Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

I've Just Seen a Face

by CorkedHead 0 reviews

My first story! Ryan meets his best friend's wife's best friend.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-05-04 - Updated: 2012-05-04 - 1664 words

0Unrated
Alex screamed when he looked at himself in the mirror in the morning.

"Wha.. what happened to my hair??" He said looking at the green sensation on his head. He slapped himself and looked in the mirror again. "Maybe it's just paint or something." He quickly went to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

"Keep calm dude, it's just green hair on your wedding day!! Carla is going to kill me." He said to himself stipping off last night's attire. He stepped into the shower and scrubbed his head. Green washed down the drain and Alex calmed down a little bit. After showering he dried off and looked at himself in the mirror. His hair was still green. He grabbed his phone and texted his best man.

What the hell happened last night?? My hair is GREEN. I'm getting married in 5 hours!

Oh yeah, Michael thought it'd be funny to dye your hair green. Alex GREENwald. Get it? Haha...

I'm going to kill all of you.

And with that text he threw on some comfortable clothes, grabbed his suit, and headed over to his best man's house to get ready and get married.

"Holy shit... it's really green!" Ryan said laughing as he looked at Alex's unamused expression.

"No SHIT! Fuck you guys! I let you guys run my bachelor party and this is what happens??? You couldn't have hired a couple strippers and called it a night?" Alex shoved past him and started heading upstairs.

"Slow down green bean, your fiance and all her ladies are up there getting ready, we're all getting ready in the basement." Ryan said leading the way downstairs. Alex followed him past the kitchen and down to the basement. He looked upon his groomsmen, his father, and his father-in-law. A roar of laughter filled the room.

"Michael I am going to kill you." He said lifting his arms and heading towards Michael's neck.

"Whoa okay, look we can fix this. We'll just dye your hair brown and nobody will even notice." Ryan said putting himself between his best friends.

"Okay, well who knows how to dye hair?" Alex asked. A few hands timidly popped up.

"Who knows how to dye hair without getting it on my skin and making me look more like an idiot?" He asked. The hands went down.

"We can ask one of the bridesmaids to do it, they're girls." Michael said hoping that Alex wouldn't try to kill him again.

"Yes, I'll run upstairs and find someone. You just calm down and... practice your wedding vows or something." Ryan ran upstairs, past the kitchen, up the stairs again, and knocked on the door with squeeling and giggles behind it.

"Who is it?" Carla asked.

"It's Ryan, can I come in?"

"Yes come on in." He opened the door to see Carla in her pajamas with green gunk on her face, Alex and Carla's mom crying and watching her, and 5 women all in dark purple dresses.

"What's up? or should I say, what's wrong?" Carla asked.

"Let's just say that you and your husband to be are matching right now... Who knows how to dye hair without making a mess?" Ryan asked. Carla looked like she was either going to faint or smash everything in sight. Ryan wasn't the only one who noticed either because before she could say anything, her maid of honor piped up.

"I can do it. Carla don't you worry about anything, it's your special day." Janie said with a smile. Her chocolate brown hair was curled and put up, a braid across the top of her head. Carla smiled at her and Janie followed Ryan out of the room.

"What happened?" She asked him. Ryan didn't say anything for a moment. He met Janie once before and it was only briefly at Carla's last birthday party. She missed the rehearsal dinner because of an important business meeting. Her big green eyes were staring into his and then he realized he hadn't said anything.

"Uh we dyed his hair last night as a joke and now he has green hair." He told her thinking about how idiotic it was in the first place.

"Wow. Okay so now we need to dye his hair a normal color. Okay, where's the hair dye?" She said heading down the steps.

"We don't have any." Ryan said timidly.

"Well step one would be to buy some hair dye. Let's go to the store." She said grabbing her heels and heading towards Ryan's car.

"Yes ma'am." Ryan said grabbing his car keys and following her to the car. He pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street to a drug store.

"How long will it take to do this?" Ryan asked as he followed the click-clacking noise of her heels against the tile floor.

"About an hour." She said looking at the massive supply of hair dye products. She grabbed one off the shelf and clicked to the check out counter.

