Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Forbidden love (one shot)

by BulletproofNinja 4 reviews

I wrote this like two years ago for my english class and decided to turn it into a Frerard. Hope you enjoy the massive fail that is my one-shot!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-05-13 - Updated: 2012-07-30 - 2301 words - Complete

2Ambiance
I wrote this ages ago and I thought I'd try and turn it into a Frerard story. Hope you like it! It's my first attempt at a one-shot and I'm extremely sorry if it's unbelievably shit. Anyhoo, here you go!
~BulletproofNinja


Gerard's POV

As I stare out of the window, I release a huge sigh. I'm upset, and I don't care if people know. I'm upset because I've just found out that my family are going to force me to get an arranged marriage, in order to honour them. This is so ridiculous. I'm twenty two years old, my parents have no say in what I do anymore. What's worse is that they want me to marry a woman, which is kinda hard for me, because I'm gay. I don't like boobs, I like dick. And I'm pretty sure this girl my parents want me to marry has boobs, and not a dick. Although, even if my parents did choose a guy for me to marry, I'd still be pissed off.

It's not that I don't want to get married, it's the fact that I don't have a choice in it. I'll never get to marry the love of my life, that is, if I even find him. Even though I want to get married eventually, I'm too young right now, I've got my whole life ahead of me to settle down.

And to think that just a few weeks ago I was just sitting back and enjoying my life as it was I didn't have this massive burden of a fucking arranged marriage! I don't know what to do, should I just go through with it and please my parents? Or should I tell them how I really feel and follow my heart? I know how they'll react when I tell them I'm gay, they'll want nothing to do with me anymore and I don't want that. Oh, this is all too confusing for me. I decide to relax until I can get my head around this whole situation, picking up a book to take my mind off it.

~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~

I've decided that I need to get out of the house and meet up with some of my friends. Maybe they can help cheer me up. I've stayed friends with some people from school, especially my best friend Frank. Frank and I have always been close, because we have known each other since we were little kids. I've never told anybody this but when we were in school together, I used to like Frank more than friends should like each other. The reason I never told anyone this is because from the way I saw things, it would ruin our friendship. Even if he liked me back- which is extremely unlikely- it would have probably wrecked our friendship, and I didn't want that to happen. So I just ignored it. After all, it was probably just some stupid schoolgirl crush. But that stupid schoolgirl crush never went away. I still love Frank just as much as I did all those years ago.

I finally call up Frank and some of my other friends, but they were all busy. All except Frank. To my delight, one of his other friends had cancelled plans that they had, due to illness or something. Which wasn't good... for them. But it means that I have Frank to myself.

Half an hour later, he turns up at my door and we drive into town together. In the car, I can't help but feel the nerves in my stomach at being that close to him. We decide to get a coffee, since we both have a strange addiction to it. When we're sat down at a table in the back corner of the coffee shop, I tell him everything.

"Oh Frank, I don't know what to do!" I exclaim after telling my story. "I've never even met this girl and my parents want me to marry her! I want to make my parents happy, but you know that I can't!" Frank is the only person I've told about my sexuality, and he was very understanding and he accepted it.

I let my head fall into my hands and I claw at my cheeks in frustration, sighing deeply. Then Frank took me by surprise when he lifted my chin up, so that I was staring into his gorgeous hazel eyes. I gasp.

"What?" Frank asks, a little confused.

"Nothing." I lie "You just scared me." I add with a false laugh. The real reason I gasped was because I had forgotten how truly beautiful Frank is. His big, hazel eyes, full of innocence and laughter. His cute little nose, perfectly straight and small. His well defined cheekbones that make him look like he's been carved by some godly being or something. His lips, perfect and pink, concealing his perfect white teeth. His amazing smile that lights up a room and makes me want to jump him. I'm close to doing just that right now, so I look away, realising that I had been staring. Frank remains where he is, just inches away from me, our noses nearly meeting. He clears his throat and I look back up at him. As we stare into eachothers eyes, Frank does something that surprised the both of us. He kisses me.

After a couple of seconds, he pulls back, with a hint of pain in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Gerard. I have to go." He says as his cheeks start flushing a shade of pale pink.

To my surprise, a little tear escapes from the corner of my eyes, and as I watch Frank walk away I whisper to myself. "I love you Frank." The truth doesn't really shock me, because deep inside I know it's true. It's something I've wanted to say ever since high school.

I run home, the tears falling uncontrollably now. When I get back to the house, it's empty so I take my chance. I stumble down the stairs into my room and grab a suitcase from under my bed. I pick up my sketch book, which contains more than a few drawings of Frank, and some pencils. I take a moment to flick through the book, looking at each drawing. Some of the pictures are observational, but some are of Frank and I together, in situations that I so wish were real. It's then that I realize, I'm very much in love with Frank Iero. Wiping away more tears, I finish packing my suitcase.

I'm just about to leave the house, when I stop and think. I walk into the kitchen and take out a pen and paper from the drawer and start writing.

