- Thank You for slapping some sence into Harry. And Please Please continue this story, I absolutely hated the last two books and was mildly insulted by them especally since Harry and Hermione were unofficial Boyfriend/Girlfriend in the fifth book, And I hope that Bruce points out how useless Mo-Ron really is.
Author's responseThanks for reviewing. I really don't know what Jo was thinking with the last books. If she was tired with the story maybe she should have just arranged a ghost writer?
What annoys me though is reading all the choco fans carrying on abut how Harmony was never going to be, and the interviews with JKR where she was talking about how Ginny was always going to be the one for Harry.
The funniest thing I've heard about are those interviews where she supposedly admits that Hermione was kind of a self-insert for herself, and that in real life she ended up with 'her' Harry-type guy.. then admits she herself wouldn't have chosen a Ron. I mean, "What the?" Does that make any sense at all?
(#) jabarber69 2009-06-19this is mind boggling, and you can definitely have some fun with this!
Author's responseThanks Jabarber, and yep, I sure intend to do my best.. I had an idea pop into my head earlier today while reading a fic and thinking how I'd like to have responded if I'd been Harry. Then I figured this was something I could have Bruce advise Harry on.
How about this? Bruce is telling Harry basically to stop being so wussy and live up to his potential - using the crap he takes from Snape as an example. Deciding to give him a practical demonstration of what he's talking about, he sets up the Room to mimic the Potions classroom, (just like running a holodeck program), and takes on Harry's appearance and role in the 'program' (leaving Harry to watch from the side). Then when Snape starts his usual 'pick on Harry' routine, Bruce responds.. :)
- you've already said that Dumbles isn't going to be happy. How far are you going to take that? Will he accept the changes in Harry and try to help him, or is he going to be all "This is for the Greater Good. Do as I say." or better yet, will he be pre-emperor Palpatine evil?(I remember one fic where the author had Dumbles put Bellatrix under imperious just to make her kill Sirius to get him out of the way)
As for Harry's power-level: if you plan to make him truely equal to Voldy try a block on his magical core. that would explain why he has occasional moments of truly impressive magic but is generally mediocre.
Author's responseHey Bigshot. I guess the short answer is I haven't fully decided on Dumbles yet. My take on him is how I've painted him in my other fic - that he's not so much 'evil' as he is convinced of his own righteousness and that the needs of the greater good outweigh Harry's happiness. Also, that he doesn't truly know the extent of what Harry has been through; eg, he knows broad strokes but not details (since he didn't bother following up).
I'm not sure how I feel about the magical block idea. I've seen it used a lot of times, and I'm all in favour of a really powerful Harry, but honestly, I think his problem is more one of focus and discipline. I'll use the Patronus he cast to save Sirius and Hermione as a canon example of what he can do when he has confidence and focus in his casting.
- This is an interesting start, Brian. I like the idea, but the end should have a Daily Profit story dated 5 November, describing how the Wizengamot and the ministry was all blown to smithereens in a freak exothermic reaction involving a 7 compartment trunk, a magical timer, and several hundred pounds of what was thought to be a common muggle toy called 'Play-Dough' (C4+color changing spells). It could be dropped in the Floo network from someplace under a fidelius and dissillusioned and nobody would know where it came from.
"Strangely enough, the lack government control in every witch and wizard's everyday life seems to have met with more celebrations than when HP spanked Tommy 'I'm a Dark Lord, dammit, not a geek with ancestry issues!' Riddle..."
In the London papers, it could be speculated that it came from some terrorist organization, but strangely enough, everyone from the PLO to the IRA and even some guy calling himself Guye Fawkes called the papers to claim the work as their own.
Who needs to be labeled a Dark Lord? HP can just be the guy with a job to do. Let some other poor schmuck have the job of putting the pieces back together. Harry can withdraw all potter funds, sell off all the magical stock, destroy the wiz. economy, look at Sirius, Tonks, Andi, Ted and Hermione and say "Aruba or Trinidad, my dear?"
Author's responseHeh heh, interesting idea but one I'll leave to you. The idea of taking off for an island with his friends at the end is good, and I've liked stories with that sort of outcome. We'll see. Maybe there's a better outcome available? :)
(#) Kwisatz_Haderach 2009-06-20Very original, well done! You have me very curious about what Bruce (you?) will do to help Harry prepare. Is using stuff from other, well known pieces of fanfiction an option?
I greatly look forward to your next installment.
Author's responseHi and thanks for the review. I think of Bruce as being more of an 'every reader' character than a self-insert. As for using ideas from fanfiction.. that was one of the first ideas I had when this bunny attacked. :)
- Now this is a bit of an interesting thingamabob you have here. It should be interesting seeing where this thing goes.
I have to agree with you about the things that you mention. My next publication will include a rant... topics include Harry's lessons (with both Snape and Dumbledore), Ron being useless, and JK raping her characters in much the same way that Southpark accused Lucas and Spielberg of raping Indiana Jones.
- so I'm guessing you decided not to update this? too bad. hope you change your mind.
Author's responseHey Bigshot,
I have actually written some more in the story, and posted it to my Yahoo group, but the lack of response suggested there really wasn't enough interest in it. It isn't dead, but I don't want to spend my time writing a story people aren't all that interested in.
- this seems like a great concept, never seen it before so that has to count for something.
For awhile I was right confused about what the hell was happening, all of a sudden he's talking with a guy about the HP books.. kinda creepy and odd. lol
I hope you can get on with more of this and help get rid of the people that no one likes, mainly ROn, Dumbles, Voldie, and Snape.
Sign up to review this story.