Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Headfirst for Halos

Am I Insane...No I'm Just A Little Stoned

by SimplexMinded 3 reviews

it was all black with a dull drown stem covered in thorns. The pedals were shiny and well kept, looking almost like silk in the light.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-15 - Updated: 2012-03-16 - 2285 words

1Original
I don’t remember how I got where I am all I know is I’m in a room with a demon. The air is cold and stale. My body shivers and my arms wrap around my chest in an attempt to find warmth.

The demon is sitting in a corner, crouching over with a tilted head looking up at me. His eyes blaze blood red and as he watches me. He neither moves nor says a word, just watches me. Soon the room started to spin and I can’t find the floor. My legs collapse from underneath me and I scream as pain shoots through my wrist when I land wrong. The stone ceiling is shaking back and forth as if its on a jyro and I can’t seem to find one thing that is stationary.



My whole chest shoots up as my fingers grip my black hair. “Fuck.” My eyes search for my room mate to find she is fast asleep like always. My body is covered in sweat as I throw my legs over the side of the bed, standing up to look at myself in the mirror. My face is pale from my dream, my eyes blood shot from the tears shed while I was asleep and my hair is knotted. My cloths are pulled up and twisted from my tossing and turning however my wings were still just as perfect with the exception of a few feathers sticking up. “I can’t take this anymore.”

I make my way to the dresser and pull out a long black skirt and a button up white shirt. Once my shoes were on, I threw on a oversized hoodie I found back on earth on one of my many prohibited trips there. “Why the fuck am I an angel? I’m not very good at it.” Grabbing my backpack and keys, I make my way out of the dorms and out into the path that leads to the cellar door. I look up to make sure no one is watching me before pulling out a pair of headphones and pressed play on my ipod. Also prohibited I might add. Soon the words of Billy Talent consume me as I make my way down to where I will confront the object of my insanity.

Hold you breath and count to 4
Pinky swears don’t work no more,
Footsteps down the hallway floor
Getting closer to my door,
I was alive but now I’m singing
Silent Night for the rest of my life
[//]
Slowly my fingers gripped the doors as my body heaved to pull the heavy objects open. Making my way down the dark hallway, my eyes search for any form of light. But finding none. “Well fuck.” I mumbled as my foot tripped over a rock. “It’s a damn good thing I have a good memory.”

Just as my memory told me, I came to the opening where the cage was. Inside the cage was a curled up man, still chained to the wall like I had last seen him. Slowly I made my way over to the cage, kneeling down in front of it. Hesitantly I whispered “Are you awake?”

The man inside the cage chuckled. “I never sleep.” There was a short pause before he spoke again. “You had a dream about me didn’t you?” His voice was smug and taunting.

“You caused it.” It wasn’t a question. I knew what he was. I had done some research in the library after Leiah and Mary went to class the next day. This demon was one of the most powerful demons alive. The reason for this was he was Gerard Way, the son of the devil himself.

“Smart girl. Seems you did your research.” His voice was soft yet strong.

I shifted from sitting on my knees to my butt with my legs to my side. “How come my friends couldn’t see you?” For some reason, I wasn’t scared.

Gerard shifted forward, arms still tied to the chains above his head. “Have you come down here just to ask me that? Honestly I thought more of you.”

I looked at him with a glare. “Oh so you DO think about me. I’m touched.”

“You’ve got spunk for an angel. Let me guess, you’re the freak of the group.”

I almost argued back when I realized he was right. Leiah was rebellious in her own way but she was still normal. She followed most of the rules, she certainly looked the part, and she was loved by everyone. Mary was quiet, followed all the rules and all the teachers thought very highly of her. Me, I followed almost none of the rules, I looked like a freak, dressed like a freak, acted like a freak and loved way to many human things to be acceptable. I didn’t belong and I knew it but that didn’t mean I wanted to hear it. He spoke again, this time in a softer caring voice. “Ya know, not everything is what it seems.”

I turned my head. “If your trying to get me on your side, its not happening.”

“Then why did you come down here? You want something.”

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it. “I don’t……I….I don’t know.”



My eyes shot open and my chest pulled tightly at its self. Wait, why was I in my room? No, I was talking to Gerard. I had the dream, I left and went to see him. I know I did. I got out of bed to find my shoes in my closet, my clothes put away neatly and my hoodie buried under several blankets along with my ipod. A thought crossed my mind and I checked what song was playing only to find it was something by 30 Second to Mars and not Billy Talent like I had selected. I sat against the door with my head in my hands. “What the hell is wrong with me?”


I soft voice brought me out of my thoughts. “Hey, Val, you ok?”

I looked up to see my room mate squinting her eyes at me, half sitting up in confusion as to why I was on the floor with my head in my hands. “Fine. Just a weird dream. Go back to sleep” My voice was soft and shaky. She knew I was lying however she shrugged and curled back up into bed, once again succumbing to her own dreams.

My mind wandered back to the dream. I had no idea how to tell if I was dreaming right now. The last one had felt so real. I was loosing my mind. My fingers grasped my skull as I pulled at my hair, head jerking up in a sharp pain. I pulled my hands back and saw blood on my fingertips telling me that it was real. I was in reality. I decided to crawl back into bed and pray I woke up in the morning and not in some weird dark ally.

