Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Buried In The Ash of Yesterday

Awake Maybe

by SimplexMinded 0 reviews

You jeopardize our home, out FAMILY for a stranger!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-18 - 1169 words

0Unrated
Gerard groaned as he slowly opened his eyes trying to take in his surroundings. The walls were dry rotted, moldy and the stench being emitted make his nose burn. There was nothing in the room except a pile of cloths Gerard recognized as his own.
“Oh fuck this is bad….where am I?” His mind was racing in a panic, fearing the worst.

He tried to sit up when pain shot through his shoulder making him scream. Once the pain subsided, he tried again, this time slower and soon he was able to swing his feet over the side of the makeshift bed in an attempt to stand up. His legs were weak from the loss of blood but he knew if he stayed here, who ever had him could kill him. Step by step, Gerard used the wall as a brace as he made his way to the door, not ever trying to retrieve his bloodied shirt on the floor. His fingers scratched at the walls for grip, bleeding due to the lack of nails. Finally he pushed himself to the door, flinging it open, praying no one heard it slam against the opposite wall.

Gerard found his footing and made his way out into the hall, his eye scanning the walls and trying to decide which way was out. “Fuck.”

He decided to just go right and hope it was the correct way. After what seemed like hours, he found the end of the hall but also heard voices.

“WHY did you bring him HERE?”

“What was I should I have done? Left him to DIE?”

“YES! THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE!”

Gerard stood, listening to what was going on, knowing the conversation was about him. He recognized the first voice as Frank’s but the second was unknown.

“I couldn’t do that and you know it.”

“What if he is just like every other person out there? What if he does live and he leaves. He knows were we are! Where we have lived for the past 19 years is peace! Our food, everything! You jeopardize our home, our FAMILY for a stranger!?!?”

“And what if he’s not! What if he is just like us! Trying to survive! Wanting something better than living just to die! We can’t be the only ones who want a better life.”

“This isn’t about life Frank. I didn’t build this place as a refuge. I built it as a safe house for US! So we could make it to death!”

“We have to start somewhere Ray. Its not like the world is going to get better on its own. We HAVE to try.”

Gerard felt his fingers start to lose grip on the wall and before he had time to catch himself, his body collapsed on the floor, grabbing the attention of Frank and the now named Ray. Both men turned and Frank stood from his chair catching Gerard just before he hit the floor. Gerard’s hand gripped his shoulder as he curled in a painful ball in Frank’s arms. “Fuck oh god…..fuck. ahhhh”

“Hey. Come on. What are you doing up?” Frank tried to calm the struggling Gerard however it wasn’t working.

“No! Just let me go!” Gerard screamed in a panic.

Frank grabbed Gerard’s face, pulling him up to look him in they eyes. Gerard froze, never having someone hold him at such close proximity before. “Calm down. I just want to help you ok?” his voice was soft and soothing like he was talking to a child.

Gerard relaxed before passing out once more in Frank’s arms.

Frank slowly picked Gerard up bridal style and carried him over to the couch in the room. Ray stood back with a glare, watching Frank take care of Gerard. “He said to let him go. What do you plan on doing? Keeping him here against his will?”

Frank set Gerard down on the couch and turned back to Ray with his hands crossed over his chest. “No I don’t but I will keep him until he is awake and better.” Frank sighed, scratching the back of his head. “Look. Obviously we don’t agree on him but you cant be so heartless to just dump him out in the street like this can you? What if it was me that was in his state?”

Ray sighed, taking a sip of his coffee before looking down into the cup speaking. “Frank, you have such a kind heart and that’s something that you don’t see much of anymore. I just hope your carful as to who you lend it out to.”

Frank smiled before turning back to the sleeping Gerard. “You’re a good man Ray.”

They both turned around when they heard a groan come from Gerard. “hey. You ok?”

Gerard looked up at the two men looking at him before slowly speaking. “Where am I?”

“Oh so you speak now? Guess waking up in that room would scare anyone off. Sorry about that. It was kinda the only one we had.”

Gerard nodded, looking from Frank to Ray. When he looked at Ray, he was kinda shocked at what he saw. Ray had a large brown afro with kind, protective eyes and a soft face. His white shirt was dirty and torn along with his jeans and converse. He stood with his arms over his chest and his hip shifted to one leg.

“This is Ray Toro. He kinda owns this place. On official introduction, I’m Frank Iero.”

Frank extended his hand to Gerard, smiling as he slowly took it. “Gerard Way.”

“Nice to meet you Gerard. How’s the arm? Ya know, sorry bout the shirt. It kinda had to go.” Frank motioned to his pale, shirtless form.

“Its cool….I guess.” Gerard paused as if remembering something. “How’s…..that girl?”

“Emily? She’s perfectly fine thanks to you. I think her ribs are a little sore but nothing she won’t heal from. Thank you, by the way.”

Gerard nodded, starting to respond but Ray interrupted. “So, what happened exactly? Emily won’t say.”

“I was…..just out for a walk and heard her scream. I wasn’t going to help at first but when I saw them and her I just….i don’t know.”

“You sound like Frank. Just doing things with no reason.”

Gerard looked up at Frank in confusion. “I kinda brought ya here and didn’t tell Ray. He’s not very happy about it.”

Ray turned on his heal to walk away but before reaching the door, he spoke. “You can stay but just remember where you are. One good deed doesn’t make you a good person.”


Ok so i haven't gotten any reviews so please guys, please review and tell me what sucks and what you like! I swear it will get better i'm just kinda at a writers block right now. :(
Sign up to rate and review this story