Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Old Problems

by XxLiveyourlifExX 7 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-30 - Updated: 2012-05-01 - 1108 words

0Unrated
A/N:Dearest Abbie, Izzy, SportyGirl, Han, Foreveryours, and Razor, I got this for you. Sorry it took me so long. Lots of schoolwork/senior activities. But, good news, finals have begun so you'll probably get procrastination updates. So yayyyyy. Also, I make up things. Whatever. Haha.

Old Problems

She probably should have climbed up her ladder and gone to sleep. But she was concerned. Not only was she worried about her friends, the fact that she couldn’t fall asleep earlier made her a little crazy. This is how it used to be.

She didn’t used to sleep because of the dreams. And now they were happening again. Yesterday morning, Mikey had to wake her up because she was calling out. She could hazily recall having a one of those dreams last night, but she was drunk enough that it didn’t bother her too much.

So, instead of facing the scary prospect of a nightmare, Braelyn went back to the front of the bus. It was about three in the morning and Braelyn was in the middle of another movie, when Gerard strode out of the bunkroom wide awake.

“Couldn’t sleep?” Braelyn asked.

He didn’t answer, he just stooped down, opened a cabinet, and began rummaging around.

“Whatchya doin?” Braelyn had come to stand behind him.

“Vodka,” he answered, now standing holding a bottle. “You want?”

Braelyn wasn’t sure this was a great idea. Sure, being drunk eased the nightmares as evidenced by last night and the nights when she use to get hammered at the Rover, but she sensed this was probably not the best choice for Gerard. Hadn’t she read somewhere that he used to have a drinking problem?

Not that she was gonna tell him what to do, but she could watch out for him tonight. Right? She’d tell Mikey in the morning.

“I think I’m gonna pass,” she said, quickly lying, “I’ve got a headache. But you go ahead.”

He just nodded.

She expected him to make a drink then maybe come sit in the other chair and finish the movie with her, but he didn’t. He took the bottle and sat on the bench seat, looking out the window and taking swigs straight from the bottle.

She kept a worried eye on him. He didn’t stay for very long. Her movie wasn’t over before he screwed the lid back on the bottle and stood up shakily.

“Why don’t I put that away for you? You just go to bed, ok?”

“You know what, Brae?” He slurred. “You’re great.”

“You’re great, too, Gee.” She winced a little bit as he teetered. “Let’s go to bed, ok?”

She managed to ease the bottle away from him and set it on her chair before putting an arm
around him and helping him weave his way back to his bunk. Once he was in bed, Braelyn went back out front.

She picked up the now half-empty bottle of vodka and went to replace it in its cabinet. She noticed that the bus was getting a bit grimy. She spent the rest of the night cleaning.

So naturally, Braelyn was awake when they pulled into the hotel at Las Vegas at 5 in the morning. Topher was surprised to see her up, but gratefully accepted her help with getting the others into the hotel. She held onto Mikey’s hand while she brace Gerard on her other side, trying to keep him walking in a straight line.

Once they were in their own rooms, Mikey asked, “Aren’t you still tired?” he flopped onto the bed. “Topher says we have all of today off. No show until tomorrow night.”

“I’m not sleepy. I’ll sit here with you, though.”

Mikey looked perplexed, but he nodded. Braelyn laid back next to him and put her head on his chest. Mikey put an arm around her. She let him fall back asleep before she turned the television on. Braelyn mindlessly watched the Today show and then whatever else came on afterwards.

Later when everyone was awake, except for Gerard (shocker), they all ordered lunch to the suite Frankie, Mikey, Braelyn, and Chelsea were staying.

“Hey Frank,” Topher said after quickly finishing his lunch, “We gotta leave for that interview in like twenty minutes. I’m going to go get Gerard up.”

“Yes, sir,” Frankie said, giving him a mock salute before hurrying to finish his meal. He disappeared into his room.

Five minutes hadn’t passed before Topher was back in the room, a panicked look on his face. “Is Gerard in here?”

“No. Wasn’t he sleeping?” Mikey asked.

“He was when I left earlier, but now nobody’s in the suite.”

“Did you try calling his phone?” Ray asked.

“Straight to voicemail.”

“We should probably go look for him.” Mikey’s voice was worried.

Frankie emerged from his room and the situation was explained to him. It was decided that Mikey would go look for Gerard, but Frankie was still going to the interview, and Ray with him. Topher took them and they left.

Mikey stood to go. Braelyn did the same. “I’ll go with you.”

Mikey nodded and grabbed her hand, starting toward the door. Braelyn waved as they left. Once they got in the elevator, Mikey started pacing.

“I’m sure we’ll find him,” Braelyn said, squeezing his hand. “He is an adult. There’s not much trouble he can get into.”

“Oh there’s plenty of trouble Gee can get into here. He’s an alcoholic and he likes card games just a little too much.”

“I’ve seen him drink. He’s had a beer with us and we’ve been out to the clubs with him.”

“Ya. Well, at the moment he has it ‘under control,’ but he tends to spin out of control when things get stressful. Like when we went on tour the first time or when we recorded Black Parade.”

“Or when Bob left?”

“Exactly.” The elevator doors opened.

After they stepped into the lobby Braelyn tugged on his hand so he would stop and face her. “So it was probably not a good thing that he came out and drank like half a bottle of vodka last night…”

Mikey just sighed before slowly saying, “Ya. That’s not good.”

They found him a few minutes later, sitting in the hotel bar.

“BRAELYN! MIKEY!” Gerard yelled spinning on his bar stool.

A/N: Hope you liked it and that you haven't given up on me yet. Go review! Please? Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story