Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Last Regrets

by bvbrocks 1 review

L's last thoughts as he lays dying *SPOILERS*

Category: Death Note - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: L - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2012-05-08 - Updated: 2012-05-08 - 365 words - Complete

0Unrated
Why did Watari hit the delete all? How could Kira have gotten to him? Are we all in danger? I most certainly am. If he could get to Watari...if he could get his real name...he has the Shinigami eyes now. I must dismiss the others from the case. It is far too dangerous for them now. I must do this by myself.
These, they were my last thoughts before I was falling...falling...falling... It felt like such a long fall, even though it was only two feet at most.
Oh, God, he got me. I knew it was coming, I just thought I would get to confront Kira before my demise. I knew this was where the investigation was leading, I just had hoped it wouldn’t come so soon. But then again, hope is an irrational thing, and it never brought anyone anything but a little light in their life.
This may seem like a lot of thoughts for a man dying quickly, but that is how my brain works, even now, in this place that I do not know the name of. Fast, analyzing everything and anything in a matter of seconds. I do not know how it came to be like this, but I found it very beneficial.
Light’s coming over here. Good, at least I can see the face of my first friend one last time before this is all over.
That was my last bit of hope. And it was ripped to bits.
He doesn’t look too concerned. He must not understand the gravity of the situation. He must think I fell out of my chair in shock. I can see his face now. Wait...why is he smiling? Oh, god, he’s happy I’m dying. I was right. That 5% chance...I should not have dismissed it...and to think I was starting to fall...fall in love...but it doesn’t matter now. I can’t even warn the others...it’s all going black...
And then I was floating, floating, floating into the blackness that still surrounds me. All I have now is my regrets, and the remnants of a horrible love.
Sign up to rate and review this story