Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Material Girl

by unicorn

Darkness was just a material girl living in a real world. Literally. "So this is how it feels like to have a friend!"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-03-20 - Updated: 2012-03-21 - 976 words

?Blocked
Dakness was never normal. She was a rag doll, like Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas, with stitches on her lips like Jack Skelington, but what made her different was that she was REAL with a beating heart and not a cartoon or clay figurine.

Darkness was also an orphan. Her scientist father made her as a kid for him and his wife. A few days when she became alive, her mother and father had died in a car crash. Her whole house looked like Edward Scissorhand's mansion, and she lived there all by herself.

People would make fun of her for not having real skin or real blood, because instead of skin there was material, instead of tears there was ink, and in place for blood, she had stuffed animal stuffing. But she still had veins that carried stuffing throughout her, and senses and emotions, a voicebox and a brain, but what was important was that she actually had a heart. 

Here's the beginning scene, where Darkness meets another outcast. But later,  he turns out to be something valued: a true friend.

So let us watch the scene unfold...

~Darkness' Point of View~

"Hey emo doll!" another jock called out to me.

I sigh and walk a little faster, knowing full well what would happen if I ever replied. Sometimes they forget even I have senses and emotions. So I go on looking for my missing arm that loosened, my other hand holding where the stitches should be to keep the stuffing from flowing out.

"Hey Sally, missing an arm?" the most popular jock, Blake, snickered holding my missing arm up.

I ran in front of him and jumped to get it, but he kept on lifting it out of my reach.

"Give it back!"

"Why should I?"

"Just give it back, dumbfuck." an unfamiliar voice calls out.

I stop jumping to get it and look over to where the voice came from.

Thee stood a thin, vampire looking boy with a black Misfits shirt and matching black skinny jeans, with noticable hazel eyes. I've never seen this kid before. I wonder if he's new...

"And what are you going to do about it, kid?" Blake sneers.

~Gerard's POV~ 

"Hey Sally, missing an arm?" 

I was walking happily along the corridors until I heard someone's voie snicker closeby.

I look around the corner to see him holding up a rag doll arm while a doll missing an arm was jumping up to get it. The doll was dressed in a Fall Out Boy tee and red skinny jeans, which explained why she was getting picked kn.

"Give it back!" the doll whined.

Whoa. Okay. I'm new here, but I don't think it's normal to have a doll walking around. Maybe the school mascot?

"Why should I?" the jock asked.

"Give it back, dumbfuck." I say, trying to help.

"And what are you going to do about it, kid?"

I run over and kick him in the balls. He leans over in pain and I kick his head and he falls over.

"Are you gonna give it back now?" I ask sweetly.

His hand shakes as he hpgives the arm to me.

"Thanks." 

I walk over and give it to the mascot girl.

"Thanks, nobody really ever sticks up for me..."

"No prob."

"I mean really, how can I thank you? I'm just so happy!" she squeaks.

She takes out a sewing kit from her pocket and stitches the costume's arm back on.

"So are you the school mascot?" I ask.

Her face falls as soon as I ask that. Black ink falls from her onyx eyes.

"Why does everybody think that? I know it's unusual for people like me to live, but is it that hard to believe?"

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I didn't know! That's your real arm?"

She nods and wipes her eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. You didn't know.."

"It's alright. Even now?" I smirk.

She smiles a genuine smile and gives a small chuckle. "Yeah."

"So your name is Sally?" I ask.

She chuckles. "No, it's actually Darkness, they just call me Sally because I'm like Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm sorry, but I didn't catch your name either."

"Gerard, Gerard Way." 

"Nice to meet you Gerard Way."

"Nice to meet you too, Darkness?"

"Skye."

"Ok. Nice to meet you too, Darkness Skye."

We both shake hands.

"You wanna be friends?" I ask her.

"Really?" she squealed. I nod.

"Yes! Oh my gosh, I've never had a friend before! So this is how it feels like to have a friend!"

"You've never had a friend before?" I gasp. I kind of feel bad for her. Even if I don't have too many friends here, my bro Mikey still counts.

"Nope.  14 years and 362 days of loneliness." she says.

"And how old are you?"

"15."

"Wait, 362 days?"

"Yeah. My 'father' who was a scientist and 'mother' died 3 days after I was made."

"How did you survive?"

"I may be living but I dont have as many body systems as regular humans do. You humans have the digestive, reproductive, urinary, and a few other body systems I don't have, so I don't need food or water."

"Oh. Ok then. You wanna hang out with me, my brother, and some friends I met today?"

"Ok, I guess."




[A/N: Hey guys! Darkness here. Yeah, I'm sorry, I have a really bad habit of making more than one chaptered story at a time... TT^TT So I'm going to put the part where Darkness meets the guys of MCR and P!ATD, and maybe even Pete Wentz in the next chapter... And tell me: how do you like the intro? A little too dramatic? And how is the story? R&R, please don't leave me hanging! xD so yeah....]
Sign up to rate and review this story