." Setsuna finished her explanation and looked towards the other end of the table. "Any questions?"
There was a moment of silence between the two parties.
"What is it, Usagi?" Setsuna said.
"Erm . . . who is Hotaru Tomoe?" Usagi asked.
" . . . " Setsuna blinked as there was no way that she could not be that dumb or forgetful and was about to start chew her out unless Haruka gets to her first when . . .
"Yeah, who is she?" Rei added like she and Usagi were on the same wavelength.
"Is she one of us? You know, like one of the Sailor Senshi?" Minako inquired.
"Where can we find her?" said Ami as she searched on the mercury computer. "There is no information about her nor from the historical database apart from what you had said."
"How come we didn't hear of her before?" Makoto wondered about this new piece of information.
Luna and Artemis had blank expressions on their faces regarding the Senshi of the Silence.
"Wait . . . there is a entry dating back from the Silver Millennium that was a Princess of Saturn who was also a Senshi like one of us but most of the data about her is most corrupted." Ami started as pulled up the relevant file.
"Oh, thank goodness." Michiru said. "Is there a picture of her?"
Ami shook her head. "It's missing, it's like someone had deliberately took the erased the picture."
Haruka held the table edge with both hands and looked like she was about break a part of the table.
"I vaguely remember her as the Princess of Saturn and the Senshi of the Silence, has she been awakened?" Luna asked. Artemis was trying hard to remember her but his memories of the past were shot to pieces right now.
"Oh, don't tell you don't remember her, she about three foot nine, has dark black hair and purple eyes, shy looking, wields three foot pole arm weapon . . . ring any bells?" Haruka said. She was angry that their adopted daughter was missing and to make matters worse, no one seems to remember her except for Setsuna and Michiru.
Setsuna realised that only those who had seen Hotaru before she disappeared still retained their full memories of the young Senshi. She immediately turned and walked away from the Inner Senshi closely followed by the Michiru and Haruka. They all ignored the calls from the Inner Senshi as they left the Temple.
"We are on our own on this one." Setsuna said, thinking about the implications of the disappearance of their adopted daughter.
[We must find her, she too important to be lost to us now. She must be under our control and influence.] Setsuna thought about own agenda. Haruka and Michiru were simply puppets and the Inner Senshi were a pain in the backside especially with the Princess but she wasn't going to reveal personal agenda . . . well not right now anyway.
Setsuna stopped and turned around to meet Haruka and Michiru.
"I'm going to see the Gate of Time, to see if any news has turned up. You two be prepared and informed me the moment anything happens."
"Why? You probably the first to find out anyway. I thought you were all knowing and powerful." Haruka said in a sarcastic tone. Michiru was quiet, which was a bit odd as she would normally say something by now and chalked it up due to the disappearance of their adopted daughter.
"Just do it what I tell you, okay!" Setsuna said and immediately teleported.
Haruka and Michiru turned to each other with a questioning look, as it was the first time that the ultra cold Senshi of Time showed anger. Something must definitely be wrong.
*
Past, Saturn
The next day . . .
Saturn Military Training Grounds . . .
Every planet in the entire Solar System had a separate military planetary force to defend their world from alien invaders or incursions or to send aid to other planets that were in trouble. The Saturn Military headquarter was a vast complex with numerous facilities used to train the planetary force. Although the Senshi of the Saturn was far capable of taking out a planet, it would mean her death. Having a planetary home defence force meant that there was no need for drastic action such as that. Besides, highly equipped and trained Saturn Guard was the best especially under the leadership of Lord Commander Taris Madok.
Lord Commander of the Saturn Military Guard and High Noble of the Royal Court of Saturn, Taris Madok were an imposing figure. He is a tall handsome man, past his thirties, dark haired and with a well trimmed beard. A deep scar received from a skirmish long forgotten ran down the left side of his forehead and ran down to the base of his jaw. He would sometimes run his finger down the scar to remind him constantly everything should not be taken lightly.
Dressed in the traditional Saturn military uniform as he stood on the marble floor of his observation platform at the summit of the Headquarters. From here, he could see out across the mighty defences of the Saturn bastion, across the sloped turrets of the crystal lasers and the wall of flak and heavy batteries that formed a curtain around the Saturn capital.
Taris looked up at the stars, as he often did when in search of guidance and smiled when he saw the formation of a linear constellation that most of the people had forgotten long ago. He remembered it fondly as it reminded him of the battles along side with a certain member that had now returned to them. He should have gone with him no matter what it took, as seeing the princess of Saturn during his absence was a sad sight indeed.
News of Ran Greystar returned felt like a heavy burdened lifted off his shoulders and was happy that he was still with Hotaru.
He grinned when he fondly remembered the first time that those two met. Taris was with commander and strategist, Ran Greystar during that time and was on inspection of the military force. It was at that point that Ran took interested in a certain young girl who was displaying the most extraordinary fighting skills on one of the training grounds, kicking the butts of eleven of his best warriors.
Taris started to remember the friendship with Ran and the first meeting with the Princess of Saturn. Seeing her in action, Ran Greystar took the opportunity to challenge the young girl. Needless to say, that it was definitely an interesting fight . . . both fighters were equal in skills and speed, which caused the entire military force to watch with awe and the power being displayed. Taris chuckled to himself when Ran Greystar did not realised that it was actually the Princess of Saturn but then again, if he did . . . he probably wouldn't go all out against her.
Ran Greystar was the best of the best of all Saturn Military force and rightly feared throughout the Solar System for his skills and power. Deadly with the sword plus his hidden talents in martial arts and war craft magic meant that he was not to be taken lightly otherwise you be asking for trouble. Both Taris and Ran were young recruits from different backgrounds. He was from a high noble background, rich and respected on Saturn and he could genuinely say he was a bit of asshole back then. Respect from your fellow members cannot be bought or demanded, it had to be earned which he learnt from Ran Greystar.
