Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > You Are The Reason I Can't Control Myself.

The Party Don't Start 'Till I Walk In.

by Echelonkid30 0 reviews

Jared and Shannon go out to see Antoine play, then meet up with a few friends.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2012-03-22 - Updated: 2012-10-16 - 1193 words

2Ambiance
Jared and Shannon strolled to their favourite nightclub on Sunset Strip; they didn't usually go out partying, but Shannon thought it would be appropriate, seeing as it was a special occasion. Jared had been sober for three months and Shannon wanted to celebrate that. They were going out to have a good time, meet some friends and support their friend Antoine Becks with his DJ set. A few minutes after they entered the club, Jared leant against the bar and started to reply to e-mails on his shitty BlackBerry, which was scratched and falling to pieces. He felt a little unsociable, but that was the way he wanted to be. He didn’t really feel like talking to any of the club goers, as he was a little more down-to-earth, and he really wasn’t into the party scene. To be perfectly honest, he was happier at home, sat on the couch with his guitar and a mug of ginger tea.

"Do you want a Coke?" Shannon asked, shouting over the loud music.

"Sure, thanks." Jared smiled.

Shannon bought himself a Red Bull and vodka, and then passed Jared the glass bottle filled with rich brown liquid, the tiny bubbles floating to the top. He loved the fact that Shannon had asked for the drink to be decorated with a hot pink umbrella and bendy straw, he was silly like that. When he was about to say something, Shannon turned away from him and started talking to some guys that approached him, they seemed friendly as they smiled and waved at him. They seemed like nice enough guys, Jared didn't know them, but Shannon's friends were usually good people that he could trust, apart from the odd nuisance that thought he was hot shit.

"Shannon, do you and Jared want to come to my house after Antoine's set? There's really no point in staying." One of the men asked with a smile, after chatting with the other members of his so-called posse.

"I'll have to ask Jared. If he doesn't want to come, I'll take him home and make sure he goes to bed instead of sitting up and writing songs all night."

Shannon leaned over to Jared, who was either concentrating or day dreaming about unrealistic situations, and nudged his shoulder. The younger brother’s eyes were blank and slightly lifeless as he stared at one of the walls, but he always did that for some reason. Maybe he was trying to scare someone, playing dead or something, but he probably way too lost in his thoughts. Shannon wondered what his brother could have been thinking about, be it the new 30 Seconds To Mars album that he had to put on hold because of his stint in rehab, or how the people at The Hive were doing. He had so much pride in his work and put a lot of effort into it, so it consumed his days and he was always thinking about it.

"Jared, I'm going to Sam's house after Antoine's set. Do you want to come?"

"Sure. I guess I have nothing to lose." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

Sam was about thirty; he was tall, had dirty blonde hair that swept over his eyes and high cheekbones. Jared didn't know what his job was but he could have been a model or an actor as he was easy on the eyes, his look appealed to both the male and female audience. He looked like a guy that liked surfing and water sports, a true Californian. Who could blame him? Jared loved going to the coast, spending time sitting on the sand and soaking up the sun rays at Malibu Beach. All of Sam’s friends looked pretty much the same, except some of them had black or dark brown hair, and some of them looked like they were from Hawaii.

"Everyone say hello to my bros Jared and Shannon Leto!" Antoine shouted from behind his microphone, all sweaty, pumping his fist in the air, his eyes hidden by designer sunglasses and signature, tall hairstyle starting to deflate a little.

Everyone turned around to gawk at them as they didn't really know who Jared and Shannon Leto were. This felt different to them as they weren't bombarded with things to sign and loads of fangirls asking to take a picture with them, but it was a nice different. It was definitely more relaxed environment, despite the pounding music and flashing lights. By the time Antoine had finished his set, met his fans and packed away his mixing decks and equipment, it was 1 o'clock in the morning and everyone was ready to leave for Sam's house.

"Come on Jared, I'm not leaving you here by yourself." Shannon said slowly, putting his arm around his little brother and started guiding him towards his circle of friends.

"Okay..." Jared sighed, pulling on his black leather jacket, then zipping it up and crossing his arms, hugging himself slightly. He felt more protected this way, his brother’s arm around him, this made him feel safe, more than anything in the world.

"I know you don't know these guys, but-"

Shannon looked very apologetic, and he seemed very sorry about dragging Jared along, making him go to clubs and parties, when he knew that he'd be happier at home, reading a book or writing songs. His hazel brown eyes met Jared's icy blue ones, and he smiled nervously, waiting for Jared's reply, hoping that he wouldn't be angry about ditching their plans. He didn’t seem too upset, but he was an actor, he could be feeling anything right now and Shannon wouldn’t know.

"It's fine. I know Antoine." Jared replied quietly, not really making eye contact. He was a little bit pissed off, but there was nothing he could do, he would just tag along.

"This was meant be our night, but I couldn't turn these guys down." Shannon apologised.

"Shannon, I don't care."

In reality, he did care. He didn't really feel like partying with these people, and he didn't like Shannon when he was drunk as he became very annoying, with no boundaries. He would do anything, and he would do any dare that was given to him. He wouldn’t care that he was smitten with Tomo, he would forget that he had celebrity status and go completely off the rails, and that was bound to be on an internet gossip blog by the morning.

"Shall we get going then?" Antoine asked, after loading up the last of his equipment.

"Yeah. I want to get something to eat too." Sam grumbled.

Shannon was dragged out of the club by his friends, whilst Jared was left to trail behind them. He stayed a few metres behind, while everyone joked around, laughing and pushing each other off the sidewalk and into the empty road. This made Jared feel a little rejected, like Shannon had abandoned him for his other friends. Did he not matter? Had his brother forgotten him completely? This night had turned out to be a total disaster.

"Come on Jared!" Shannon shouted.

"Carry on. I'm fine by myself."
Sign up to rate and review this story