Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Frank walked down the street, biting his nails as he went. How much trouble would he be in when he got home? Would they ask where he’d been or simply punish him and send him to bed?

He tried to think of a reasonable excuse for why he was so late. Every excuse sounded stupid in his mind. Mikey’s voice whispered in the back of his head “In a parallel universe, you didn’t lose track of time. You’re tucked up in bed right now. You’re fast asleep.”

Why he always had to mention what would be happening in a parallel universe was unclear to Frank. He just knew that he wished he could be at Mikey’s house instead of trudging towards his own. His footsteps slowed down. Since he was already late, he might as well make himself even later.

‘Tell them you were at the library… It’s not open this late! You’re so fuckin’ stupid!’ He rolled his eyes and clenched his fists. It wasn’t fair. Why could he just be himself without fear of being ridiculed?

Finally Frank reached his house. His heart raced inside his chest, sweat dripped down his cheeks and his breathing was heavy. Lights were on downstairs. They’d waited up for him – just as he’d feared.

It took a lot of effort to force his feet into walking up his drive, through the front door and towards the stairs. As he placed his foot on the first step, a chilling voice called from the kitchen “Frank! Get your ass in here!”

Reluctantly, Frank shuffled into the kitchen. His Mother was sat at the table, looking at Frank with disappointment in her eyes. Franks Father stood in the middle of the room, his arms folded and his eyes glaring. Frank looked from one to the other, not knowing what to expect.

Frank’s Mother spoke first “You’re very late home Frank.”

“I know, I’m sor-“

“Where the fuck have you been?” His Dad screamed, making Frank jump.

Frank’s mind went blank except for one clear message ’Do not tell him the truth!’ “Uhh…” Frank stammered “I-I was studying w-with a friend and…”

“Oh cut the bullshit. Tell us where you’ve really been.”

Frank took a deep breath “I-I can’t…”

“… Excuse me? How dare you! How dare you show up hours late, worrying us both to death and then refuse to give us an explanation!” Frank’s Dad roared “Now tell us!”

“Can’t we just discuss this in the morning?” Frank begged “When we’ve all had a chance to calm down?”

“Frank Anthony Iero you will tell us this instant where the fuck you’ve been!”

Frank looked down at the floor willing himself not to cry. Perhaps they wouldn’t mind? He knew how stupid it was to believe that but he had no choice but to tell them “I… I was with m-my boyfriend.”

There was a shocked silence. How could Frank possibly have believed that his parents wouldn’t mind that he was gay?

Frank’s Dad glared at his son before storming out of the room and upstairs. “What’s his name?” Frank’s Mom asked “Your boyfriends?”

“Mikey Way.” Frank told her “He’s in the same year as me at school. That’s how we met.”

“Have you told anybody about this relationship?”

“No, no-one except you and Dad.” This was true. The two boys only really met up in private and barely spoke to each other out in public – fearful that someone might find out about their relationship.

“Where did you go?”

“We have a secret place.”

This was how their relationship had started, down in this secret place. Just behind a bunch of private houses was a small path leading through some kind of forest. When you reached a sign saying ‘Pick up the poop’, you turned to the right and walked in that direction even though there was no path to follow. If you kept walking you came to a clearing where there was a small river and plenty of flowers.

Frank had followed Mikey there after that agonising first day at Belleville High. He’d joined halfway through the year so it was hard to make friends with anyone.

Once Frank found out where Mikey was going he turned to leave. But Mikey called out “Why did you follow me here?”

Frank turned around. Mikey was sitting cross-legged on the ground with his back to Frank. “Well, you looked interesting.” Frank admitted “You were just alone like I was and I thought… Wouldn’t you like to be friends?”

Mikey smiled “I’d love to be your friend. Come and sit with me.”

“Frankie…” Frank’s Mom snapped him out of his daydream “How long have you been with him now?”

“Since we got here so around three months.”

“Have you kissed him yet?”

Frank paused before nodding. He could remember it well. They had walked to their secret place, Frank walking about ten paces behind Mikey. When they showed up, Frank saw that Mikey was crying.

He hugged his boyfriend close “What’s wrong Mikey?” He asked, rocking him back and forth.

Mikey shook and sobbed into his arms and started telling him about a huge argument his parents had had last night, how his brother had snapped at him for no apparent reason and about two boys at school who had followed Mikey around making stupid comments.

Frank rubbed his back comfortingly “Don’t worry Mikes. Your parents will probably sort things out tonight. And you’re really close to your brother, he was probably just in a bad mood and he probably feels extremely bad. Also those boys are just idiots. You shouldn’t care what they say. They don’t know what they’re talking about.”

“Thank you Frankie. But you said probably a lot. What if things don’t work out?”

“Well…” Frank looked down at Mikey and smiled “You’ll still have me.” Then he leaned forward and gave Mikey a gentle kiss on the lips, cheering Mikey up immensely.

Frank’s Mom was watching Frank as he remembered all this stuff “Frankie-“

“Mom, I have something to tell you.” Frank walked over and sat down opposite his Mother “I know Dad doesn’t like the fact that I’m gay. But I just want to be me. I’ve had to hide it from everybody else but I don’t want to hide it from you as well.”

“I know Frankie. And I don’t mind at all.” Frank’s Mom smiled at him “I can tell how much you love him. If your Dad doesn’t like it then that’s his problem. I’ll try and talk some sense into him. If it doesn’t work then the two of us can move out, okay?”

Frank smiled at his Mom. “I can’t wait for you to meet him Mom.”

“And I can’t wait to meet him either.”

[A/N] - Wrote this one lunchtime at school. Didn't really know how to end it...
Sign up to rate and review this story