Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Easy A

I didn’t go out all weekend. I mainly stayed in my room and only really went downstairs when I wanted food. That was how my weekends were usually spent when Zia wasn’t out of town or something. She’d usually convince me to go out and do something that I really didn’t feel like doing. Like going to a lame party or going out dancing because she wanted to meet a cute guy. Every weekend when I got home I’d tell myself not to let her drag me into stupid stuff but every weekend I still went out with her.

So that weekend was like any other weekend when Zia went out of town. Dancing around my bedroom to loud music, drawing, eating, going on the internet and watching horror movies with my little brother Mikey.

But when I got back to school on Monday and Zia asked me how my weekend was… “Oh it was amazing; she was so friendly and sweet. We had a lot of fun.”

“Oh, so are you going to see her again?”

“No, probably not. You know it was just one of those weekends…”

“… A whole weekend?” I nodded. Zia stopped walking and turned to me with a huge surprised grin on her face “Wow! You didn’t have… Did you?”

It took me a moment to figure out what she was talking about. When I realised what she meant, I went bright red “No! No, of course not!”

“You liar!” Zia laughed “You totally lost your V card to her!”

“Zia, I’m not that kinda guy.”

“I want every detail!” Zia laughed, grabbing my arm and pulling me to a fairly silent part of the school “Now Bitch!”

I pulled my arm away from her “You know, you call me Bitch a lot! It’s not exactly a term of endearment.”

“I want every detail. Now Shitface.”

“You’re not really heading in the right direction with that one either.”

“Tell me!” Zia laughed, hitting me round the head.

I thought about it for a second “Fine!” I cried “… We… Did it.”

“Yes!” Zia cheered, hugging me close for a second “Now you’re a super slut like me.”

We were silent for a second before I said “I don’t think letting Frank Iero motorboat you behind a Bed, Bath and Beyond really makes you a ‘super slut’.”

“Hey, there were a lot of people there! Someone could’ve easily seen us!” Zia smiled “Anyway, this isn’t about me it’s about you. Tell me. What did you guys do?”

So I started telling Zia whatever I could to make it sound believable. I don’t even know why I told her that I did it. I guess it was the first time I’d sort of felt superior to her. So I just kept on talking and piling on lie after lie, it was like setting up jenga “… And you know like Glade candles? But like sexy Glade candles.”

Suddenly over Zia’s shoulder I saw a girl standing there staring at us. Zia noticed I was staring at something over her shoulder so turned around and rolled her eyes “What are you looking at Sister Christian?”

“Just a couple of admitted whores.” She replied sarcastically before storming off.

That was Sile Ryte, president of the Christian Community… A group dedicated to shoving their beliefs down people’s throats. Each year they had a new celebrity to target. Last year it was the changing of the school’s mascot.

A girl at our school named Anna Carlisle was our school mascot. Every time we had a Pep Rally she’d dress up in a skirt and bikini top and wore devil horns. Our team was called the blue devils and she’d paint every visible part of her body blue and do a routine with the rest of the cheerleaders.

Sile and her group were not happy about this. So they started a huge campaign “How can we show school pride when we’re seen by others as ‘Satan worshippers’?” Sile asked for weeks on end. Until finally, they changed the school mascot.

Now, ‘thankfully’, we have the much less intimidating Woodchucks. For every Pep Rally now, Anna has to dress up as a chipmunk instead of a devil. No longer can she do a cheerleading routine. Instead, she pretends to bite logs.

On the first week, Zia leaned over and whispered “Anna looked so much better shirtless.”

“Even dressed as a chipmunk, I still fantasise about her.” I replied with a shrug of my shoulders.

And now Sile had a new celebrity. Me.
Sign up to rate and review this story