Ran on the other hand was a different matter, no record of his birth or history since he was seventeen was found and was assumed that he was came from a backwater world. His impact on the Military Academy was too hard to believe. He had just beaten all the masters of combat and his tutors within six weeks and progressed through the ranks at a rapid pace. Eventually Ran was placed in same regiment as he was and at first there was a sense of arrogant and self confident in him that told Taris to be wary. He was a loose cannon within the regiment, taking risks that defy the odds and most remarkably succeeding where others would have backed down or had chosen an alternative way.
The turning point in the career of him and Ran was the destruction of a large Youma harvest fleet would have prompted him to highest rank. Surprisingly enough Ran refused to take credit for himself even thought he managed to take out the alien commander and his bodyguards single handily. He said that it was a team effort from his regiment and it was a combination of determination, loyalty and trust that enabled them to repel the fleet.
Ran was very surprised by the reaction from his fellow warriors. They praised him and looked up to Ran and Taris as inspired leaders and commanders and demanded that the two should be their commanders of the entire Saturn force. The Queen of Saturn did so immediately and quickly promoted them and had never regretted it since then. Ran and Taris took retook their oath of allegiance much to dismay from the other planetary nobles and leaders who wanted them or were jealous of their success.
The Princess of Saturn managed to beat Ran just barely with her increased Senshi powers and afterwards, I think she was expecting him to be a jerk or a asshole like the others that she fought because of the way she was glaring at him. What she didn't expect was Ran getting up like nothing had happened and smiled. The Princess was confused and didn't expect the praise from him and asked for her name. I still don't know what made him say that she was cute or the most beautiful fighter he had ever seen. The Princess gave her name but without the royal title. Ran suddenly collapsed on the ground and everyone thought that he fainted that he just fought the Senshi of Saturn but I knew better. Ran had sustained a massive blow from her attack that would kill a human being but then again I did have my doubts if Ran was actually human. The implication of the attacks just caught up with him. Hotaru and I rushed towards him and we were relieved that he was still alive. Hotaru immediately used her healing powers, which I was surprised at rapid healing effect it had on him.
Since then . . . Ran took every opportunity to meet her when he had the time and I can not believe that he still didn't realised that Hotaru was actually the Princess of Saturn. He probably mistaken her as one of the maids if the Saturn Royal family but the signs were quite apparent especially that royal marking and tiara on her head. Then again, Ran had fallen for her deeply and all his observation and awareness were thrown out of the window. The moment he realised that she was the Princess was went I and Ran were invited to a Saturn Ball and I still remember the shocked expression on everyone when Ran asked the Princess for a dance. No one had dared because they were foolishly afraid of her power or when ignorant of the truth about her. That memory will be always stay with me till I die. The rest is history.
[Hmm . . . they should be here right now; I wondered where are they now.] Taris sighed in realisation and went toward the intercom. "Where are Princess Saturn and Lord Ran Greystar right now?"
A monotone voice soon replied back. "Princess Saturn and Lord Ran Greystar are located in Section A-11 ground level three."
Taris smirked as knew the complex base like the back of his hand. It was the training ground that Ran and Hotaru first met . . . and fought. Grabbing his coat, he left his military office and headed towards the sky elevator.
[Sparring again.] Taris thought. [I do hope they don't destroy the place again like the last time.]
Meanwhile at Section A-11 ground level three . . .
[She better than she looks!] Ranma thought as he parried her metal pole arm weapon, as her normal glaive would be too dangerous and also reduce the damage inflicted.
Ranma wore a flexible bodysuit of dark grey material that was light and form fitting that sculpted to the contours of his physique, much to the pleasure of Hotaru and rest of the female officers and recruits. A metallic sword was in his hand with the edge blunted at one side to allow a knockout blow rather than a deathblow. He also wore fingerless gloves and padding and was having a good time with his sparring partner.
"You almost got me there . . . let's me see if you can handle this!" Ranma leapt forward and exchanged and parries hits in a rapid succession. Hotaru blocked everything that he had before rapidly counter attacking.
Suddenly a thought flashed through Ranma's mind about what actually happened to him or more importantly Ran Greystar. This caused Ranma to fumble and lose his battle concentration.
Hotaru feinted and spin around in hundred and eight degrees, ducking beneath Ranma sword arc and bypass his defences and raised her weapon up. Ranma missed her by inches and the next thing he knew was light and pain exploded in his head. Ranma got up onto his knees, his head swimming. Ranma's vision was fogged, and blood was pouring from his cracked nose. There was a fuss of voices around him, and he heard the pleading voice of Hotaru, apologising over and over again.
Ranma raised his hand to say it wasn't her fault and that it was his for not concentrating on the sparring fight. The blood seeping from his nose had stopped now as his natural healing abilities began to kick in. Hotaru lifted Ranma face and saw the impact of her strike. She instantly started to use her healing powers to speed up the process. She was relieved that he wasn't angry with her and but felt guilty for hurting him. Ranma reassured her that she saw the opportunity and took it. He probably would have been angry if she had pulled back the blow or took the opportunity.
"Ran Greystar, it's been a long time hasn't it." A strangely familiar voice that echoed through Ranma's memories called to him. Blinking the tears out of his eyes, he lowered his sword and turned around. Hotaru stepped forward and was next to his side. She smiled at whom it was that had called her fiancée or consort name.
"Ran, she hurt you worse than all the Youma you have ever fought!" the figure chuckled.
"Taris." Ranma whispered as he saw him stepped onto the practice ground.
TBC . . .
*
Sign up to rate and review this story