Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's Death Or Victory

Chapter 1

by EmsJayify 4 reviews

*KILLJOY FIC YOU AUDITIONED FOR!* In the year 2019, Poison Revolver and Broken Arrow are planning to take BL/ind down for good with the help of their allies... but how?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-25 - 2328 words

3Original
A/N - Heeeeeey guys! Sorry about the shitty summary; I'm really bad at them! :P So this in the start of my new Killjoy fic; 'It's Death or Victory' (Thanks for the title, Blood Bunny!)! I hope you enjoy it! To those of you in the story; tell me in you want anything changed about the way I portray your character etc! Otherwise; enjoy! :)







We were surrounded.

There was no fucking way we were getting out of this one alone.

“Revolver!” My sister screamed helplessly over the sound of gunfire exploding rapidly from all directions, dropping quickly to the dusty desert floor and barrel-rolling instinctively away from me. She lithely hopped back up to her feet a few yards away, drawing her bright yellow raygun from its worn holster before raising it towards the army of Dracs that surrounded us.
“What the fuck are we gonna do?!”

“I don’t know, Arrow!” I yelled back, wrenching my purple raygun from its scruffy leather holster at my thigh and levelling it with a nearby Draculoid’s face, pulling the trigger mercilessly as Arrow neatly dodged an oncoming beam of concentrated white light.
“Just shoot, goddamnit! I’ll think of something!”

The dangerously fierce dance of combat began as my sister and I stood in the midst of around 50 Draculoids, ghosting as many of the wretched things as possible before we were ghosted ourselves.


About 5 minutes into the conflict, the air was chokingly thick with smoke and the smell of burnt flesh.
I had received quite a few nasty burns to both my arms and stomach, and Arrow appeared to be limping slightly as she hurtled around, trying desperately to stay out of the deadly line of fire.


As I managed to down 2 Dracs in one shot, a new, vivid yellow lazerbeam came out of fucking nowhere and started shooting at the Dracs, killing them off quickly and cleanly before there were only about 10 of the fuckers left.

We managed to kill off the final 10 Dracs easily, shooting each and every limp body that lay lifelessly on the floor once again for good measure before stumbling out of the hazy cloud of dense grey smoke, coughing and wheezing before dropping to the dusty desert ground to catch our breath.

“You alright?” Arrow panted, coughing slightly as she slid her raygun back into its trusty holster on her thigh.

“I’m fine,” I replied with a frown, twiddling my raygun around in my fingers numbly as I looked over at my sister with a confused expression.
“Did you see that yellow lazer? There was another killjoy helping us fight, but the smoke was too thick to see anything but the Dracs through,”

“Yeah, I saw it too…” Arrow trailed off as I hastily put a finger to my red lips, spotting a foreign shadow looming ominously behind us, its light footsteps kicking up minimal amounts of golden desert sand as it walked warily towards us.

I clasped my purple raygun in my right hand, resting my pale index finger lightly on the trigger as I jumped up and spun around in one fluid motion, pointing the still-smoking barrel towards the oncoming stranger.

The girl that stood before my gun was tall – taller than me anyway – and slim. Her worried green eyes peaked out at me meekly from behind a few loose strands of bright orange hair, and her snakebite rings glinted up at me cheekily in the mid-morning sun, as did her bright yellow jacket.

She was certainly the spitting image of a killjoy, but still I couldn’t be sure. BL/ind would do anything to get their hands on myself and my sister; we were tied 1st on their most wanted list, along with The Fabulous Killjoys themselves.

“State your business here,” I demanded brashly, bringing my left hand up to clasp my raygun two-handedly to steady my slightly shaking grip.

“Woah; hold up! Don’t shoot! I’m a killjoy!” The girl babbled quickly, raising her pale, empty hands shakily to show she was un-armed.
“I was helping you fight back there, see?” The stranger explained in a slightly panicked tone, producing a bright orange raygun. She pointed it to the clear blue sky, firing it quickly with a shaking hand. A vivid yellow flash shot out of the barrel with a small zing and flew swiftly up into oblivion.
“I helped you kill off those Dracs back there,”

“I see,” I responded nonchalantly, lowering my raygun slightly as it was plain she didn’t want any trouble. BL/ind wouldn’t send somebody like this out, would they? They would send somebody stronger.
She looked pretty harmless; and if anything, scared out of her wits.
“And your name is..?”

