Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Illusion

So Happy I Could Die...

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 3 reviews

Frank and Gerard meet again after a long time of waiting...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-04-19 - Updated: 2012-04-19 - 2262 words - Complete

3Moving
Frank’s POV

I walked up the stairs in silence, I turned to look back down and Mikey and Alicia where standing at the bottom of the stairs grinning like idiots waving their hands telling me to turn around and walk, so I did, I got to the top of the stairs and saw Gerard’s bedroom door, I walked across the landing carefully trying not to make any noise to give away my presence and placed my hand on the brass door handle, slowly and silently pushing open the door, I popped my head around the door to see Gerard sitting at his desk facing the window drawing, I stepped into the room completely and cleared my throat, trying not to burst out into tears during the process.

Gerard’s POV

I heard someone knock the door and I just assumed it was another door to door sales man, I continued with my sketch, head down, and then after I heard the front door close again, I glanced outside to watch the sales man leave, but I didn’t see anyone, I shook it off and went back to my drawing again, and then I heard mom and Alicia erupt with screams, I’m guessing their watching that fucking shit TV show about the spoilt rich kids in Beverly hills again.

After about half an hour of rather loud chattering from down stairs, it turned rather quiet, I started to wonder whether someone else was in the house, maybe one of moms work mates or one of Alicia’s annoying friends again I shook it off and continued drawing, I didn’t realise what I was drawing until I’d almost finished, it was Frank, but his eyes seemed, empty, like he was dead, which he was. I still hate saying that too myself, Frank’s dead, it tears me apart, it surprised me that I still knew what he looked like, it’s been what a years and a half now since I last saw him, I tear fell from my eyes and onto the paper smudging some of the pencil markings, as I tried to redraw the lines, someone cleared their throat behind me. I sighed assuming it was Mikey and turned around, to see the one person I never thought I’d see.

Frank.

I stood up and faced him from where I was, he was standing by my bedroom door, hands in the pockets of his practically shredded camouflage trousers, his vest was kind of brown, I’m guessing it used to be white, and he had tattoos up and down his muscular arms and a few on his neck, I never really thought tattoos were a turn on for me until now, Frank wasn’t that scrawny little kid I used to know, he’s grown by at least 3 inches, his hair wasn’t black and blonde and half shaved anymore, it was dark brown all over and short so no hair was covering his beautiful hazel eyes that were staring straight at me, and I was staring straight back. I felt the first tear roll down my cheek as we stood there in silence, just staring, I couldn’t think of words to say, it’d been over a year and for the past few months he’s been dead to me. But now here he was, standing in my room. I saw tears leave his eyes and I stepped closer to him, I still wasn’t sure if this was some kind of dream, but if it was I never wanted to leave, I wanted to dream forever if Frank was here, I smiled through my tears and he smiled back and then his smile faded, and changed to a face of confusion, then he started to cough violently, I ran across the room “Frank! Are you okay?” he looked at me “I…I c-can’t b-breathe” he stammered and then started chocking again and began coughing up blood. This dream had just turned into a brutal reality.

After the ambulance had taken him to the hospital, Mikey and I stood outside the house completely confused and shit scared. “Gerard what happened?” he asked, I shook my head “I…I don’t know, he was just standing there, and then he started to choke…saying he couldn’t breathe…” I started to cry and Mikey took looked at me with his eyes full of concern “Gerard…” he said softly, I shook my head “Mikey, I thought I’d lost him once, I can’t lose him again…” I stated through my tears, Mikey nodded and took my hand “Come on, we’re going to the hospital…” he whispered dragging me over to his car, yes Mikey could drive now too, He got in the front and Alicia called shotgun so I sat in the back, mom stayed behind and waved us off as we drove to the hospital. Life is taking the piss now.

