Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Midnight Troupe

Potion approaching

by Mynameisnotimportant 2 reviews

Sid's brother John gets a plan, and gets his brother to break the rules.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-03-03 - Updated: 2012-03-04 - 1238 words - Complete

-1Boring
“AAAHHH!”

Gerard’s snapped open. “Mikey? What’s going on?!” Gerard asked, leaping from the top bunk to the floor. “My shirts! All of my shirts are wrecked!” Mikey wailed, holding up a now dry tie-dyed shirt. “Me too!” Ray called, staring down at his shirts, lying in a brightly colored heap. “What’re we gonna do? Dress code is white shirts only!” Frank moaned.
Gerard ran a hand through his hair. “We broke a rule, didn’t we?”
“What?” Mikey bleated.
“We ratted on Sidney. He got even. Now we’re gonna get hit. Nothing we can do.”
“Gee, c’mon! Sid’s broken the rules too! He can’t do this!” Mikey shouted, waving his shirt in Gerard’s face. “Yes he can. We have no proof he did it. Essentially, we are screwed,” Gerard said, changing into his tie-dyed shirt.
“Well, didn’t Sid say if we were being bullied, that we had to take care of it ourselves?” Ray asked. “Right...Sid’s bullying us...so we get to hit him back!” Frank said happily.
Gerard felt the atmosphere change slightly. Mutiny is a very strong emotion, and it colored the air, invisible and intangible like carbon monoxide, but it was still there. “Maybe this is what Sid wants? Maybe he wants us to descend into madness!” Gerard reasoned.

“No! I’d never want that! I just want you lot to eat each other while I watch and laugh.”
The four boys turned to the doorway. Illuminated from the lights outside, he seemed to glow in a sickly, jaundiced sort of way.
“You! Did you do this to our shirts?” Frank asked, bounding forward, looking furious. Sid, however, was unperturbed. “Nah. Not my style, shorty. I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about. Sister Clare said that I’ve gotta take you punks for breakfast. There’s a uniform check afterwards, so look sharp, yeah?”
Frank glared. Sid, for once, actually looked nice. Shirt pressed, blazer ironed, and topped off with a smirk.
“You won’t get away with this!” Ray blurted.
Sidney’s eyes glittered. “You just wait.”

~*~

Long story short, the boys got hit across the knuckles and a record was kept. Sid looked wide-eyed and innocent.
That’s all that happened. The boys went to class with their tye-dyed shirts, and after first period was over, they came back to Dorm five to find clean shirts left there.
“See? Told ya he did it!” Mikey exclaimed triumphantly. Gerard wasn’t so sure. Why would Sid go through the trouble of tie-dying shirts only to replace them?

~*~
Sid stood by himself, smoking a cigarette. His band class had finished early, after Mr. Salander gave them all a piece in seven-eight time (fuck seven-eight time. Four-four is good enough) and told them all to learn the first movement before next class.
Sid took a drag and watched a pack of girls walk by, silently grading them by their looks. He wished his friend Lex’s art class would hurry the hell up and finish so he’d have someone to talk to.
Sid exhaled.
A boy slid in next to him, blazer scraping on the rough stucco wall.
“Sid.”
“John,” Sid said by way of greeting. Sid looked almost the same as his older brother, which was understandable, given the six month difference. “I can’t believe you made me pay for new shirts. They’re expensive. Pay me back,” Sid told his brother. “Feh. What’re you supposed to be, half Jew? Listen Siddy, I gotta plan,” John whispered the last part and leaned in closer. John had a weird habit when he talked to people. He either talked through them or talked to a space right next to their head.
“What kind of plan?”
“A great plan,” John replied, folding his arms. Sid stubbed out his cigarette and smirked. “Care to elaborate?” he asked.
“Easy peasy, Bro. Listen, yesterday night, I went into the woods-”
“You’re not supposed to be in the woods. There’s like, poison ivy and shit in there.”
“Shut it, Sid. Anyway, I found this broken down little house and I was thinking we could start a little....club there,” John explained, staring through Sid. “What kind of club? Like a cult?” Sid asked.
John grinned. “Sssort of....” he replied, seesawing his hand back and forth.
“Okay, no bullshit. Tell me everything,” Sid ordered. John obliged, and about three minutes later, Sidney was rolling his eyes and said “You’re crazy, that’s stupid, and it’ll get us expelled.”
“So what? Sneak out with me tonight, and see the house for yourself. Then you’ll see,” John said casually. Both boys knew that it was a dare, and first to pussyfoot out would lose.
“Fine. See you after curfew,” Sid said bitterly, and stalked off.
~*~

Sidney slid into a seat next to his Dormmates at lunch. Everyone turned and collectively glared at him.
“Go away, Sid!”
“Yeah! We don’t want you here!”
Sidney rolled his eyes. “Shut your faces. Listen, the tye-dye was a bit of a dick move, but my brother made me buy you lot new shirts, so all’s well and good, m’kay?”
“You have a brother?” Mikey asked.
“Yes. Don’t interrupt. Now, in order to make up for my, ah, disrespectful behavior earlier, I’ll teach you all the things they don’t teach you in class,” Sid told them, eating his mac and cheese and talking at the same time.
“What kind of stuff?” Ray asked warily.
Sidney grinned. The sight was slightly terrifying.

“First topic, girls!” Sid said, spearing a wayward noodle off the side of his plate. “Oh my God! No! We had the talk already!” Frank protested. “Shut up, and no you haven’t, fuck face. Everything you need to know about a girl, you can learn from her shoes,” Sid explained.
“Really?” Gerard asked, intrigued.
“Oh yeah. For high heels, anything over five inches, girl’s a slut. Example,” Sid paused, and pointed across the cafeteria to a girl in six-inch heels paired with her school uniform. She was talking to a group of guys with one hand on her hip, primping and giggling.
“Name is Megan Rutherford. She’s a wide receiver,” Sid explained nonchalantly. “She plays football?” Mikey asked. Sidney laughed and shook his head, giving Mikey an “I’ll explain it later,” as a reason.
“Okay, forward. Converse sneakers. Girl thinks she’s an individual scenester. Goes out of her way to be different, but actually probably has low self-esteem so they’ll do a lot for you-”
“Gross!” Gee blurted.
“You’ll thank me later. Mmm, okay, in the public showers, don’t drop the soap, and wake up early for hot water. Watch out for Father Starnes, aka the Eagle, don’t molest the nuns, and, uh, don’t trust people older than you.”
“You’re older than us, though,” Mikey pointed out.
Sidney grinned wolfishly. “Exactly.”

(A.N. Alright, new chapter. Who auditioned Alexia? For some reason I can see her in band, and my headcannon instrument is actually bassoon. Does that make sense to whoever's renting her out? It's either bassoon or Bari sax. If there is any sort of disagreement, please let me know.

Edit: My God, I am incompetent. My deepest apologies for posting this EIGHT times. I am very sorry indeed.
Sign up to rate and review this story