“Citrus Fire. Pleased to meet you” The girl sighed quickly, obviously relieved that she hadn’t been shot as she shoved her gun back into its holster and held out a pale hand in greeting.

I took her hand in mine and shook it firmly once, flashing a little grin.

“Poison Revolver. It’s a pleasure,” I smiled, taking my hand away gently and gesturing to my sister carelessly with my smoking raygun. “This is my sister, Broken Arrow,”

“Hi,” Citrus waved, offering a shy smile.

“Hey, Citrus,” Arrow grinned, waving cheerily back. “And Rev; fuck off with the gun-pointing thing! I’ve already nearly died once today. Enough!”

“Fine,” I giggled, blowing on the tip of the barrel to rid of the smoke before shoving it back into the holster on my thigh with a grin.
“So are we leaving or what?”

“Where are you off to now, Citrus?” Arrow questioned, standing up from the sweltering desert floor and dusting herself off, wiping her sticky hands on the front of her denim shorts.

“Well, I got separated from my group; I was looking for them when I bumped into you guys. I thought you might be them so came to help, but apparently I was wrong. I’m glad I helped all the same,” Citrus explained briefly, flashing a small smile.

“How long have you been looking for them? Your team, I mean?” I asked, flicking my greasy, vivid red fringe out of my eyes lazily with a dirty hand.
Arrow and I hadn’t washed for days, and it was getting to a point where it was pretty damn bad. Our hair was greasy and our bodies were covered in dirt and grime, not to mention sand.

There was so much fucking sand.

“About… four days I think? ...Five? I don’t even know,” Citrus sighed, frowning.

“You’ve been walking alone through the desert for five days?!” Arrow asked, shaking her head.
“You’re crazy! That static’s been hell these past few days; just look at my hair!” Arrow pouted, gesturing to her messy, electric blue hair.

The tangle of blue was sticking up at odd angles, and some of it was floating madly around her head like a deranged lion’s mane. I giggled, biting my lip to stifle the laughter before Arrow noticed.

“C’mon Arrow, quit your whining. I’m grabbing the car. Citrus, you’re coming with us; we’ll help you find your group. It’s about time we did something useful,” I winked at Arrow, grabbing the Trans Am keys from the front pocket of my skinny jeans and jogging away through the sweltering desert heat to the towering grey boulder we had parked the car behind.

~
“Where to?” I questioned as I pulled the car out from behind the boulder, the hood was down so that we could fucking breathe. It was surprisingly hot today, even more so than usual.
I could see the haze coming off of the white Trans’ bonnet, billowing up into the endlessly blue sky and obstructing my vision.

“The area where Zone 5 meets Zone 6; by the old signpost,” Citrus instructed me, nodding to herself once. “That’s where they were last, anyway,”

“On it, we’re basically there anyway,” I nodded, tightening my grip on the steering wheel and swinging the car around, driving due East.
I honestly didn’t care if a little car manoeuvre was illegal, I’d done much worse.

“Let’s switch the radio on,” Arrow suggested, leaning forwards and twiddling the knob as I nodded once in confirmation, looking for the right frequency.

“Hey crash queens an-“ static “-orbabies! You’re here with me, Dr. D! Comin-“ static “- Up next is the My Chem hour, in honour of-“ static “-Fabulous Killjoys! Up now; Na Na Na!”

“FUCK YES!” Arrow screamed, turning the volume on the crappy little radio all the way up and singing her heart out as the song began.

I joined her enthusiastically, letting go of reality for a little while and screaming the lyrics that meant so much to me into the wind, along with any caution I’d had previously. For those sweet few minutes, I became a kid again.
Citrus was smiling softly in the back seat, singing along quietly and letting her orange hair whip around her face in a fiery flurry. Her bright green eyes sparkled happily in the desert sun, catching my glance in the rear-view mirror and smiling blissfully.

We needed this every so often, Arrow and I, to simply let go of reality and become kids again. What with the constant stress of trying desperately to stay alive, our childhoods had come to an abrupt halt. Music had always been our answer, and apparently it was Citrus’ too.



