Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Flipped Turned Upside Down

Reunited And It Feels So Good

by XxLiveyourlifExX 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-02-20 - Updated: 2012-02-21 - 1418 words

2Original
Reunited And It Feels Sooo Good
please read the title in your head like you're cheesily singing a song. It's better, trust me =)

The rest of the week was spent getting Alison to and from school, keeping Collin entertained, and planning for the big party. On Thursday afternoon Lauren was at the airport waiting to pick up Evan and Krissy. Then they headed to Julia’s house. Julia was quickly becoming a huge resource for Lauren. She had volunteered to help with the party anyway she could, and when she found out that Patrick and Lauren were going to surprise Alison with a visit from Krissy and Evan, she offered to watch Collin and pick Alison up from school with McKenzie.

Now Lauren was pulling the car to a stop in Julia’s driveway. They went up the walk and she rang the doorbell. Julia answered with a crying Collin on her hip. Regardless, she said brightly, “Hello, all!”

“Hi, Julia,” Lauren replied. “This is my brother Evan and his girlfriend and my best friend Krissy.”

“Nice to meet you.” Julia gave a wave. “Come on in.”

“Here let me take him,” Krissy said reaching for the baby.

“Absolutely. He’s been a little fussy today.”

“I noticed,” Lauren said as they walked into Julia’s kitchen. “He’s been like that for a couple of days and sleeping a lot. Maybe he’s getting sick.”

“Tylenol for infants,” Julia said knowingly. “The girls are upstairs, do you want me to call them?”

“Go for it.” To Krissy Lauren said, “You might want to give me that one. Alison might be a little wild.”

“Ali! Lauren’s here!” Julia called.

“Lauren! Lauren! At school today, I colored a picture-“ Alison stopped abruptly as she rounded the corner and caught sight of Krissy and Evan. Then the shrieking began.

“Hey little,” Evan said as the girl threw herself at them.

Krissy picked her up in a hug. “How’s my little Ali?”

After a few more minutes of joyful reunion, Evan set the girl down. Alison towed McKenzie towards them. “McKenzie this is my Krissy and my Evan.”

“Hi,” the little girl said shyly.

“This is McKenzie,” Alison was beaming. “She’s my friend from school.”

Krissy squatted down, “Nice to meet you.”

Evan waved a hello. A few minutes later, Lauren told Alison to go get her backpack so they could go home. Once back at Patrick’s, Evan and Alison were immediately outside on the new playset that was Joe’s early birthday present to her. Neither Krissy or Lauren could get Collin to settle so they decided they would go to CVS. After telling Evan that the boys would be back soon and that Lauren and Krissy would bring home dinner.

Collin quieted a little after the first few minutes of the drive, so the girls began to talk. Lauren parked the car and ran into the store to by the baby some Tylenol. She returned to the car and gave the dose to an again fussy Collin. He seemed to like the taste and Lauren and Krissy laughed as he sucked it down.

Then Lauren drove them to In-and-Out because she knew Evan loved it. By the time they got home, the driveway was full of the boys’ respective cars and Collin was asleep. Krissy carried the food in and Lauren carried the baby. She managed to get through the kitchen and upstairs before the craziness woke Collin up. When Lauren returned downstairs, Evan collided with her.

“Thank you for In-and-Out!” He squeezed her in a hug.


“Oh, none of that’s for you. I can make you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if you want.” His face was priceless. “If you want a really good one,” she continued, “Patrick has become a connoisseur of the elusive PB&J.”

“You’re a bad liar,” Evan said, releasing him. “Which one’s mine?”

Lauren stuck her tongue out at him and handed him a burger. “The rest of you better come and get some before Evan eats it all!”

The pandemonium that Lauren came to associate with this group ensued. Patrick though made sure Alison was seated at the table and had a burger before he dove into the fray for himself.

By the time dinner was over, it was time for Alison to go to bed. She said her goodnights after she made Krissy and Evan promise to come pick her up from school the next day. Patrick took her up and read her a story before returning to the now rowdy group downstairs.
They were all gossiping, talking about plans for the next couple of months. Pete was gushing about some potential fashion line. Joe and Andy were eager to start recording again, a sentiment shared by all. Evan was talking about some new talent he’d seen on the Dallas scene. And Krissy was talking about jobs she had applied for, she was trying to get hired as a nanny.

“We’d write you a great recommendation,” Patrick assured her.

It was funny, they had all only been apart about three weeks, but it seemed like they had months of things to catch up on. Krissy and Evan wanted to know everything about Alison’s school and the adorable things Collin was doing, and Lauren needed to be updated on the things that were going on back in Texas. It was about midnight before they finally settled down. Joe, Andy, and Pete left, promising to be back whenever they woke up the next day. Lauren made sure Krissy and Evan were all set in the guest room before she and Patrick went to bed themselves.

**

The next morning, Lauren was struggling with breakfast when Krissy came downstairs and to her rescue.

“I think he’s sick,” Lauren said while Krissy made scrambled eggs for Alison.

“Take him to the doctor?” Krissy suggested.

“We don’t have a pediatrician…” Lauren said puzzled. Then, a solution emerged. “I’ll call Julia.” After she gave the baby some more Tylenol, she called Julia’s cell as Alison thundered down the stairs for breakfast. “Hey, Julia. I’ve got a question.”

“Hi, Lauren. What can I do for you?”

“I was wondering if you could recommend a pediatrician? It’s looking like Collin’s sick.”

“Absolutely. We use Dr. Penchant. I’ll text you the address and the phone number.”

“Thank you so much!”

“No problem. Will we see you this afternoon?”

“Of course. Along with part of the gang. Alison wants to show Krissy and Evan her school.”

“Adorable. We’ll see you then.”

“Thanks again. Bye, Julia.”

“Bye, Lauren.”

She hung up the phone. Patrick immediately asked, “Pediatrician?”

“Yup,” Lauren answered. “Collin’s not feeling well.”

“Poor boy.” He held his arms out for the baby.

Lauren handed him over as her phone vibrated on the counter. “I’m going to call and make an appointment.” She disappeared from the kitchen. When she came back, Patrick was helping Alison put on her backpack. “Collin has an appointment at 9:30, so we’ll probably leave before you get back.”

Patrick nodded. “Do you need anything?”

“Insurance card?” She knew Patrick had taken out policies for the kids because they had to provide that information when applying to schools for Alison, she just didn’t know where the card was.

“Sure.” To Alison he said, “Hang tight for me one sec, ok Ali?”

“Ok.” Patrick disappeared. Alison turned to Lauren, “Is Collin gonna be ok?”

Her little face was so worried that Lauren gathered her into a hug before answering, “Of course, sweetheart. The doctor will fix him right up.”

Patrick returned, and after goodbye hugs from Alison and a kiss for Lauren from Patrick, the two were off to school. It had become a tradition for them to walk to school together. It was their bonding time.

Then Lauren packed up and put Collin in the car and drove to the pediatrician’s office. After paperwork and an extensive visit, she and the baby emerged with a diagnosis of an ear infection and a prescription for antibiotics. She dropped the prescription off on the way home and returned to a house full of people.

A/N: Ask and you shall receive morgansrainbow. Plus this was way more fun to write then reading Tagore or studying for my exam tomorrow. True Life: I'm a second semester senior. Hope you all enjoy! Review and tell me about it!
Sign up to rate and review this story