Categories > Celebrities > Beatles

Special Delivery

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

When Olivia goes into labour, George can't keep calm and needs Ringo to help him.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Ringo Starr - Published: 2012-03-17 - Updated: 2012-03-19 - 867 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Ring, ring!

Ringo rubbed his eyes, looked at his alarm clock, and groaned. 4:28a.m. Who would be calling this early in the morning? He got out of bed and picked up the phone. "Hello?" he said sleepily.

"Ringo?" George said on the other line. "Oh thank God… Sorry for waking you up so early, but I really need help…"

"It's ok, just tell me what happened! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine, it's Olivia- she's in labour and they won't let me be with her! I can't stand staying out here! You gotta help me! I don't know what to do!"

"Just calm down, George, she and the baby are gonna be fine! Why don't you just read a magazine or something?"

"I already tried that, but I can't keep my mind off…"

"Write a song?"

"What kind of song would I write in a bloody hospital?!"

"I don't know, 'the Hospital Song'? Don't ask me, you're the one who came up with 'Blue Jay Way'…"

"Please, Rings, can you just come down here?"

"Alright, alright, I'm on my way!"

"Thanks Ringo, please hurry!"

"Ok, ok, I'll be there soon! Bye!"

"Bye!"

Ringo hung up the phone and quickly got dressed. Then, he headed out the door to the hospital. When he got to the waiting room, he noticed that George was oddly the only person there. Poor guy, he thought sadly, waiting here all alone, and so early in the morning…

As he got closer to George, he realized what a mess he was. His curly hair had more knots and tangles than normal, his clothes were rushed, wrinkled, and barely matched, and the bags under his eyes made it look like he hadn't slept in days.

"George?" he said, making sure the younger man hadn't fallen asleep with his eyes open.

"Hmm? What?" George said, startled. When he saw Ringo, he sighed with relief. "I thought you'd never come…"

"Sorry about that," Ringo apologized, taking a seat next to him. "It took me a bit longer than I thought it would." They sat for a while before George spoke again.

"Thanks for comin' over here… I just don't know what to do… Everything's just so sudden, y'know?"

"Yeah, that's how I felt when Zak was born…"

"Really?" Ringo nodded.

"I guess I didn't think I'd be a good father."

"I know I won't be… I just don't see how you can do it, Ringo…"

"You'll be fine, George, I know you will!" He took George's hand and squeezed it to reassure him. George smiled softly.

"Thanks…" He sighed. "I just don't know what to do…"

"Just relax, and she'll be out in no time, ok?"

"Ok, I'll try…"

The two men waited for any news to come to them. Ringo knew it would take a while from his own experiences, but he figured George hadn't since this was his first baby. Eventuality, an hour or two had passed by, and before he knew it, someone was tapping his shoulder.

"Excuse me? Sir?"a woman's voice was saying. Ringo opened his eyes to see a nurse standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I think I fell asleep…" he yawned.

"That's alright," the nurse said, "I'm sorry to have woken you, but your friend's baby is here…"

Ringo's eyes widened. "Oh! You're fine, I just- George? George, wake up! Wake up!" He shook him awake. He hadn't noticed George's head on his shoulder or their hands held together; he was only focused on waking him up.

"What is it…" George mumbled sleepily.

"George! Wake it! There's a nurse here for you!"

George shot up. "Really?" He looked at the nurse anxiously. "How is she? Is the baby alright? Are they still in there? Can I go in?" The nurse simply answered all of his questions with a nod.

"Just follow me," she instructed, and they went on their way through the white hallways until they got to a small room. "Here you are!" she smiled sweetly.

George rushed in to a tired Olivia sitting up against the wall in bed. He embraced her with a gentle hug and kiss. "Hi sweety," she greeted weakly. George looked down at the small, pink bundle in her arms, wrapped tightly in a light blue blanket.

"It's… he's… a boy?" George stumbled. Olivia nodded and helped George set up his arms so he could hold him. Ringo smiled at the new parents.

"I guess I should be on my way," he said, starting to turn to leave.

"Wait, Ringo! Don't you want to hold your new godson?"

Ringo turned back to them. "Godson?"

They smiled. "We were hoping you could be his godfather…," Olivia explained. "If you'd like to, that is…"

"S-sure!" Ringo smiled and walked back in the room."What name did you think of for him?"

George smiled proudly at his little boy. "Dhani," he said. "A combination of the Indian notes 'dha' and 'ni'… Dhani." He slowly handed off Dhani to Ringo.

"Hi there, Dhani!" Ringo said softly to the newborn. Dhani made a small sound and shifted slightly. "Aww…" Right then and there, none of the adults in the room could ask for more.
Sign up to rate and review this story