Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

Two's A Company, Three's A Crowd

by BleedingValentine 4 reviews

Meeting new people and a new idea.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-12 - Updated: 2012-05-16 - 2055 words - Complete

5Exciting
Here we go, the next chapter is here. I would've posted this yesterday but I feel like shit, so sorry it's later than I wanted. Hope you like the chapter :)

Chapter 3; Two's A Company, Three's A Crowd

Frank woke up at a stupid hour the next morning, just as the sun had risen. No noise came from Gerard in the next bed, nor could he hear anything from Mikey and Ray’s bedroom. He quickly pulled on his clothes before making his way through the empty reception and out the front door. The sun was glimmering just over the hill where Jenna lived and the grass outside the inn was still dewy. Frank grinned to himself as he walked over the wet grass, mentally cursing himself for forgetting to wear shoes. He wandered down the path they had come down the evening before towards the beach.

“Hello again, Frank,” came a voice from behind him. He turned and smiled as he saw Jenna walking towards him.

“Morning,” he said.

“You’re up early.”

“Yeah, I like waking up early. Places always look prettier in the morning.”

“I agree. I have no choice but to wake up early if I want to get all my work done on the farm,” said Jenna as they began to climb the hill towards the beach.

“Unlucky for working on a farm then.”

“No, I enjoy it.”

“You’ve always been a little weirdo, Jen. Why are we going up here by the way?”

“I don’t know, you were going this way anyhow. I know! I can take you to meet Abbie,” said Jenna.

“Oh cool. She one of the nicer people on the island?”

“Yeah, she’s cool. It’s only Dana and her friend that you gotta watch out for, but everyone else is neat. Just you gotta be careful, don’t ask about Abbie’s parents or anything.”

“How come?”

“She’s from Scotland and she’s really conscious about her accent. And she had trouble with her mum when she was little before she moved here.”

“I know that feeling. I never really liked my dad.”

“Really? You never told me that.”

“People don’t like talking about it. Abbie must be really close to you if she told you that.”

“I guess so. I think she was drunk, though, so I don’t know if she knows that I know.”

“Owch. Isn’t she going to be asleep now though? I know all the other guys were.”

“No. She wakes up early to go fishing, she’ll be on the pier.”

“Oh, I think I saw her yesterday when we... arrived,” said Frank. Jenna laughed.

“When we found you washed up on the beach, all casual.” Frank smiled at Jenna as they reached the top of the hill and were staring down at the beach. The tide was high and so the water nearly reached the doorstep of the ramshackle hut tonight at the end, and true enough to Jenna’s word a shadowy figured sat at the end of the pier in front of the house. From this angle, Frank could see another, smaller pier at the other end of the beach, which was closer than the one that the figure sat on.

Frank grinned and jogged down to the closer pier, pulled off his shirt and jumped into the ocean. It was cool but not too cold, thanks to the fact that it was mid-summer, and amazingly clear. He swum to the surface and pulled himself out onto the pier and turned back to see Jenna standing next to a pretty girl with short, thick, black wavy hair. She wore three-quarter cut off jeans and an orange checkered shirt that was tied in a knot in the centre of her ribs. A script was just visible on her right rib.

“Hey,” said Frank.

“Hi. I’m Abbie,” said the girl, shaking Frank’s hand.

“This is Frank, I was telling you about him last night,” said Jenna.

“You were talking about me?”

“I woke up just as you left the beach. Jenna told me about you after you checked into the inn,” said Abbie. True to Jenna’s word, she had an amazingly thick accent.

“Oh, nice. What’s that on your ribs?” asked Frank, gesturing towards the tattoo. Abbie smiled and lifted up her shirt so the inscription was revealed; it read 'People who have physical scars hide them with clothing or a mask, those with emotional scars hide them with a smile or laugh'.

“Very philosophical,” said Frank. Abbie’s smile creeped up crookedly on the right side of her face.

“Can I apply the same term to any of those?” she asked, nodding towards the large number of tattoos covering Frank’s torso. Frank shrugged and smiled back at Abbie. Her eyes were wide, outlined thickly in black and a weird bright orange colour that matched her shirt.

“I might have to get back to tell the guys where I’ve gone, by the way,” said Frank. Abbie shrugged and nodded, still gazing steadily at him. It was slightly disconcerting.

“No need,” said Jenna, turning and pointing at the top of the hill where Gerard, Ray and Mikey were galloping down the path towards them.

“Hey Frank, don’t disappear like that!” said Gerard as they reached them.

“Sorry man, I didn’t wanna wake you guys up. This is Abbie, by the way,” said Frank, smiling again at her. He didn’t usually smile this much at anyone, not even at Gerard when he was acting cute.

“Oh, Jen told us about you. She said something about how Dana was always...” Mikey stopped speaking as Frank shook his head slightly. “...Um, how you in particular didn’t like her,” he finished. Frank knew that he was about to have asked about why Dana mocked Abbie, and he didn’t think it was a good idea. Gerard caught Frank’s eye and understood immediately.

“Abbie, do you draw?” he asked. Abbie grinned.

“Yeah, I like art.”

