Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're Never Gonna Fit In Much, Kid.

What's The Worst That I Could Say?

by PrettyOddOwl 1 review

"They didn’t know shit about him or his life, hell, they didn’t even know his name, and they were already treating him like garbage. Why?"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-31 - Updated: 2012-04-01 - 629 words

0Unrated
Hey you guys, here’s chapter 5!
Thanks so much to electricviolence and IloveMCRmy for reviewing the last chapters! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. XD

Just a bit of a heads-up: In the future, I may not be able to update this as often as I would like, due to life being a major bitch at the moment, but I’m gonna try my hardest.
So, read, rate, and most importantly, review! (Well, technically, I think the “read” part would actually be the most important, coz’ otherwise, what would you even be rating and reviewing? But whatever, you guys get what I mean. XD)

P.S.- Sorry about the crappy summary for this one, there wasn’t really a good quote to put up there this time.

Rage and Love,
PrettyOddOwl

Ch. 5
"What’s The Worst That I Could Say?"

After two more uneventful periods (Physical Science and Spanish), the bell rang for lunch. Everyone rushed to the cafeteria as always, but I hung back in the line. What did they rush for, anyway? Afraid that the cafeteria kitchen would run out of mystery mush or something? Not likely.
After I finally got my food, I made my way toward the place where all my "friends" sat, under an overhang outside the gym.

Was it just me, or did it suddenly get quiet when I sat down to join them?

As I looked around the circle, Rachel gave a light giggle, attempting to shrug off the awkward silence. Because she was Rachel, it worked, and everybody resumed eating and bantering like they had rehearsed it. As I picked at some piece of delicious grey mush with my fork, I saw a dark blur stalk by, and felt Rachel's eyes travel to it as mine did.

It was Gerard, of course. Who else could it have been, with that disheveled raven hair and smooth skin as pale as any vampire's? His eyes met mine, and blinked as he took in the whole scene.
God. How out of place I must’ve looked, sitting there in my Pumpkins hoodie and combats, surrounded by these giggling girls with their barely-there shorts and orange-tinted cheeks. Gerard looked away and kept walking, and Rachel gave another laugh, but this time it sounded scoffing.

"Ohmigod, did you guys see that?! I thought they didn't allow emo fags in Catholic schools!" She exclaimed with derisive laughter, the rest of the group joining in with a chorus of "Ohmigod!” 's and "I know right!” 's. I sat there in silence, not trusting myself to speak for fear I'd either say the wrong thing or blow up completely.
As far as I knew, none of them had even talked to Gerard yet, though they probably would soon. And probably not in an omg-hey-wanna-be-besties?! way. They didn’t know shit about him or his life, hell, they didn’t even know his name, and they were already treating him like garbage.

Why? Because he seemed different? Because he, unlike most guys who walked the halls of this hellhole, didn’t seem to feel the need to pop his collar and flip his hair and “swagger” around like a drunken bulldog on steroids?

It was times like these when I wanted to stand up and yell, to unleash and give voice to everything I really felt.

Yell that they were nothing but fake, bubbleheaded bitches made of plastic and chemicals. That I didn't like them, or their douchebag boyfriends, or their shitty parties, or that computer-generated crap they called music.

And yell that, even though I'd just met him, I was pretty sure that Gerard Way was at least twice the person any one of them would ever be.

Which was a really, really bad idea.
Sign up to rate and review this story