Categories > Original > Horror > Lament's Song

Lament's Song

by NLament 0 reviews

Introduction to Ambrosine's life.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-04 - Updated: 2012-05-04 - 1393 words

0Unrated
(England 1923 August 5th. The Sanctum Concentration Camps)

”You’re not escaping this time. Even if you are soul-ridden” Viktor spat as he chained me back to the wall, tightening the holy water covered shackles deep into my wrists, wriggling from the uncontrollable burn. “You deserve this, no matter how loyal you might be” He said again before getting up from the dungeon floor and leaving, slamming the door and bolting it about six times.
/]
[/I sighed, running one of my hands slowly through my red, sweat covered hair before I let my head fall back against the wall as I watched the guards bring in the newcomers. I had a soul now; I couldn’t have helped what I had done. It wasn’t my fault; he was the one who changed me.

/]
[/“I can’t believe we’re stuck in here with a bunch of Lycras” One of the women had stated as the guard left after chaining them down to the blocks of Adamantium. I shifted slightly, grunting when I felt the ultimate burning in my hands.

/]
[/“Full moon is tomorrow, don’t say that” I stated to her firmly, I didn’t fancy being ripped apart by a couple of pissed of Werewolves. They were planning on separated us in a couple of days of course only a few of us were going to survive this. Now that I had a soul I was as you say…shitting bricks.

/]
[/“Says you. You’re a disgrace to your own kind, conversing with this filth!” The woman exclaimed towards the three men in the corner of the room.

/]
[/“Listen you pathetic wench” I snarled, my face forming into its old self. “I’m a Lamént, you’re the filth here” I spat as she held her child closer to her body. I was the one who Vampires feared, not just the Old Ones; I was just as strong as they were, just not as old.

/]
[/I returned back to my original position up against the wall and I brought my scarred knees up to my chest as I continued to feel the blood dripping out of my cross of a cut.


~~~~~

I jolted up from the bed, breathing erratically as small beads of sweat rolled down my forehead. I may have been used to the nightmares, but they still were incredibly fresh. I ran my hands through my tangled hair before I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and took a deep breath.

“Amber! You up yet?” I jumped when I heard Kipper’s booming voice from the bottom of the stairs.

“Yeah, coming” I shouted back, a little more hoarsely as I got up from the bed and headed into the bathroom. I looked into the long wall mirror, seeing my ever so blurry reflection and I could just make out that I had large black rings under my hazel and blue eyes and my dark brown and caramel hair was terribly messy. I let out another deep sigh before taking a long hot shower to re-fresh my self from the memory that was slowly escaping my mind.

I dressed myself in a short black dress and a long-sleeved cardigan so my scars weren’t visible. The only thing that really showed was the horrible scars on my wrists and the cross on my chest, but that was obviously covered up but the cross I was no longer effected to.

I skipped downstairs and saw that Rae had already left for work, so I made my way into our kitchen to see Carlos pulling on his large blue and black hat. I swear to God that Carlos had the weirdest fashion sense, everyday he used wear a suit but he'd have to wear a matching hat with a feather sticking out.

"Hey I've got something to tell you" The blonde said sheepishly as I sat at the table and he placed a plate of raw meat in front of me and I dug in straight away, my face changing so I could rip it apart.

"Go on" I grunted, cold blood running down my hands as my now yellow eyes looked up at Carlos.

"Cutler came by today" Carlos said and I spat out the piece of pork, blood dripping down my chin before I wiped it off with a napkin.

"You let him in didn't you?" I whispered harshly, standing up and my face changed back to normal.

"No I didn't. He came by to ask if there was any Werewolves about that I knew of, I said no and he cleared off. I didn't say anything about you I swear" Carlos said reassuringly, placing his hands on my shoulders and rubbing them slightly. I sighed deeply, running my hands through my caramel highlighted hair before hugging him. Ever since I left Cutler back in 1964, He has been hanging around with Viktor and if Cutler knew I was here, he'd be the first one to tell Viktor.

"Alright..."

"Why don't we go out today? Rae will be at work and you'll be board out of your mind" Carlos questioned, stepping away from me slightly.

"Okay" I smiled, kissing his cold and squishy cheek before I walked over to the stairs to grab my purse and very old Victorian coat.

~~~~~

Carlos and I eventually ventured into town, he was still a little upset about this morning's events as I was and he decided to get loose on a couple of people. Mean, but truly hilarious.

"You okay Amber? Seem a little distant?" Carlos asked me curiously as we walked through the park, me watching the children running around with their mothers. I could hardly remember my mom, I didn't want to. I didn't want to remember me ripping her heart out through her mouth. "Amb?"

"Huh?" I looked up at him innocently and he gave a small smile. "Oh...Um I'm fine. Just had another nightmare, it's nothing" I shrugged and we stopped walking when I felt a cold presence.

"What is it?"

"You feel that?" I questioned, inhaling sharply and smelling the presence of a female ghost close by. "Look" I nodded my head discretely to a woman who was sitting up on a wooden bench in a grey outfit and a baby hidden in her cardigan. We slowly walked up to her and sat down, I was on her left and Carlos was on her right. She looked at us both sweetly and gave a small smile as she rocked the child in her arms.

"What's with the sigh toots?" Carlos spoke out and the woman jumped and I leant over and slapped Carlos in the chest.

"Carlos! Sorry about him ma'am" I apologized before crossing my arms over my chest, narrowing my eyes at Carlos who held up his hands defenselessly

"You can see me?" She asked in disbelief, holding the child closer to her.

"Of course, he's a ghost and I'm a Vampire. But I've been dry for ninety years so don't worry about that" I said slowly not to frighten her as I gestured to the Human baby.

"Oh that's good then" the Ghost chuckled and relaxed.

"Are you taking care of her on your own?" Carlos asked politely.

"No, some friends are helping me with her" The woman smiled at him, his blue eyes soon brightened. I inhaled again and got the scent of a Werewolf and a Vampire.

"Do they get along?" I smirked, knowing that my best friend, James, was also a Werewolf and we didn't get along when we first met.

"Oh yeah, Tom's the Werewolf and Hal a Vampire but they get along alright. Hal has only just moved in with us" She shrugged and leant forward slightly. "I'm Annie, and this is Eve" Annie smiled, mostly towards Carlos.

"I'm Carlos and that is Ambrosine, but just call her Amber" Carlos introduced us with a trademark smile of his, so I simply rolled my eyes at his attempt flirting.

"Nice to meet you both, say why don't you come and have a cup of coffee back at the house? We don't get visitors often" Annie offered as she got up from the bench, me and Carlos following her actions.

"That'd be very nice, thank you Annie" I smiled and we followed beside her. Finally, someone like us.
Sign up to rate and review this story