“Nice, would you show us any of your stuff?” ask Frank, sitting cross-legged on the pier. “Owch! You know how much of a bitch it is to sit down in wet jeans?”

“You shouldn't have jumped in the sea with them on then, should you?” said Gerard. Abbie smiled and sat down too; Ray, Mikey and Jenna had disappeared.

“I don’t usually like people seeing my work,” Abbie said.

“How come?”

“I just... don’t think it’s good. I do it for a hobby, nothing more.”

“That’s what I used to do,” said Gerard. “But people kept telling me I had talent and I made myself believe them. Now, I know I’m just fabulous.”

“Quite the camp art student, aren’t you?” said Abbie, laughing.

“He is. You should try living with him, we shared a room in college.”

“So you got to see any of his art stuff?”

“Yeah, I don’t think he brought any of it with him, though,” said Frank, raising his eyebrow at Gerard, who had started to move away. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Dunno. You two are talking so I can leave you alone. I may go and piss off Dana. I like that idea.” Frank and Abbie just laughed as he walked off.

“And there he goes. He’s usually quite awkward around new people. Probably why he’s off to piss off someone he already knows.”

“Lovely.”

“He and Dana have a very special connection. I used to live next to Dana, and we actually used to be friends, then Gerard moved in next to us and she turned into a bitch.”

“Any idea why?” asked Abbie, standing back up.

“No clue. Where you going?” asked Frank, also standing up.

“To go watch. Dana’s brilliant when she gets pissed off, little Jasmine is a god at doing that.”

“Is little Jasmine is someone else I haven't met yet?”

“Obviously,” said Abbie, grinning at Frank as they began to walk up the beach.

“Who is she?” asked Frank.

“Not quite sure, to be honest. She’s like, twelve and she lives in the forest. Nobody knows exactly where or who she lives with, but she seems happy with nobody knowing.”

“Jenna told us there was a witch living in the forest.” Abbie laughed.

“What, Jasmine? She’s twelve! God help us if she was a witch. No, the rumours say it’s a woman who looks twenty but has lived there for centuries. Jasmine just appeared a few years ago. Local folklore, the story’s been the same since I arrived here. Same time as Jasmine appeared, actually,” she said.

“Okay... I’m gonna nod and agree. Come on, if Gerard’s really going to piss off Dana I’m not sure we’d want to miss it.
____________________

Sure enough, when they reached Gerard (they had to search through the entire village but found him by the bridge that crossed into the forest) he was smirking at a fuming Dana, with Mikey and a little brown-haired girl standing behind him. Beside Dana was a tall, pale girl with thick black hair and deep turquoise ends that matched her eyes, thickly rimmed in eyeliner. She was too was glaring at Gerard, but she was smirking slyly. Mikey had a massive grin on his face and the little brown-haired girl was dancing around with glee. Dana said something, a grin exploded onto the black-haired girl’s face and Gerard raised his eyebrows. As Frank and Abbie approached, Dana and her friend walked away.

“Well, that was fun,” said Gerard, cracking out into a smile.

“That was awesome, I’ve never seen her that annoyed, ever, and even I’m pretty good at annoying people, it was so funny,” said the little girl. “Hey Abbie!”

“Hi Jasmine,” said Abbie. Jasmine was hopping from one foot to another and her wide brown eyes were glowing. Her hair was dark brown, straight and had light brown streaks in it, held back with a red headband.

“Hey. Are you Frank or Ray?” she asked, looking at Frank.

“Frank. Ray’s the ridiculously tall one with an afro on his head,” he said. “We missed the argument? That sucks!”

“And Gee didn’t even start it, I think Dana and Tay were looking for a fight!” said Mikey, still grinning.

“Tay?”

“Tay Parker,” said Abbie. “The other chick Dana was with, with the blue in her hair.”

“She’s not as fiery as Dana, but she’s just as mental. And very flirty, so keep your head on around her,” said Gerard, turning around and looking thoughtfully down at JAsmine. “Hey Jasmine, do you know anything about a witch in the forest? Seeing as that’s where you live.” JAsmine’s brown eyes widened, making her look even more innocent than she already was.

“Witches? I’m not allowed to talk about it.”

“Who said that?”

“Well, it was Li... I’m just not allowed to tell anybody.”

“Tell anybody what?”

“She wouldn’t be pleased with me, it’s supposed to be a secret.”

“Who wouldn’t be pleased with the secret?” asked Gerard. Jasmine put her finger to her lips like she’d realised she said too much.

“If you’re not careful she’ll come and find you because you’re not supposed to know!” she whispered, before turning around and running into the forest. Mikey was staring at Gerard.

“What the hell was that about?” he asked. Gerard looked at him.

“Gee, you know she’s just a little girl? Witches don’t exist, she could just have a big imagination,” said Frank, before Gerard could speak.

“There are only two types of honest people on this earth, and young children are the first group. Jasmine let out what she thinks is the truth,” he said.

“The truth? Than what was she going on about?”

“If I’m not much mistaken, we have an idea as to where's that witch people have been talking about.”


And there we go. What do you think? I hope you like it, and that you will be lovely people and Rate and Review this for me :) I love you guys, working on next chapter already.
Sign up to rate and review this story