Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Clash: so the games begin

Gotta Photograph Dream

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Rage's story (Poison's POV)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-12 - Updated: 2012-04-12 - 1271 words

0Unrated
I wasn’t sure if I was ready to hear her story. From what she’s let slip, her first encounter with BL/ind had been far, far worse than mine.

My parents had been dead and buried by the time BL/ind came into power. All BL/ind had really done to make me mad was build over the graveyard my family was in and try to brainwash Mikey.

He and the guys were all I’d had left after my parents died. They were all I had for a long time. But Rage…….she’d lost everything in one day. And she’d seen it.

Just now, looking at her, I felt so….young. So naïve. Here she was, a sixteen year old girl who’d been alone for four years.

A girl who’d saved people she barely knew, because they were her new family. Who helped total strangers when they were hurt. My arm was proof enough of that.

“It was four years ago. Actually, it was almost five. We lived just outside of Zone three.” She started at the beginning for me. I gave her a small smile, letting her know how much that would help.

“Our farm barely had enough for what we needed to live. And that was it. We had a well, pigs, a couple cows and sheep. When there was more to than just desert, my Pa would take me hunting with my brothers. He was so proud that his little girl could hit a jack rabbit nearly a hundred yards away. Hell, I could hit a squirrel from two hundred.

But then everything died. It was all we could do to keep the farm up and running. Even then, our parents would act like nothing was wrong.

Before the cable went, we’d watch the BL/ind raids. The ones they called ‘savings’. My Mama knew they were bad. She told me that if I ever saw those men on our farm to run.

Pa had told her that there was no way they’d come that far from Battery City just to get us. That we were just simple farmers, after all.

And on my twelfth birthday, I got this.” She touched her locket. “It was like they knew what was coming. They just kept telling us how much they loved us.

Who woulda guessed that not nine days after my birthday that BL/ind would be bustin down our doors? The second the back door smashed open, I was in the dumbwaiter, hiding.

The dracs pulled everyone into the kitchen and made them get onto the floor. Then he came in and offered everyone a brainwashed life or death. Nobody gave in, so he picked up my sister and shot her in the head. Then everyone else started dying and he saw me.

He saw me and didn’t kill me.” Her hands clenched into fists against her dirty jeans. “Then when he left, I kicked the drac who came close enough to get my brother in the face and broke his neck.

I shot them all. When he came back, he had our swear jar. His words are pretty much burned into my brain. ‘Oh, look who’s still alive.’

I told him that if he moved, he’d die. The guy I had pointed at his head seemed to convince him of such.” She shook her head slowly, gritting her teeth. “Then he said ‘I like you. You’re going to be fun to chase.’ and ‘I’ll leave you to clean up your home.’”

She paused for a long time. Long enough for me to wonder if that was the end. As I opened my mouth to ask, she spoke again. “So I kept the gun with me and pulled all the bodies outside. The dracs in one piled and my family in another.

A few of the dracs were still alive, but not very. I set my family on fire first, then I lit the other one.

Their screams were nothing compared to my families when they’d killed them. Oh, I know if they could have, they would have shot themselves.

I’d taken their guns for good measure. Then, once both piles were just ash, I went back inside and up to my room.

And there, I changed. I turned myself into Crimson Rage. I killed Abby State.

I cut my hair, changed my clothes and packed. All I needed was a mask.

The reason I knew about killjoys was because I’d helped one. Hid him in the bar and fixed him up.

In return, he’d given me a list of coordinates. He said if I was ever in trouble or needed help that I needed to go to the one with the star by it.” She paused again, only to laugh.

“If I’d had known I’d just saved Dr. D’s life, I would have tried to move him into our basement, but that was where Pa kept his gun rack.” She looked at me. “Right. Wrong story. Then, after I found that list and got everything I’d need, I still hadn’t had a mask.

Then it hit me. Two years before, my Mama had the most beautiful Halloween costume I’d ever seen for a party. A pink kimono with a china doll mask.

I found it in her dresser, the mask. It wasn’t just right, though, so I used my sister’s paints and sealed them in.

The sealant would keep it clean and make it shiny. While I was waiting for it to dry, I chose a car.

There were a few good ones, but I ended up choosing my cousin’s. I siphoned the gas out of the others into a tank I’d found in the basement and put it in the trunk.

It was joined by the few boxes I was going to take. Then I found Dr. D’s shack. The whole reason I chose my cousin’s car was because it had tela-nav for when he’d go hunting. And….the rest is history. “ she ended her story with a small shrug.

After a long moment, I finally spoke. “And the house?”

“Still there.” She murmured, her eyes meeting mine. “Unless a bunch of dracs burnt it down. The animals all must be dead by now.” Her eyes sparkled with tears. “Even my sweet little kitty. Unless she went to find food in Battery City…”

“Why didn’t you take her with you?” my voice trembled with unshed tears.

“She would have gotten in the way.” Her voice was hard. She wrapped her arms around herself and rested her chin on her knees.

“Oh.” She was back. Back to Rage, not Abby. “Rage?”

She looked up. “Yeah?” her whisper drifter to me.

“I’m sorry.” At those two words, she toward me, her face burying against my neck, as she cried.

Once I was sure she wasn’t trying to kill me, I out my arms around her. A few tears escaped my eyes and fell onto her soft hair as I kissed the top of her head.

The china doll mask smiled up at me from her neck, the crimson lips pouted slightly. The red Xs over the eyes made me shiver slightly.




Sorry it's been so long you guys! I have some free time in my English class cause I already finsihed my HOWL poem. I guess I'll post that too. Might as well. I have around twenty more minutes.

Hugs and Files,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story