Mom and Dad,

I know everybody expects me to marry the girl you have planned for me. Even though it's hard for me to dishonour you, it's even harder to dishonour my heart. I can't marry someone that I don't love.

I also have a confession to make. I'm gay, and I'm in love with a man who will never love me back. I know you guys won't accept me for who I am, so I've decided to leave instead of enduring the pain of having my own parents kick me out. Don't bother looking for me- not that you'll even want to. I just want you to know that what you're trying to make me do is wrong. I don't care what bullshit you have to say in response to this, but I have to let you know how I feel. People shouldn't be forced into love. Love is a natural thing, and I want to find it on my own. That's the only way I'll ever be truly happy, if I find my own person to love. But don't worry, I won't be getting married any time soon, because the man I love doesn't even know that I love him. If one day I do decide to get married, you'll hear from me, and I hope you love me enough to come to the wedding.

I love you guys so much, and I'm so sorry for doing this,

All my love, Gerard.

(ps. Tell Frank I said goodbye. I tried to stop myself feeling like this, but I just can't. I'm sorry.)


After putting the letter on the table, I leave the house.

I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm going to do, but I just have to get away from the pain I feel everyday. The longing I feel for my best friend is unbearable. Knowing that I can never have him tears me apart, and I can't bear the aching hole in my heart any longer.

~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~ (One month later)~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~

It's been a few weeks since I left and I've rented an apartment. I never believed the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" before, but now I know too well. My heart still aches and yearns for the people I left behind. I regret running away, but I can't go back now. I know if I go back now I will be shunned by my family and friends.

I'm not eating properly and I've lost a hell of a lot of weight. Everytime I do eat I can't keep it down so I just don't bother anymore. All I do is work and sleep, and I haven't made any friends. I've started to feel lonely and I wish Frank was here. But he knows that I love him, and he probably hates me now. Oh god, this is such a mess...

~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~

It's been about a month or so since I ran away and I am lying on my bed just thinking about the mess I've made of my life. I move on to thinking about Frank again. Not an hour has gone by since I left home where I haven't thought about Frank. He's constantly on my mind, and the hole in my heart gets bigger by the day. My thoughts are interrupted by a light tap at the door that brings me back to reality. I get up slowly and cautiously make my way over to the door. I have no idea who it could be, because I told no one where I went and I haven't met anybody since coming here. I reach the door and look through the peep hole. When I see who it is, all breath leaves my body and I almost pass out. How is he even here?!?!?!

I open the door.

"Gerard!!!" I'm attacked in a hug.

"Frank!" I reply, equally shocked as he steps away from me. "What are you doing here? How did you fi-" I'm interrupted by Frank placing a finger to my lips.

When he takes it away again, there is a silence as we gaze into eachothers eyes. After a few breathtaking moments of staring into those beautiful eyes of his, he takes my face in his two gentle hands and crushes our lips together. This kiss lasted a good couple of minutes before he pulls away again.

"Gerard, what the hell?" He exclaims, less calm than before. "Why did you run away? Everyone's been worried sick about you!"

I blink a few times, bewildered by his sudden mood swing. "What? They don't hate me?"

"Of course they don't. When your parents showed me that letter, they were in tears. But not because of the marriage thing, because they were worried. Your parents never wanted the marriage to take place, Gee."

"What? Why were they making me then?"

"The girls parents wanted it to happen and your mom and dad thought they were doing the right thing. They don't care if you don't marry that girl. In fact, I witnessed them both telling the girls parents that they can shove the marriage up their asses!" I chuckle at that statement.

"But, wait... I'm gay... How are they on that?"

"They took it a little hard at first, but they realised that you loved me and they knew I loved you back. After that, they came round to the idea and they just want you to be happy."

"You... Love me?" He rolls his eyes.

"No, I just searched every fucking place I came across for two months to find you because I hate you." He says, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Of course I fucking love you, you moron. I've loved you ever since high school, and everybody but you realised it."

"Are you kidding me? I've loved you for that long and all this time we could have been together? Wait, do you... want to be together?"

"Yes. Fucking yes, you soppy bastard." He leans in and kisses me. We break apart after a few minutes.

"Yes, but I'm YOUR soppy bastard."


~'~.~'~.~'~.~'~.~

Narrator's POV

It's been two years since Gerard and Frank declared their love for eachother. Gerard moved back to Belleville and bought an apartment with Frank closer to home. His parents welcomed him back with open arms and they let him live his life how he wanted.

Today is the day that Gerard and Frank are going to get married. After one and a half years, Frank proposed to Gerard, who happily accepted the offer. And now, in front of a room full of people, they exchange their vows, the day going perfectly for the loved up couple. What makes the day even more perfect for them is the fact that their parents are ther on the front row, supporting them all the way.

~THE END~

Okay, I know this is cheesy as fuck. What can I say, I was like 12 or something and amazingly shit at English :D
Sign up to rate and review this story