Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's Death Or Victory

Chapter 3

by EmsJayify 3 reviews

But as we all know, looks can be very deceiving indeed.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2012-03-05 - Updated: 2012-03-05 - 1501 words

0Unrated
A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while; I would rant about my schoolwork but I'm sure you don't care :3

Anyhoo, go forth to the next chapter! Thank you to those who R&R'd the last chapter, I really fukken appreciate it! ^-^

~E xo







“Here?” Blood yelled, bringing her sleek black motorbike to a dusty halt, accidentally spraying the Trans with hot desert sand. She grinned in apology, and I simply rolled my eyes at her, idling the Trans.

We were currently idled outside of an abandoned-looking department building; its peeling sign was no longer legible due to the wear and tear of the unforgiving desert.

“Sure. I’ll check if it’s empty,” I called back to Blood nonchalantly, yanking the keys roughly out the ignition with a small, metallic click before vaulting out of the car.
I drew my trusty purple raygun from its holster, kicking the rotting door open and stepping into the doorway, raygun at arm’s length.

“All clear!” I yelled back to the others after a quick look around the eerily empty room from the decaying doorway, cautiously stepping inside.
I wasn’t jumped; so I took that as a good sign.


I proceeded into the damp, rotting room, the smell of dust, dirt and decay filling my nostrils as I kicked yet another door open.
Warily, I peeked inside.


“HOLY SHIT!” I exclaimed, slamming the door forcefully with a marred scream and running out of the warehouse, ready to puke over anything and everything.

“What’s up, Rev?!” Arrow questioned with a look of shock etched upon her tanned features, a slight hint of hysteria in her edgy tone.
I couldn’t say anything at that moment, so I simply shook my head forcefully.


“Shall I go look?” Blood offered, stepping warily back through the rotting doorway. I shook my head vigorously at her, making an odd, strangled noise at the back of my throat.

“What was it, Rev?” Arrow questioned persistently from beside my shaking figure. Her tanned face was turning paler by the second.

“Killjoys,” I gasped, as Candy and Corpse exchanged a confused look.

“Shouldn’t that be a good thing?” Candy questioned before I cut her off, blanching at the thought.

“…They’re dead. All of them... they’ve all been ghosted and left to bleed on the floor,” I choked out, shuddering slightly.

“Fuck,” Blood breathed, shaking her head and walking towards the door I had just slammed shut warily.
“I’m taking a look, okay?”

“Your funeral,” I whispered under my breath as the door slowly creaked open.


“Jesus CHRIST!” Blood exclaimed, jumping back and slamming the door forcefully shut.
“Who the fuck would do that?! Just leave them in a fucking bloody heap on the floor?! That’s totally sick! Barbaric! Fucking disgusting!”

“You what?!” Det exclaimed from where she had been stood beside Blood’s bike, quickly dashing to Blood’s side and looking her directly in the eye with a steely gaze.

“Anyone we know?”

“No,” Blood sighed in a near-thankful tone, shaking her head.
“Nobody we know,”

“Good,” Det murmured, her shoulders slowly sinking back to their normal position on either side of her head.


“So are we actually staying here? Or are we finding somewhere else to stay?” Arrow questioned, looking over at me cautiously, searching for an answer in my eyes.

“Just stay away from that room and I’ll be fine,” I muttered, shaking my head in disgust.
“Fucking BL/ind,”





~

After about 3 days of staying in that abandoned place, I was literally pleading for out.

I hadn’t shot anything in 3 fucking days, let alone go out for my regular run through the scorching hot desert; following the sun until it disappeared over the hazy horizon and re-appearing with it the following morning.


Everyone was pretty fed up with me, what with my constant moaning about literally everything there was to moan about. I got bored extremely easily, and it didn’t seem to be helping the already-tense situation.

The zone we were currently bunkering in was swarmed with Flies and Draculoids alike, making it literally impossible to do just about everything for days on end.
We were out of food, and were beginning to run dangerously low on water.