"Is it prom season already?" Asked the lady behind the counter.

"Oh no, we're going to a wedding. " Janie said politely buying the dye. The headed back to the car and drove to Ryan's.

"Do I look like i'm in high school?" She asked him.

"No, it's probably just because we're dressed up. Do I look like i'm in high school?" He asked.

"Yeah a little." She said with a smile as they pulled up to the driveway.

"I'm 26!" Ryan said following her into the house, past the kitchen, and down the stairs.

"You kind of have a baby face. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's cute."

"So you think i'm cute?" Ryan said with a smile but before she could answer she burst into laughter.

"You look like a vegetable!" She said hugging Alex.

"Ha ha very funny. Can you fix me?"

"Of course. Now take off your shirt, you don't want to get any dye on it." She said opening the little box. Alex did as he was told and sat down in a chair.

"Ryan, do you have a towel you don't care to get stuff on, and some vaseline?" Janie mixed the hair dye together and put on her plastic gloves.

"Oh he's got plenty of vaseline." Michael said. Ryan punched him in the arm and ran upstairs. A minute later he came back downstairs with what she asked for. She put the towel around Alex's shoulders and put vaseline all over his ears and hairline. The boys watched as Janie put the awful smelling solution in Alex's hair.

"Alright we'll let that sit for 25 minutes. I'll be back down in a bit, i'm going to go check on the bride." Janie ran upstairs and back to Carla. A sound of a camera click made everyone look over to Michael who was clicking away on his Iphone.

"Alex gets his hair dyed for his big day. Aww twitter." He said and put the phone back into his pocket. Everyone laughed except Alex who just stuck out his tongue.

"So is Janie s-" before Ryan could finish his question Alex cut him off.

"Don't even think about it. That's Carla's best friend. If you two hook up and then break up, I will be in trouble." Alex said.

"How will you be in trouble?" Ryan asked.

"Girls do what girls do best. They talk. If something happens between you two, Janie will tell Carla everything and then Carla will tell me everything and then she'll think it's my responsibility to fix whatever you did wrong and if I don't fix it then Carla will be mad at me and I don't want that."

"When I do something wrong? How do you know I'll do something wrong?"

"Guys always fuck something up. We don't know about it until someone's crying. Don't take it personally." Michael said.

"I've had succesful relationships before!"

"Let's see... Jac? Awful break up that resulted in you dissing her career. Keltie? Cheated on her. Z? She left you for one of your friends."

"Okay okay, I get it. Fine, I guess i'll be lonely forever." Ryan said and sighed in a dramatic way. Michael pushed him a bit and everyone but Alex made sure they were all squared away and ready for the wedding. Janie came down a bit later.

"Alright Alex, let's wash that hair of yours." He leaned over the bathtub and rinsed his hair out.

"It's dark brown!" Ryan exclaimed and high fived Janie.

"Blow dry it and style it or whatever you do. I'll see you guys at the ceremony!" She said and the girl ran back upstairs. Alex got ready and suited up for his big day.

"You've got this. You're normal looking, well as normal as you get, and you're all ready to spend your life with Carla." Ryan said with both hands on Alex's shoulders. He took in a deep breath and headed upstairs to start greeting guests and lead them to the backyard.

"Thanks again for letting me use your backyard for my wedding."

"No problem buddy." Ryan said as he greeted more members of each family. As time grew nearer Alex stood by the preacher and Ryan waited in the kitchen with the other groomsmen. Carla came down in her white dress and everyone's jaw dropped. She looked gorgeous and there was only one other person who caught Ryan's eye. Janie handed Carla her bouquet and they whispered a few things to each other. She grabbed her little assortment of flowers and went over by Ryan.

"So everyone's hair is the right color?" She said smiling at him.

"Yes, everything is perfect." He said offering his arm. They took their place at the front of the line and waited for the music to start. The music started and Janie and Ryan led the fellow bridesmaids and groomsmen down the aisle. They took their sides of the alter and waited for their best friends to get married.
Sign up to rate and review this story