Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > As Days Fade, And Nights Grow

Back to School

by jack-the-ripper 2 reviews

"with a campus full of supermen, we can still count on you to get into trouble"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-12 - Updated: 2012-04-12 - 1024 words

4Exciting
It's a short chapter. These two first ones were originally one long ass chapter so I decided to cut it in half. So, here's the shorter half.




So turns out principals weren't always old, funny smelling men in their tweed jackets, sitting behind a huge desk wearing a severe expression..

"I'm Yvonne Delanger, nice to meet you" The young woman said, still smiling.

"My name is Emmie Malkin, thank you for agreeing to meet me today"
Oh yes, I was on my best behavior.

"Please, come in" she gestured me to enter the room "and sit" she added.

She told me they didn't usually accept students based on a face-to-face interview like this, there were always a few accepted students every year that never showed up.
Some maybe got a lot of acceptance letters after high school and forgot to refuse the rest after picking the one the liked.
Some perhaps just got cold feet, or changed their minds during the summer and never made the effort to call and inform the school about it.

This usually gave the people that were refused before the chance to send out another application. Nick's dad had got me the chance to skip the line, and be interviewed before they would go through the applications.

An hour later I was out the door, a huge smile plastered on my face and a pile of papers tucked in my bag. I, ladies and gentlemen, was a student.
I knew I should've called Nicholas and told him the good knews, maybe celebrate this with his father and thank him for all the help, have a glass of champagne and have everyone real proud of me, but I didn't. This was great, and I wasn't going to let Nick's stupid face ruin it for me.

Nicholas and I were an odd pair. We merely started dating sort of.. accidentally. I was drunk, he was drunk, I needed a place to crash... You name it. After that things got a bit weird. He called me, asked me out for a date and as I happened to be hungry I agreed. Not the first time my stomach got me in trouble.

After a few accidental dates I had the inevitable conversation with him, I told him I did not want a relationship with him and I was very content and happy as motherfucking free and single as I was.
He seemed to understand, but after a while he started calling me again. I guess he sort of always caught me at a bad time, when I was in need of a friend or just someone to hang out with. After a few weeks, in a way, I grew to like him.

And that's how it had been ever since, he wanted to 'take our relationship to a new level' each week, first it was meeting friends, then meeting parents and lately he's been talking awfully lot about moving in together. I drag, make up excuses...
Okay let's face it, I just lie to him.

The funny thing is, when I had finally grown some imaginary balls, drank enough alcohol and, despite that, succesfully dialed his phone number in my quest to break up with him, he threw this college thing at me.
He said his father had arreanged this interview for me and what did I do, I dropped my imaginary balls, called him 'honey', wished him sweet dreams trying to sound as sober as I possibly could, and hang up.

Yeah, that's me being super cool.

Now, though, I had nothing to lose so I grabbed my phone, made some plans with Grace, and decided to head out to find a liquor store.
I sent Mikey a text message letting him know the good news while I walked through the corridor towards the main exit.
I should've known trying to concentrate on two things at the same time was something way out of my range of abilities, and I got a hard reminder of that when I felt my shoe get caught on something. The next thing I knew I was on the concrete floor, still clutching my bag with both hands. Like any perfect student I had protected my school papers with my life.
Or with my face, actually, since that was pretty much what I had landed on.

I saw a pair of some shiny sport shoes walk past my face and I suddenly realized that my fall wasn't entirely accidental. I groaned loudly, no more than an hour to my new school and I already had someone dislike me. Awesome. I got up to me knees and glared at the back of the stupid shiny shoe owner as I lifted my hand to my face to make sure I wasn't bleeding.

"Motherfuck-" I started yelling after him but was cut off when I felt someone grab me under my arms and lift me up like a toddler. The quick movement made my head spin just a little so I took a cautious step to remain my balance. I could feel the arms holding me tighter.
I was about to tell him to get his hands off me, but decided to make sure the dizziness was gone first. How very humiliating.

"Nick was right, with a campus full of supermen, we can still count on you to get into trouble" a heard him chuckle behind me.
I was suddenly very aware of how close he was, I could feel his warm breath on my skin as he spoke.

"You can let go now" I informed him. "I won't fall"

"Yeah but will you attack someone?" His breath tickled my neck

"No" I scowled "Really, you can let go now" I said, this time it was more of a demand than a request as I jerked my elbows trying to get his hands off. His hands disappeared.

I spun around to face Gerard, I'd known it was him. The voice, it was very recognizable. I muttered a snorty thanks, and made a point to get out of the campus area, fast, before anything else would try to kill my buzz.
Sign up to rate and review this story