The worst part?

We couldn’t do a thing about it.



“Guys!” I moaned once again from where I was perched on a stack of empty boxes, my legs swinging freely as I whined some more.
“Can we leave this fucking place yet? I’m so bored! I’m gonna die of boredom if I stay here much longer!”

“Shut your fucking face, Rev! Jesus fucking Christ! Do us all a fucking favour and just shut up for five fucking minutes?!” Arrow yelled back at me forcefully, finally losing her nerve.
I had expected it soon enough, I had been moaning non-stop for days and Arrow got pissed off with me pretty easily.

She blamed it on the desert, of course.


“Can’t I just leave?!” I whined as I jumped down from my stack of boxes, noting the hazy desert sun beginning to peek out from its hiding place behind the dusty horizon.
“Can’t I go for a run? Shoot some stuff? Get us some food and water before we all fucking die in this place?” (AN: Did ya get the Kill All Your Friend’s reference there? Trololo)

“If it will shut you the fuck up, then sure! Get the fuck outta here! It’s your fucking funeral! Just shut the hell up for five freaking minutes!” Arrow screamed at me; her usually-inquisitive green eyes hardening with pure, pent-up rage.

“Well I can’t exactly be bothering you if I’m gone, can I?” I flung smartly back at my sister, grimacing as I checked my raygun’s battery life.

Low.


“Alright, I’m finding the nearest vending machine or whatever and getting as much shit from it as possible. If I don’t come back within three days, assume me dead or in serious danger. If I’m not back within 24 hours, assume me in trouble. But seeing as I’m hoping for the best, I’ll be back before the sun goes down,”

With that, I scooped up our shared vend-a-hack and my rainbow backpack, making my way to the front door of the abandoned, forgotten building.
I kicked the decaying door that lay before me open as I ignored the desperate calls from behind me, wary of the death threats coming from Arrow that were laced eloquently between my other friends’ calls of worry and concern.


I quickly stepped out onto the soft desert sand, swinging the rotting door shut after me before running briskly of into the slowly waking desert, the desert sun hot on my back as I ran.



~
After about 10 minutes of running, I spotted a run-down looking gas station. I hadn’t seen any Dracs so far, so I took this to be a good sign. Perhaps they’re laying off of this zone now? Maybe they think they’ve wiped everyone out?

Possible, but not probable.


I gripped my raygun slightly tighter as I ran right up to the neglected gas station, the rare smell of petrol filling my nostrils as I peered around.

It was all clear, as far as I could tell.



I spotted a BL/ind brand vending machine inside of the little paying kiosk, warily running inside and scanning the immediate area.

Again, clear.

I slowly walked up to the vending machine, carefully looking down each dusty isle before hacking into it, mashing the buttons on the vend-a-hack correctly and gaining myself free access to the products within.


“Batteries…” I muttered, hitting the correct button on the large white machine. Two raygun batteries tumbled noisily out of the pristine white chute.

I grinned, quickly replacing the old batteries with the new.

Hastily, I scanned around the room, my eyes falling upon a row of empty Power Pup cans.

Without thinking twice, I levelled my gun and fired, hitting the can on the far right straight through BL/ind’s stupid logo.


I grinned, content with my gun as I carefully replaced it in its holster.
Immediately, I toggled with the vend-a-hack again, producing two bottles of water and an extra raygun, graciously missing out on the dog food that was on offer.


“Easy enough,” I mumbled to myself as I shoved the water and the extra raygun into my rainbow backpack, removing the vend-a-hack from the machine and stuffing it in there too.

Hastily, I ran out of the store, still slightly on-edge of being jumped as I yanked the rusty door open, drawing my raygun from its holster.


It still looked pretty clear, so I jogged out of the run-down gas station at a leisurely pace, crossing over the hot tarmac of the dusty road without a care in the world.



But as we all know, looks can be very deceiving indeed.
Sign up to rate and review this story