Categories > Original > Romance

Best Friends (one-shot)

by avery_averette 0 reviews

Friendship, love and in-betweens.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-18 - 594 words - Complete

0Unrated
Best Friends

'Did it hurt?' Tsubasa asks tenderly. 'I might've been a little rough just now.'

Gently, he wipes the cum oozing from Takki's sore privates. He can't tell his cum and Takki's apart. They're both thick with desire.

'Do you want another round?' Tsubasa asks the seemingly resting figure. Takki has his hand covering his eyes, which Tsubasa assumes are closed.

'Do what you want.' The reply is curt and razor-sharp.

To pacify his brooding partner, Tsubasa lies next to Takki and draws circles on the broad expanse of the still lightly heaving chest.

'Are you all right?'

'I'm fine.' There is less hostility this time, more hurt.

Tsubasa feels his body let out a sigh, but quickly swallows it. After so many years, he'd like to think that he has mastered all of Takki's moods, his needs and desires. He wants the latter to be happy.

'I'll go and clean up a little,' Tsubasa finally says, excusing himself.

Alone, in his semi-lit room, Takki pulls himself off the bed and searches for cigarettes. He has to do something, anything to stop the overwhelming emptiness from eating away at him. Why does he feel even lonelier after sex?

Takki finds the cigarettes, lights one and sits on the edge of the bed. It feels saggy, must be the wear and tear of the springs. Do relationships undergo wear and tear too? The mattress has been with Takki for a long time, and Tsubasa even longer. His first night on the mattress was with Tsubasa too. It felt so safe and comfortable that Takki let his defenses down and openly hugged Tsubasa. He can still faintly remember feeling the older boy turn rigid next to him, their hearts racing and their breathing equally laboured. Gradually, Tsubasa relaxed and placed his slightly damp hand onto Takki's. That night, Takki wasn't sleeping on his brand new mattress but floating on cloud nine.

A couple of years later, they broke up. Not officially, though. They weren't lovers or anything, just best friends, who share a bed. One day, Takki stopped inviting Tsubasa over. And eventually he stopped calling as well. Tsubasa, ever the kind and understanding friend, didn't kick up a fuss.

He didn't kick up a fuss either, when a couple of years later, Takki appeared slightly drunk at his doorstep. As if reading Takki's desire like a book, Tsubasa knew what he had to do. Without a word, he cupped Takki's flushed face in his hands and joined their lips. That night, Takki cried.

Why did he make his way back to him, Takki doesn't know. It's true that Tsubasa has always been very accommodating and sensitive to his needs. But he wants more than just a best friend who'd fuck him the way he likes.

The room is suddenly awashed in a peachy glow as Tsubasa steps out of the bathroom, fresh from his shower.

'You'll catch a cold, sitting naked like this.'

Takki ignores the concern and continues smoking and staring at an invisible fly on the wall.

'What are you doing?' Takki asks, suddenly jolting to attention.

'Doing what I want - holding you,' Tsubasa replies as he bear-hugs Takki from behind, wrapping their naked bodies together.

Silently and obediently, Takki lets himself nestle in Tsubasa's warm embrace. Only when his smoke is almost reduced to ashes, he asks, 'How much longer are you gonna hold me?'

'Until we stop crying.'

End: More stories at http://avery-averette.livejournal.com/. Enjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story