Categories > Original > Horror > Angel Moon

The Summoning, Cassandra

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Cassandra's POV. Cassandra meets Zane at dinner.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-14 - Updated: 2012-04-14 - 904 words - Complete

0Unrated
Play: The Frog Prince ~ Keane

I had watched them drag him inside, from my hiding place. Jack had run as quickly as he could, told Dorian roughly what was happening, with a few added Jack-isms thrown in for good measure. I was a little put out, I'd been giving Kellin a bath. Now myself and the great ginger cat had been bundled into the tower room, away from the "visitors". I often objected to being subject to possible snacking on my Dorian's friends, but as I saw them heading through the grounds, I was quite surprised that the males were rather attractive. This was opposed to the usual guest of an ancient prince with a clan of their moon children. By moon children, I refer obviously to those who are born with vampire blood. As I am. But still, no fangs, no powers, nothing after 21 years of waiting to be the same as my family. It annoyed me.

I stared at them through the windows, and thought I was quietly spying until the male at the front of the party looked up, and a faint smile appeared. Oh dear. The white stripe through his midnight hair and some what gothic appearance assured me that he very much enjoyed being a creature of the night. It was only momentary, but I felt suddenly sheepish and ducked from the window, out of sight, and sat on the floor, giggling to myself. Kellin eyed me suspiciously before hiding under the bed and out of sight.

An hour or so after they had been here, it was customary to introduce the human. Amy ran up the stairs, letting herself in. A look of exctiement about her, little mouth open in surprise as she ran into the room and slammed the door.

"I do not mean to alarm you..." she breathed, "But there is a prince downstairs."

"Which one?" I said, turning to her and returning her wide eyed gaze.

"The one with the white stripe in his hair and oh my God he is so hot..." and after that her words all merged together and I couldn't make sense of her as she hyperventilated, and came to a sudden stop, remembering why she was here. "Oh, and we have to go down to the hall now, dinner's ready. Dad said that you need to stay away from the rooms under the west balcony, by the way. They put that vamp in there, the injured one. Apparently something weird is going down so he doesn't want you going there."

I nodded, and turned for a moment to the large mirror, dragging a brush through my golden hair. We walked down to the main hall, chatting and laughing, walking the stairs in time so that we bobbed in step, as sisters do, although we looked nothing alike and never would. She was little, cute, her pixie black hair and rosy cheeks and bright blue eyes. I was taller, thinner, with longer legs, soft honey coloured hair and green eyes. We were both pretty, in our own ways. Jack stood at the foot of the stairs, waiting for us, smiling timidly as he always did. Amy jumped from the second step, and he caught her, hugging her tight, as she hung from around his shoulders for a moment. They were heatbreakingly perfect together, I still to this day found Jack's condition unfair on both of them. They linked arms, walking together ahead of me slightly. I cast the little rain clouds from my mind, shaking them off as I entered the hall, where our guests sat waiting for us, ready for dinner to commence.

The pale and perfect faces stared at me, all eyes were on the human. I noticed that Dorian's seat at the head of the table had been taken by a stranger. It was the vampire prince, his green eyes cold and calculating for the moment, eyeing me as if working out a set of pros and cons. The table gave the customary nod and momentarily averted their eyes, just for a second. I took my usual place, at the left of the head of the table, and Dorian sat opposite, on the right. We were all seated, and the vampires began to eat. The sanguinarians ate mostly meat, not touching any other food on the table, drinking liquid from the opaque bottles, where as the psi-vampires ate what ever they wanted. The prince, though, sat with a wine glass full of blood and nothing more. He answered my questioning look.

"Ironically I'm a vegetarian, and I can choose between sanguine and psi habits as I like." he said curtly, with a small smile. "And I believe that you must be Cassandra."

"Ah, yes." I smiled, trying not to stare. Get a grip, woman.

"Zane Lockhart. It's very nice to meet you."

I saw a shifty little glance in our direction from Dorian, who then returned to discussing some long forgotten war with another male and his mate. The evening continued swiftly, polite conversation soon turned to loud and joking speeches as more and more blood was consumed. Throughout the dinner and the rest of the evening, Zane talked interestedly to me, and only me, gazing at me as if trying to visualise what it would be like to sink his fangs into my neck. It also concerned me a little how I really didn't seem to mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story