Categories > Original > Fantasy

Akashitsuji

by Esmeray 0 reviews

A Grim Reaper is working as a butler for the Alabastar house hold. The daughter knows what her job but doesn't know the mission its self. Colleen wants it that way.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-06 - Updated: 2012-03-06 - 1181 words

0Unrated
"Mai-Sama," Waking my master,"Breakfast time."
"Colleen?"
"Yes my lady."
"What are we having?
"Poached salmon with a side of eggs and bacon, and for tea we have earl gray."
"My favorite, whats on the agenda?"
"We have clarinet lessons with Mrs. Hayes, History with Mr. Green, and sword lessons with me." I said while getting her dressed.
"Do you have an assignment?"
"No, not yet, now come down for breakfast." She was pouting on the bed when I walked away. I can't believe it has been ten years since I started working as the Alabasters butler. I was told by the head Grim Reaper to watch this family because the parents cinematic records were to be collected. The mother is dying of illness she had when Mai was born, and the father well, I don't know yet but he is due to die.
"Mrs. Alabastar?"
"Colleen? Please come in." She said weakly.
"Good morning miss, I've brought you your medicine."
"Oh thank you dear. How are you today?"
"I'm doing fine, I came to tell you the doctor is coming by today. I received that letter yesterday afternoon. Is Mr. Alabastar in the study?" I asked.
"Yes, he likes to be in there before breakfast." She gave a very weak laugh.
"Thank you. I will take my leave now"
"Thank you Collen."
Mr. Alabastar is a sleazy bastard and I hate him. When I fist started working as the butler here he was treating his family like garbage, that was one thing I made sure to change.
"Mr. Alabastar?"
"Please enter."
"Entering." I entered and sat his coffee on his desk. He grabbed my waist a pushed up against the desk. "Sir, what do you think you are doing?" He tries to reach for my buttons. "I'd advise you not to do that."
"And why not?" He continued to reach for My buttons but before he could I had my death scythe pointed at his throat.
"I warned you sir. If you don't mind I will take my leave now. Also, breakfast is ready."
As I was walking I was greeted by William.
"Ah, William so nice to see you again."
"Yes, Colleen how is this mission?"
"Good. Mrs. Alabastar has maybe a few days at best and Mr. Alabastar is unpredictable."
"Good to hear, and the girl?"
"She is doing fine, she does't know of the mission." She doesn't and I hope she never knows.
"She just knows what you do right?"
"Yes."
"Good, I have an assignment for you." William said handing me a folder.
"Really? Who?" I said opening the folder.
"Miss Melenore, she owns a shop in town."
"When?" I asked.
"Tomorrow."
"Ok thank you."
"Good luck with the rest of the mission."
"Um, William."
"Yes?"
"Who will take care of her when her parents die?"
"I'll put in a good word to the Head Grim ok?" He said smiling.
"Ok thank you." Before I could look up he was gone.
I went through the day tending to Mrs. Alabastar, just until it was time for Mai's sword lessons and not once did Mr. Alabastar ask for me. It's probably for the best, I would have killed with out a second thought. After sword lessons the doctor came for Mrs. Alabastar. I lead him up to her room. After examining her he gave us the news we all didn't want to hear.
"I'm afraid she has 2 days at the most."
Just as I predicted, she didn't seem sad, she was almost glad, glad her suffering is almost over. I set the doctor on his way. Now I need to prepare supper. But first I need to inform Mai.
"Mai tomorrow we are going into town."
"An assignment?!" She shouted with enthusiasm.
"Yes," Laughing. "You will eat breakfast like normal but after that we are to leave."
"Yay!! I'll be up before sunrise!"
"Ok" I laugh. I left to go check on supper preparations.
ding ding "The study huh." Him again.
Knock Knock
"Enter."
"Yes sir."
"Colleen please!"
"What?!"
"I want my Mai to have a sibling but my wife is to sick to-" Before he could finish I was behind him with a knife at his throat.
"Listen, I don't like you! The only reason I'm here is for Mai! That's it!"
"But-" I pressed the knife harder on his neck.
"Back off or your life will end here and now!"
"Yes, sorry to bother you."
I stomped out of the room furious. I have never felt so humiliated in my life. I don't want mai to put up wiht this, if it was my duty I would end him here and now; but, it isn't. I wish it was.
"Mai supper is ready."
"Colleen!" she shouted. "Is my dad bothering you?"
"No ma'am he-"
"Don't lie! Just now he called you in there, am I right? I heard everything! I don' want a sibling! I wish he would just disappear!!" She was crying at this point.
"My lady? Is that an order?"
She thought about it for a second. "Yes."
"You can't be serious?! I've dealt with him he won't-"
"He'll go back to the way he was! He is nothing but a vile creature whose sole purpose is to be a menace to all society! His company, the mansion, everything is now mine!"
I could tell she was serious about this. She wanted me to kill her own father. I now know why his death was unprdictable. For some reason I was brimming with excitement. I finally get to get rid of that vile man. There was a problem. Mrs. Alabastar is to die any day now and Mr. Alabastar is to die by my hand. Who will watch over her when my mission here is complete? I haven't gotten word from William yet, so it can't be me. Right now I just have to focus on killing Mr. Alabastar.
"Sir may I enter?"
"Yes" I could here his excitement through the door. "Colleen, did you reconsider?"
"No quite the opposite." Luckily he didn't hear me. I pulled out my death scythe, which are two bladed fans, and walked to him. He was babbling something about baby names, to get his attention I threw one fan which hit the wall behind him. "I didn't come here to talk about anything like that. Your time is up! You will die by my hand!"
"Colleen what exactly are you?"
"I'm Colleen Karenza, a Grim Reaper. When you took me in as your families butler you had no idea who I was until now! Now if you don't mind, die for Mai!"
"If you kill me who will watch over her? Did you ever think of that?"
"I have and I have decided that I will watch over her, because that's what a butler does!" I was shouting, but by the time he could utter a syllabul I had my fans slit his throat. Finally Mai and I are free from his vile games. Just when I finally got to see Mai smile again, it will vanish.
Sign up to rate and review this story