Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Of Comics and Coffee

Parades and Wastelands

by GAClive 2 reviews

The former singer grabbed it to hold it still long enough to read the cover, “The Black Parade?”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-15 - Updated: 2012-03-15 - 689 words

1Exciting
Gerard paced back and forth across the store for a good twenty minutes on saturday morning before he finally decided to distract himself by drawing up some sketches for a charity auction that weren't due till the end of the month on halloween. The distraction worked so well that he ignored the customers that roamed the shop unless they talked to him.

He finally did look up when his paper was yanked away from under his hand causing the pen to leave a long line across the page. His eyes shot up in one of his deadliest glares only to meet a familiar set of smiling green eyes. “Frank, you're a--” he paused for a moment when he noticed there were children nearby, “...a horrible person!”

The guitarist feigned insult and clutched his heart, “Why, Gerard, you do me great dishonor!” He smirked once before climbing over the counter to hug his friend. “How are you, Way?”

Gerard released his friend and looked pointedly at the store around him. “I'm pretty ok. Finally bringing in some more staff so the work load should lighten a bit,” he reached towards the ever present pot of coffee and poured Frank a cup. “So, what are you doing here? How's Jamia?”

Frank accepted the cup and took and appreciative sip, “Jamia's great! I'm actually here to help Mikey out with judging the battle at The Glass Bottle.” He was, of course, speaking of the annual battle of the bands that took place at the local club. “If your work load is lightening, do you think you'd have some free time on your hands?”

Gerard stared down the man with an eyebrow raised in suspicion, “Maybe... why?” Frank gave him a smile as though to say, “When have I ever done you wrong?”

Gerard continued to glare until Frank laughed, “I think it's time we came back from hiatus.” Gerard scoffed, “I dunno about you, but I have no idea what to do for a new album.”

Frank was already shaking his head and searched about him for a few moments in the store, “Well, I dunno... maybe... maybe something like this!” He snatched a comic from a somewhat hidden shelf and waved it around Gerard's face.

The former singer grabbed it to hold it still long enough to read the cover, “The Black Parade?” He had enjoyed writing it but he had no idea how to get inspiration from it for music. Frank bobbed his head up and down and seemed more certain when his excitement grew. “Yeah! I mean, your grandma always inspired us with music before, and this is kind of like the next step in the thought process! Death, death and how we deal with it...” He noticed the growing look of dazed confusion cloud Gerard's face, “You know what I mean?”

The hazel eyes snapped back up to look at his friend, skepticism was gone and in its place was the unmistakeable gleam that showed Frank the gears had started to turn. The eyes blinked and flicked back down at the comic, the certainty faded slightly but still there. “Maybe... I'll think about it, k?” That was more than enough to make Frank happy, he had tried several times to get the band together and he finally felt close to victory.

“Yeah, sure! Think all you want and I'll see you later, alright? I got to go meet Mikey for lunch,” he slapped his friend on the shoulder in excitement.

“Alright, yeah. Call me later?” Gerard called out to his friend as Frank moved to leave the store. “Will do!” The guitarist shouted on his way out. The door closed behind him leaving a slightly bewildered Gerard to sit and sip his coffee, his mind lost in thought as he waited for Lauren to show up for her interview.


A/N: Aw Frank... sometimes all you need is a friend to kick you in the ass every once in a while. Many thanks to PerfectTomorrow for reviewing! You're a sweetheart. =) Thank you all for reading and please leave me a comment to let me know what you think! =)
Sign up to rate and review this story