Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

These Are The Days

by XxLiveyourlifExX 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-05 - Updated: 2012-03-06 - 1103 words - Complete

0Unrated
These Are The Days

“Save your game, Joseph.” It was the fifth time Chris had told him to turn of the television to get ready to go play their show.

“Five more minutes.”

“I gave you five more minutes fifteen minutes ago.” Chris ruffled his hair. “If I come back in here and your still playing, I’m turning it off.”

“Fine, mommmm.”

Chris rolled her eyes and went to check on the others in the bunkroom. “You guys have to go in three minutes.”

“Ok,” Andy answered.

“I lost my eyeliner,” Pete said, digging furiously through a bag.

Chris sighed and grabbed her own makeup bag. “Here, you can borrow. You don’t have lots of time.”

He kissed her cheek as she handed him the pencil. “You’re the best.”

“I try. Seriously, though, three minutes.” Chris walked back to the front of the bus. “Joseph,” she said accusingly, seeing Joe still engrossed in his game.

He looked up guiltily. Chris just shook her head and reached over to the power button on the xbox. “No! No! I’m saving right now!”

She looked at the screen to make sure what he was saying was true. When she saw that it was, she held out her hand for the controller. He handed it to her, head hanging. “Thank you Joe. Are you ready?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Don’t call me ma’am.” Chris playfully hit his shoulder.

“Don’t hit me.” He shoved her back lightly, a grin on his face.

By the time the others emerged from the bunkroom, Joe and Chris were in a full on tussle, laughing and screeching.

Joe, being a bigger human being than Chris, had a good grip on her now and the tussle
evolved into Joe tickling Chris unmercifully while the others looked on.

“Really,” Chris panted. “No one’s going to help?” When they just stood there and laughed, Chris turned her attention back to Joe. Taking advantage of an opportunity, Chris grabbed Joe’s ear lobe. He instantly froze. “Let me go.”

He did as he was told. Chris then turned to the other boys, still holding onto him. She straightened her shirt and her hair. “Ready to go?”

They nodded and all left the bus. Chris escorted them to the stage, partly to make sure they got there without incident and partly because she was still hanging onto Joe.

When they arrived and the boys were starting to gear up, she said to Joe, “Are you going to behave now?”

“You can’t tell me what to do!”

“Oh yes she can.” Alex’s voice startled both of them.

“Hey, Alex,” Chris said.

“What did Joseph do this time?” He asked knowingly.

“I was defending myself!”

“Just go get ready, Joe. It’s almost time for you to go on.”

Joe went off to join the others. Just before they went on Pete dragged Chris away from her conversation with Alex for their preshow ritual. She joined the little circle in between Pete and Joe. She listened to Pete’s pep talk, then it was her turn.

“As usual, you guys are gonna be awesome. I know we’re halfway through and y’all are getting tired, but remember the kids out there who’ve scraped the money together to be here. We were them once. So be awesome. Y’all are the best. I love you guys.”

Someone from the stage crew said, “Load in is done, we’re all set.”

Patrick said, “Time to go save the world.”

Chris kissed Pete before he followed the others onstage. Chris watched their set from the wings like she did every night. She knew the boys were all professional now, but it still kinda felt like bad luck if one of them looked over and she wasn’t standing there, leaning against equipment singing along. She only left to make sure there was water for Joe, Pete, and Patrick when they came offstage during Andy’s drum solo and that a stagehand ran some out to Andy.

After the show, Chris hugged the sweaty boys without hesitation and they all headed back to the bus. She let them make some kids’ day when they walked near a chain link fence. They had some time before the busses left, so Chris gave them the ok to go over to the screaming teenagers. When twenty minutes had passed, she had to tear the boys away apologizing profusely to the people on the other side of the fence. Then it was back on the bus.

**

The tour finished much the same. Then it was back to Chicago, but only for a little bit. Then the boys headed out to LA to record. Chris went with them until Alex sent her out on another tour. Luckily this one was shorter and the band was nicer. The boys were doing great. Bands on Pete’s label were exploding, the boys were having a great time recording, and there were talks of the boys being on the Honda Civic Tour.

Infinity on High became a hit and the boys were psyched to go out on tour not only with their friends in The Academy Is… and Cobra Starship, they were super excited to get to tour with +44. And Paul Wall was pretty cool, too.

Then the boys started recording Folie a Deux. They were stressed because there was a lot of pressure from the record company to make another successful record and the company thought the obvious way to do that was for Fall Out Boy to make the same record as they did last time. But the boys were more interested in doing what they wanted. It made meetings difficult and they, especially Pete, tended to carry that stuff home. But, that’s the price of being famous.

To top it all of, the boys had bought a bar. A drunken night on the road had led them to the conclusion that they should do so. Now, for every other normal person, suggestions like this never come to fruition, but for these guys, pretty much anything was possible. So they bought a bar. If things were barely keeping together during recording, they were about to fall apart.

A/N: CHAPTER 40!! I am so excited. Also, something exciting, I finished writing the story. It's only taken me, what, 2 1/2 years? Only five or six more chapters and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. My friend Casey would like you to know that he loves Spread Sheets. Welcome to our life Crandall-style. Enough rambling. Leave me a review!
Sign up to rate and review this story