Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Clash: so the games begin

Count to Seventeen and Close your Eyes

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Rage's mind is a very dangerous place, frothing with unspoken dreams. But sometimes, good things come out of that twisted place.....Sometimes......

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2012-04-29 - Updated: 2012-04-29 - 1255 words

0Unrated
Ghoul had one of the old messenger bags slung over his shoulder. We walked along the dusty path I knew so well.

It led straight to Dr. D's shack. Only about three or four miles away.

I took my chance and fell back, letting Smurf take the lead, and walked at Ghoul's side. “Do you think I'm stupid or something?” I asked him, looking down at his shocked face.

“W-what do you mean?” he stuttered, scared. I grinned at him.

“I know somethings up with you. Yesterday you were bein a smartass and now you're as silent as Smurf.” I nudged his shoulder.

“Don't kill me, okay?” I frowned under my mask. “I was awake last night when you and Poison were talking. I....I'm sorry about your family.” he whispered.

I sighed and hooked my thumbs onto the straps around my shoulders. “The past is the past.” I looked up at the slightly green sky. The sun glinted off my mask, making me narrow my eyes and look down.

My ears and eyes were strained as much as they could, so I heard the rumble of an engine behind us first. “Car!” I hissed and sprinted to the nearest out crop of rocks. Ghoul and Smurf ducked down beside me, both panting slightly. “Shh...”

The car stopped and two dracs got out. I held my breath and moved my hand to my gun as they looked around. They got back into the car.

A small breath passed between my parted lips as they turned around and sped away. In my head, I counted to seventeen, watching the car turn into a speck in the distance.

Once I couldn't see it anymore, I sighed and closed my eyes. “That was close.” I breathed, a small laugh bubbling out of me. “If they would seen us, we might've had a car.” I stood, letting go of the butt of my gun.

I stood and stretched slightly. My eyes darted down the path before the others stood. “Clear.” I murmured, walking back to the path. The thirty minutes passed in seconds as Ghoul told jokes, making us laugh.

Dr. D's shack loomed in the distance. Once it was in view, I broke into a sprint, excited to see my friend.

I reached the beautifully beaten shack and slid the wood across the graffiti covered plaster wall, making it scrape a little. “D?” I called into the open space.

“Rage!” a set of arms enveloped me. “Do you know how close you came to getting dusted?” he let me go and returned his gun to his pocket.

I shrugged and smiled, taking my mask off. Smurf and Ghoul slipped in, distracting D. “Well, look who we have here! I was wondering when I would see you again, Fun Ghoul. Lose your group?”

Ghoul chuckled and took his mask off, holding it in his hand. “No. We're staying with the girls for a while. Poison broke his arm and...”

D's eyebrows flew up. “Oh! Good thing you guys found Rage here. She's one of the few of us who know what to do for pretty much everything.” D squeezed my shoulders, making me smile. “People underestimate this little beauty. Did she tell me she saved me before she was even a Killjoy?”

My eyes flicked to Ghoul's. He looked away, but not before I saw the guilt burning in the brown pits. “Sorta.” he muttered, ducking his head.

D looked at me, confusion burning in his dark eyes. I shook my head, willing him to drop it. “So...you need gas, huh?” he murmured, making me grin softly.

“And more food. We have four more plus the guys.” I lifted myself up on the counter, shaking out my short hair.

“Who?” D asked, digging through a box.

“Umm....Pixie Stix, Atomic Fallout, October Night and Happy Shadow. Why?” I looked at his back as he moved the box.

“Oh god!” he wailed and looked over his shoulder at me. “Those four dropped in on me last night, asking where your station was. Biggest fans.” he snorted.

“So you sent them to us!” I gasped. “I was curious how those idiots had found us.”

“They're only stupid when they're not working. And Stix....the one you brought here....remind me of you when you first stayed with me.”

I bit my lip. That first year... D had to make sure I didn't pull any suicide missions. Like setting BL/ind's headquarters on fire. Or driving into the Battery City Radio tower...

With a quick shake of my head, I disbanded those thoughts and took the box D was handing me. It was full of canned food and water bottles.

“Had a good raid a couple days ago on a store. Guess security leaves before two am.” D beamed. We laughed, Smurf just smiling. “Also got some sunblock and batteries.” he murmured, his eyes soft.

“We're good on batteries and fuck the sunblock! The burns feel good.” I lied, knowing he'd catch it.

D was like.....my brother, I guess. He cared if I lived or died. That's a lot more than most of us get from the others.

The thing about us Killjoys.....we weren't some kind of giant family. In fact, the only reason we didn't go around killing each other is because we have better chances of taking down BL/ind.....

An idea was brewing in the corner of my mind, not quite complete yet. “Oh god, what's that look for?” D read me easily.

I beamed. “An amazing idea. Wanna help?” I stood and leaned forward, his wary eyes not stopping me.

He couldn't nod fast enough. It was a genius plan, after all. “Yes! I am so in” he pushed through a curtain, dragging me with him.

A flutter of excitement bubbled up in my chest as he sat at his mic and cleared his throat. He flipped a switch, a red light flickering on over his desk. “Look alive sun shines! You're here with me, Dr. D. Now, in the studio with me right now, ya know her, ya lover her. Crimson Rage.

And she just had the best idea I've ever heard. Now our dear friends, whoever wants to take out BL/ind once and for all, report to her station in the next three days. Until then, keep running, Killjoys.” I leaned forward before he could flick the switch again.

“We'll be waiting.” I murmured smoothly. He shut down the network and beamed at me. “Thanks D.” I grinned and hugged him. “We should be goin.” I trailed off, looking back at a smiling Smurf and a confused Ghoul.

“Any time, sugar.” he handed me a red container full of gas. Smurf and Ghoul had been filling up the bags from the box while D and I went live.

D led the way to the makeshift door. “Hey what day is it anyway?” I looked at him.

His smile bothered me to no end. “I'll tell you in three days.” he hugged me with one arm and opened the exit for us.












Goddess my ass hurts. I've been sitting here writing this for about two hours straight! Chapter 6, finally done.

Also, great news. I finished writing this! Now all I gotta do is type it all out and put it up here for your starved eyes!

And there may be a spin off from this. I guess it depends on if I have any reviews.......

YES!!! Bribing!!! R+R!!!

Hugs and Pineapples,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story