Just as Famous Last Words came on the crappy little radio, we drove past a bundle of colour lying unconscious on the side of the dusty road.

“Stop!” Citrus yelled over the radio, which Arrow hastily turned down. “Stop the car!”

I stomped on the brakes, bringing the Trans Am to an abrupt halt a few feet away from the unconscious killjoy. Citrus sprang from her seat, hurdling over the side of the car and rushing to the killjoy’s side.

“She’s out cold!” She announced, rolling the killjoy’s head onto her lap. “Help me get her into the car!”

“Arrow, go help her. I’ll swing the car around,” I murmured, starting the engine as Arrow hurdled out of the car and ran to Citrus’ side.


As I pulled the car into reverse gear, someone put a gun to my head.

“Fuck,” I muttered, drawing my own gun and pointing it at the supposed killjoy that was stood at the side of my car.

“State your business here,” We both commanded, both cracking a slight smile at the obscenity of it all.

“Well, I was here to take my comrade back to my camp, when all of a sudden you and your friends come hurtling down the road at god knows what speed and stop right beside her!” The killjoy explained, fiddling with a stray piece of her shoulder-length purple hair.

“Yeah. Citrus over there seems to recognise whoever that is,” I explained, nodding nonchalantly towards Citrus and Arrow, who were currently trying to desperately resuscitate the unconscious killjoy that lay limply on the side of the dusty desert road.

“Citrus?” The killjoy with purple hair questioned, instantly seeming to perk up at the name.
“Citrus Fire?!”

“That’s the one,” I nodded, pulling on a pair of reflective aviators. “You know her?”

“Hell yes I do! My team and I have been looking for her for days! We got into this fight with Dracs and they dragged her away before we could grab her!” The killjoy gushed, nodding enthusiastically.
“The girl on the road over there is Atomic Detonator. She was doing some kind of crazy experiment out here and didn’t return after about 5 hours, so I came out to look for her,”

“I see,” I nodded again, revving the car engine. “Hop in, let’s go get your friend over there and get you back to your base,”

The killjoy vaulted into the car, flopping lazily into the back seat with a mumbled thanks as I pulled towards my sister and Citrus, hopping out of the car as soon as I hit the brakes.

“You got her?” Arrow asked, flexing her fingers around the unconscious killjoy’s ankles. Citrus nodded.
“Alright, on 3,” Arrow said with a grin. “Rev, open the door for us, would you?”

“On it,” I replied, yanking the back door open.
“You’re gonna have to hop out…” I trailed off, waiting for the killjoy to introduce herself.

“The name’s Blood Bunny,” Blood Bunny called to me as she vaulted out of the car, walking to my side. “My friends call me Blood,”

“Nice,” I grinned as Arrow and Citrus wrestled the unconscious killjoy carefully into the car.
“I’m Revolver; Poison Revolver,”

The Poison Revolver?” She questioned incredulously. “As in Poison Revolver, the Bulletproof Ghost?” Blood gushed with a wide smile, babbling slightly as I nodded.

“That’s me,” I laughed, nodding.

“You look a lot different to your bullshit BL/ind ‘Wanted’ picture,” Blood noted, looking me over swiftly.

“Yeah, I change my hair and shit a lot to confuse the fuckers,” I laughed, flicking my hair swiftly out of my hazel eyes.
“It works, too,”

“Nice to meet you, Rev,” Blood grinned, using my well-known nickname as Arrow came to my side, prodding me on the shoulder.

“Who’s this?” Arrow asked hyperly, bouncing slightly on the spot.

“This is Blood Bunny,” I explained, looking over at the purple haired killjoy who was baring a big grin. “Blood; this is Broken Arrow,”

“Hey!” Blood laughed, giving Arrow a nod in greeting as Citrus came to her side.

“Hey Blood!” Citrus squeaked, giving her a quick hug. “What brings you here?”

“I’ll explain in the car, yeah?” Blood grinned, looking over at me. “Thanks for this, by the way,”

“No problem,” I replied, hopping back into the car. “Just tell me where to go,”
Sign up to rate and review this story