Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Orange Blossom

Demonic Angel Wings

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hisoka and Tsuzuki battle a demon that has gotten loose in Meifu. However, it does end so easily.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-15 - Updated: 2012-04-16 - 786 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Five: Demonic Angel Wings:

Lately, something had been stalking Hisoka, or rather someone.

Day After Valentine's Day

Hisoka stayed late working that night. Tsuzuki didn't stay long even though he wanted to.

"You look so alone," he reasoned. "I'll stay until you finish up." Hisoka shook his head.

"I'm good," he said. Tsuzuki leaned on the desk.

"Anna-chan won't mind," he said. Hisoka sneered.

"Go home," he said. His partner did no such thing. Hisoka rolled his eyes.

"Look," he said. "Go home, I'm fine." Tsuzuki didn't budge. He had learned by now not to listen to Hisoka at times. They hadn't seen each other outside of work lately. Maybe tonight could help. Hisoka frowned as he tried to keep it together.

"Why are you still here?" he asked. "Go home."

"Can't," Tsuzuki said.

"Fine," his partner mumbled. "You can stay."

"Thanks," the older shinigami said.

"Whatever," the boy mumbled. He went to his paperwork. Tsuzuki sat back in his chair. Hisoka started on the third form when a muzzled scream filled his ears. He paused with his pen.

"Do you hear that?" the boy asked.

"Hear what?" Tsuzuki asked. Hisoka listened for a bit and shook his head.

"Nothing," he said. The boy went back to work. The scream shot through his ear again. His eyes glanced around the office.

"You sure you didn't hear anything?" Hisoka asked. He looked around a bit more. Tsuzuki blinked at him.

"No…" he said." Are feeling okay?" The screaming became high-pitched. Hisoka winced in pain.

"Hisoka-kun?" Tsuzuki asked. The younger shinigami rose to his feet.

"I'll be back," he said. Hisoka darted out the door.

"Hisoka?" Tsuzuki asked. The older shinigami raced after his partner. Hisoka looked around to only see cherry blossoms in the clear night. But where is it?

"Hisoka!" Tsuzuki cried. "Slow down! What's going on? Why are…"

"Shhh!" Hisoka whispered. They looked around the night for anything that could send up a red flag. What exactly? They didn't know yet. Suddenly, Hisoka froze.

"Above!" he yelled as he looked up at the sky.

"Huh?" Tsuzuki asked as he looked up. Boom! The shinigami dodged the falling fireball just in time.

"Shit!" Tsuzuki yelled. "What the hell?"

"There!" Hisoka yelled. Boom! Another fireball crashed to the ground. Tsuzuki drew out his fuda. Hisoka heard the screaming building up in his brain.

"Tsuzuki, look out!" he yelled. "It's above you!" The older shinigami looked up and aimed his fuda at the target.

"I call out to the twelve gods. I beseech thee! Grant me your power," he chanted. The characters lit up in a heated glow. He flung the light at a dropping demon and got it right in the left wing. The demon fell faster to the ground. It let out a wounded cry. Black horns of a bull, blackened fangs, red face like a dragon mask, the body looked made of muscle, the hands and feet were webbed with grey matter, yellow claws for nails. The beast panted as blood flowed out of its damaged black left wing. It staggered to its feet as it breathed in pain.

"Hisoka!" Tsuzuki yelled. The boy looked around for a weapon. Come on/, he thought. /There has to be something. Come on… Come on… He spotted a rock near one of the cherry trees. He raced over to the object in question. When the beast took off towards him, Tsuzuki used his fuda again on it. He got the right wing, back, and left muscled calf. The demon screamed again and propelled towards Hisoka with trailing dust behind its fleshy raw heels. The younger shinigami turned and smashed the demon in the forehead with the rock. As an extra measure, Tsuzuki used his fuda once more. This time, he got it in the back again. The demon fell back and sank into the ground. The boys stood around blinking.

"What was that all about?" Tsuzuki asked. Hisoka shook his head.

"No idea," he said. Should be the end, right?

Ten days later, Hisoka got a text on his way home. Hm? He pulled out his phone and opened the inbox. He blinked at the message.

Meet me at the park.

"Huh?" Hisoka asked. Curious, he walked all the way to the park in question. When he reached the entry, his jaw just dropped. The demon stood before him scarred from the last encounter. Hisoka backed up slowly.

"You…" he gasped. The demon stood in place. A cold blast of air burst up around its feet and swallowed it whole. Hisoka watched on with big eyes the whole time. He stepped back when everything died down. The demon had turned into a young girl his physical age.
Sign up to rate and review this story