We got to the hospital and we ran over to the front desk Mikey holding Alicia’s hand and me close behind, the woman behind one of the counters, glanced at us all and Mikey leant over the counter “Can you tell us where Frank Iero is? He was brought in about half an hour ago…” the woman placed her finger in the air and flicked through some papers and typed ‘Iero’ into the computer and then he looked shocked and looked up at us sympathetically “I’m afraid he’ll be taken to intensive care if you follow the signs you should eventually reach the intensive care unit.” Mikey nodded and then he glanced back at me, we walked down endless white walled corridors, After walking for about 10 minutes I saw a sign on the wall said ‘intensive care unit’ and there was a small desk with another woman behind it. Mikey again leant over the desk “Hi, um can you tell us if Frank Iero is here yet, we were told he’d be brought here…” he trailed of and Alicia squeezed my hand gently and gave me a reassuring smile, the woman checked a list next to her computer “yes he’s down the corridor, 4th bed on your left.” The woman said, we walked down the corridor, I tried not to stare at the other people so I let my eyes look at the floor and nowhere else, then Mikey came to a stop and I lifted my gaze to see Frank, motionless in the hospital bed, Alicia turned to me “You go first…” she whispered in my ear and I nodded, I stepped forward slowly and stood next to the bed where he was lying, I placed my hand on his, he was cold, I brushed my hand up his arm and a tear fell from my eye then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Mikey smiling still holding Alicia’s hand, I smiled back weakly and then a rather tall middle aged Doctor came over to us. “Well I take it you’re Mr Iero’s friends?” he questioned, Mikey, Alicia and I nodded silently “What happened to him?” Alicia asked the man sighed and picked up the chart at the end of Frank’s bed “Well I wasn’t the first to examine him, but according to his chart, he has a piece of shrapnel of some kind lodged in his throat and it has begun to tear at his throat causing blood to enter his lungs and restricting his breathing, now I have to ask, the shrapnel has been in his throat for a long time, has he encountered any high pressure changes? Because the shrapnel was previously in a different position meaning only some kind serious change in pressure could have moved it…” I looked at him wide eyed a swallowed hard “He was on a plane earlier today…he came home from Qatar…” the doctors eyes shot a glance over all three of us and then down to Frank “So he’s the lone survivor…I heard about it on the news earlier…the pressure from the plane probably caused the change in positioning then, I’ll let the surgeons know…” we nodded in unison and I looked at Frank. The doctor glanced at his watch and then back to us “Right it’s time for his surgery, you’re free to wait here, he’ll be brought back when the surgeons are finished…” we all nodded and Mikey, Alicia and I went to take a seat in the waiting area.
“We’ve been waiting here for hours!” Alicia complained placing her head on Mikey’s shoulder, Mikey smiled slightly and held her hand again, Alicia closed her eyes. “You guys want a coffee?” Mikey offered Alicia shook her head with her eyes still closed and I declined also “Gerard you never say no to coffee…” glanced at him and shook my head gently, I was tired, I was too tired to even talk, I didn’t want to talk, I’d been silent for the past two hours, coffee would probably do me some good, but my stomach seemed to refuse just at the thought of it. I was too worried about Frank to drink coffee, I felt ill at the thought he was having his throat cut open and little metal utensils being poked around inside him. I shivered and then Mikey stood up, causing Alicia’s head to hit the metal arm of the little chairs “Shit sorry Alicia.” He panicked, I smiled lightly “it’s okay Mikey we’re in a hospital…” I said sarcastically Alicia with her hand to her head nudged my with her elbow and smiled “Oh thank god, it talks!” He said laughing he then walked off down the corridor leaving me and Alicia alone in the waiting room “He’ll be okay…” Alicia announced after a few minutes of silence I smiled weakly “I know he will…” I replied, not sounding very confident, which I wasn’t, I was scared, scared shitless, what if something happened, what if he died, I constantly feel guilty for everything, for him being here, for him being lost in the desert for months, for him being attacked at school, for everything, ever since I met him, I’ve always felt responsible, and if he died, I don’t think I could live with myself, everyone knows anything could happen in surgery, even if it’s the most simple of procedures, something can always go wrong, I sat in the chair staring at the wall, thinking my pessimistic thoughts when Mikey came walking back over to us, he handed me a cup and a pack of skittles “I said I didn’t want any…” I muttered quietly he shook his head “It’s just water, you need something Gerard…” I nodded and took the cup from him and he sat back down beside Alicia and she placed her head back on his shoulder.

I woke up in the waiting room to see Mikey and Alicia had gone, I checked the clock on the wall behind me to see I’d been asleep for two hours I glanced down the hall and saw Mikey and Alicia standing at the end of a bed, I was half was toward them when Alicia looked at me and smiled brightly, when I reached them I saw Frank lying there, smiling at me, Alicia handed me a little plastic chair that I could sit on next to Frank’s bed and sat down. “Hi…” Frank muttered, his voice sounded husky and scratched against his throat. “Hey, I fucking missed you…” I said, Frank smiled and blinked slowly “I missed you too …” I could feel my eyes watering and soon after a tear rolled down my face, Frank ran his finger through my hair “Hey, don’t cry, I’m alive, I’m here, with you…” his voice comforted me so much, he then moved his hand to meet mind and held it tightly, he smiled and he was about to say something when the doctor returned and interrupted him “Well, the surgery went well…” he held up a little bottle with a rather large rigid piece of metal in it, “this was the little bugger that was in your throat. And even though it’s out we still want to keep you in overnight for observation, you still have a wounded throat.” Frank nodded the doctor then turned to Mikey, Alicia and I “Considering visiting hours ended 3 hours ago I suggest you leave…” Mikey and Alicia nodded I was about to stand up when Frank gripped my hand tighter, I turned and he shook his head and then looked to the doctor “Can he stay?” he asked quietly, the doctor sighed but nodded, Mikey and Alicia said their goodbyes and left, the doctor drew the curtains on the cubicle and also left. I turned to look at Frank who had shuffled to the other side of the bed “Lie with me…” he whispered, I smiled weakly and climbed onto the bed and lay facing him still holding his hand, we lay there with nothing but centimeters between us for a few minutes just staring at each other. “I thought I lost you…” I whispered through the dark, a smile spread across his face “You Almost did…” I kissed him softly on the lips smiling “I Love you…” I whispered he spoke softly “I love you too…”
Sign up to rate and review this story