“Valon….Valon. Valon GET UP!”

My eyes shot wide open and I fell out of my bed from Leiah screaming at me. I groaned and sat up slowly, rubbing my now throbbing head. “owwwww.”

Leiah grabbed my arm, pulling me up off the floor. “Get up or you’ll be late for class.”

I nodded, complying with her demand, throwing random clothes on before following her out the door. My mind wandered as she talked about something I didn’t really care for however she caught my attention when she mentioned the cellar.

“So, get this, last night, someone was seen breaking into the cellar we went down the other day. They haven’t found out who it was yet but apparently they were….of the other world.”

I shook my head. “What do you mean ‘of the other world?’ ”

“They weren’t one of us, Angels. Who ever saw them said they had black wings and blood red eyes. You think it’s a demon?”

My heart was pounding. Was that me they saw? It would make sense that if I was possessed that I wouldn’t remember anything but I remembered going in….just not coming out. “Did they see them going in or coming out?”

Leiah shook her head. “No sure. I think they said going in but it could have been both. The whole campus is talking about it so who knows what will get twisted into what. Ya know how gossip goes.”

I nodded, opening my locker to find a black rose nailed to the back. I gasped as did Leiah as my fingers wound themselves around the stem, pulling it free from its prison. “What…..” it was all black with a dull drown stem covered in thorns. The pedals were shiny and well kept, looking almost like silk in the light.

“Who left this?” Leiah asks, with a playful hint in her eyes.

“I don’t know.” I answered almost honestly. I had an idea as to who it was but I still had no proof he even existed. Was it my own mind playing games on me or did Gerard Way leave this rose.


We sat at lunch, talking about random things when Leiah took a bite of her food before asking. “So, Val, who’s the secret lover?”

I blushed, “I don’t know.”

“Then why are you blushing? Hu?” Leiah grinned.

I pulled my hair down in my face to hide my blush. I honest had no idea why I was blushing. Its not like I liked Gerard. Oh the shit storm that would bring. An Angel falling in live with the devil’s son. If that wasn’t a supernatural Romeo and Juliet I didn’t know what was. I didn’t answer her question but simply kept my head down and continued eating. I knew she wouldn’t’ back down easily but with enough resistance, she would stop eventually. I was surprised when Mary didn’t show up for lunch today so I decided to use this as a conversation changer. “Where’s Mary do you know?”

Leiah took the diversion well. “I don’t know. I haven’t seen her all day. She wasn’t in class this morning. Hope she is ok.”

A thought crossed my mind and before I could control my mouth, it blurted out like drunken vomit. “Didn’t Mary say we were the only ones who knew where the cellar was?”

Leiah tilted her head to the side and thought for a moment. “Yeah but…..whats your point?”

I contemplated just moving on but the question was nagging in my head so I had to get it out or it would be blurted out at the wrong time and to the wrong person. “Who was the person who saw the demon, or whatever it was around the cellar. If we are the only ones who know about it, it wasn’t me and it wasn’t you so it had to be Mary that reported it.” My eyes stayed glued on Leiah’s reaction, waiting for her to snap and tell me I’m wrong. My heart was pounding as I tapped my fingers on the tan table outside. What worried me even more is that she hadn’t snapped at me yet.

“I honestly don’t know Val. Mary’s not…..”

I interrupted her “Mary’s not the type to break the rules. We did so and if she things we let something out, she won’t hesitate to rat us out.”

I still wasn’t sure entirely what was down there to even be let out but I couldn’t tell Leiah that yet. Before she could respond, there was a large speaker that released a loud siren noise before a voice was heard. “ALL STUDENTS REPORT TO THE MAIN HALL IMEDEATLY. ALL STUDENTS REPORT TO THE MAIN HALL IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.” It kept going on like that, repeating those words as Leiah and I raced to the main hall for fear of what was going on. We weren’t the only ones who looked scared either. Almost the entire student body had fear in their eyes and confusion on their faces. In front of the hall, all 7 Archangels sat with their hands folded on the table as they waited for all of the students to sit down and stop talking.

Gabrial stood up, placing her hands in front of her as she addressed the students. “All students of Higher Academy please pay attention. It has been noted that something was seen last night that has put the guardians on alert. Until further notice, all classes will be cancels and students are to remain inside their dorms. Rafael will tale the Windser dorms, Uriel will take the Golden Gates dorms, Michael will take the Hallo dorms, Zadkiel will take the Regren dorms, Chamuel will take the Glamos dorms. Jophiel and I will stay here and ensure the lockdown of this facility. Failure to comply with these rules will result in expulsion.”

All students separated into their appropriate groups and made our way back to the respective dorms. Leiah and I followed Uriel, sticking to the back but not saying a word. One we were in the dorms, Leiah went into her room but not before giving me a small hug, whispering in my ear “Please don’t sneak out this time.”

My eyes grew wide as she pulled back, giving me one last smirk before disappearing into her room, leaving me to walk slowly into mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story