Categories > Books > Harry Potter > American at Hogwarts

Cookies

by hufflepuffgirl 0 reviews

Alex and the boys bake cookies and have a war

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-02-20 - Updated: 2012-02-20 - 877 words

0Unrated
The next day the group decided to hang around inside and were soon just relaxing upstairs. Alex curled up on Remus’s lap while James put his head in her lap and napped. As Alex and Remus read, Sirius and Peter were running around doing random things and occasionally attacking James.
When she finished reading, Alex started singing under her breath again and Remus looked at her curiously.
“You can sing?”
Alex shrugged modestly and Remus laughed.
“You’re good.”
“Thanks.”
Remus smiled at her and finished reading as well. Alex started playing with James’s hair and Remus ran his fingers through hers.
“Your hair is really soft.”
“Thanks.”
The rest of the day passed by uneventfully, unless of course you count the fact that Sirius somehow mysteriously ended up taped to the ceiling. Alex had absolutely no idea how that happened. Sirius didn’t believe her.
~x~
The following day, Alex volunteered the boys to help her and Mrs. Potter bake Christmas Cookies, so they all marched into the kitchen and sat down around the counter to wait for their assignments.
“Okay, James and Sirius, you two will decorate and gather ingredients. Remus, you and Peter will mix and put into the oven. Alex you will do the same, and oversee the decorating. I’ll just be doing a little of everything.”
Alex saluted and the group set off to work. Once they had a large bowl of dough going, Alex pulled out cookie cutters and started rolling out sheets of dough. She then cut them as strategically as possible; reusing what few scraps of cookie dough were left over. Mrs. Potter arranged the cookies on the sheet and Remus put them into the oven while James and Sirius got out frosting and sprinkles.
The oven beeped a few minutes later, and Remus pulled the cookies out. James and Sirius dove towards them but Alex caught both boys by their collars.
“Not yet boys, you don’t want to burn yourselves, we need to let them cool.”
James and Sirius both sat impatiently until Alex nodded and then they dove forward to start decorating while Remus and Peter put another sheet in the oven. While James and Sirius did basic frosting and sprinkles, Alex decorated all her cookies to look like their shape. The reindeer had red or black noses, dark brown antlers, white stomachs, and tan bodies, Santa had red suit, white trim, and black boots. Her Christmas trees were green with stars and ornaments.
“Alex! Those look really good!”
Alex smiled politely as she finished a reindeer and James stared at it curiously. “Why does it have a red nose?”
Alex’s eyes went wide with shock. “You don’t know Rudolph!”
The boys shook their heads and Alex was just shocked. “You haven’t heard that carol before?”
“No…” Sirius replied.
“Sing it for us Alex.” Remus smiled but Alex shook her head.
“I’m sure you don’t want to hear me sing.”
“Go ahead!”
Alex sighed and started. “You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen.”
“Who are they?” Sirius asked, but Remus covered his mouth.
“But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose. And if you ever saw him, you would even say it glows. All of the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names. They never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games. Then one foggy Christmas eve Santa came to say, ‘Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight’. Then how the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer you’ll go down history, you’ll go down in history.”
Alex finished embarrassedly and the boys started clapping, much to her dismay.
“Really, that was nothing.”
Remus shook his head at her while James ruffled her hair. “That was good Blondie!”
Alex stuck her tongue out at him and put him in a headlock, messing up his hair.
“I don’t think so!”
James flipped her and the pair crashed to the floor, wrestling about.
“James, what are you doing to Alex?” Mrs. Potter asked as she walked by towards the family room.
“Teaching her a lesson!”
“That’s rich! I’m teaching you a lesson, dork!”
James started smiling and he and Alex both lay on the floor laughing until Sirius and Remus helped pull them up. Peter had meanwhile decorated the rest of the cookies and then Alex started smirking as she flicked a handful of flour at Sirius.
Sirius’s eyes went wide, and he flicked sugar at Alex, who ducked, making it hit James. James flicked frosting at Sirius, but it hit Remus and soon a full-blown war was raging. After the kitchen had been completely destroyed, the war ended and the five teens lay on the floor covered in sugar, flour, sprinkles, and frosting.
“That was…” James began, and Alex finished the sentence for him.
“Epic.”
“Exactly!”
“We’d better clean up.”
Alex flicked her wand and everything went back into place and tidied itself up so the group headed upstairs to shower and clean themselves off before dinner.
Sign up to rate and review this story