Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Strange Wine

Exile Part I

by C_P_Apprentice 1 review

The aftermath of the war on friendships and lives. If you want to read more, let me know.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2012-05-15 - Updated: 2012-05-15 - 5552 words

0Unrated


Daily Prophet Special Issue

/ /

Harry Potter the Savior of the Wizarding World!

/ /

The Ministry of Magic has officially proclaimed that You-Know-Who is dead, for certain this time. In astunning display of unprecedented magic, courage, and skill, Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, struck down You-Know-Who on the front lawn of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.



Since the death of Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter, hasn't been seen at Hogwarts until just recently when rumors began circulating that the exiled hero was making his way once more back towards the bastion of learning. The underground resistance movement, code named Potter Watch, reported that the famed boy hero was going to fight He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named personally on the old hallowed ground of Hogwarts where the aged Headmaster was buried once and for all. For once, these rumors proved to be true a few weeks later when the Dark Lord indeed attacked the castle and briefly occupied it's halls of learning.



There was an early report of the Boy-Who-Lived appearing in Hogsmeade that was squashed by the occupation of the Death Eaters. Sources close to the boy say that somehow he appeared in Hogwarts without moving through the village, and rumors abound as to how he might have come to be in the castle while a full force of Death Eaters were inside and outside of the castle. After securing several hallways and running off both the Carrows as well as Headmaster Severus Snape, Mister Potter congregated all the students in the Great Hall for the announcement of an evacuation.



While Transfiguration Professor Minerva McGonagall organized the students to evacuate the castle there was a small scuffle whereby three quarters of the school stood by the Boy-Who-Lived and supported his bid for freedom and to take down the Dark Lord. While early estimates put the invading dark army at nearly a hundred humans strong, there were also other dark creatures such as werewolves, vampires, trolls, and even giants that were invading the castle.



Many of the survivors tell of the heart-wrenching tale of how they had been told that Harry Potter was killed in action against You-Know-Who, bravely facing down the Dark wizard to be cut down early on in the battle. It was not until the final confrontation within the Great Hall of Hogwarts that Mister Potter appeared out of thin air to confront the dark wizard. After saving long time friend Ron Weasley's mother from death by the Killing Curse, the two wizards dueled with what was said to be a spectacular display of power and skill.



Ultimately, the dark wizard met his fate at the end of Harry Potter's wand. Many eyewitnesses report that the Dark Lord's wand had refused to work for him at the crucial second and had allowed Mister Potter to get in a good curse. While reports are conflicting about which curse finally ended the reign of the most evil Dark Lord in history, the fact that he is now gone for certain is verified by both the Ministry of Magic and Gringott's bank.



The proud heroic trio of Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter, could be seen shaking hands and congratulating those that had survived while mourning those that had not. While the entire community grieves for the loss of their loved one's, several prominent figures remain in the public mind as the brutality of the war comes home. These include the death of Amelia Bones, Rufus Scrimgeour, Florean Fortesque, and Anton Jiggers. All noted members of society and pillars of their respected professions. All will be missed.



For everything that has been happening recently, this paper and this reporter would be willing to nominate Harry Potter and his friends for the Order of Merlin First Class. War heroes of this caliber need to be honored among all the others such as Albus Dumbledore and his brother Aberforth. Never again shall an evil such as the Dark Lord be permutated upon the innocent lives of the magical world, never again shall the citizens fail to hold the Ministry of Magic accountable for not doing the most basic of jobs.





Witch Weekly Special Issue



Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom both named Bachelor of the Year

/ /

In a surprise twist for this publication the two recently graduated Hogwarts students have both been nominated and won for bachelor of the year. The voting took place from June until just recently before the publication had to go to print and saw a massive increase in the readership.



Both boys were sorted into Gryffindor during their first year and have remained stalwart friends for the last seven years. Longbottom, it is said, was recently attached to Hannah Abbot of Hufflepuff, but the rumors have been unsubstantiated thus far. Until there's a ring on the blonde girl's finger, there's still hope, ladies.



As for Potter, there have been rumors circulating for years about his love life. Two years ago the Daily Prophet reported a horrid love triangle with Miss Hermione Granger, also of Gryffindor and recent fame from the defeat of You-Know-Who. Recently the rumor mill around Hogwarts have had him attached to Cho Chang of Ravenclaw, Parvarti Patil of Gryffindor and most recently Ginevra Weasley, also of Gryffindor.



Longbottom and Potter are both slated to receive awards from the Ministry later this summer for their services during the recent tragic war. Longbottom to receive the Order of Merlin second class for his heroic actions in the final battle against You-Know-Who. The girls have been writing in all over the country thrilled by the announcement as well as the newly published photos of the young heir. While scarred, many readers have written in their compliments saying that he looks only more heroic and dashing with the small burn scars still left over from the destruction of the Hogwarts Sorting Hat.



Another boon for any ladies hoping to win the young Longbottom heir's heart is that he is good at Herbology and is set to take over the seat on the Wizengamot left vacant after his parents were brutally attacked in 1981. He, along with several other young people, are set to take over their family seats left vacant due to recent tragedies and have openly promised to push for reform so that the horrors of the last war do not repeat themselves. An outspoken and rather rich lord that doesn't mind getting down and dirty, what more could a girl really ask for?







Daily Prophet

July 1998



/Hundreds flee from Britain to be with family abroad/

/ /

The recent war has taken atoll on all the families of Britain and indeed many have simply given up trying to keep their roots here in their home country. Many people that have spoken to or written in to this publication have announced that while they know that the war has ended, their fear of what the Ministry is to do now as well as the need to be with family has pushed them to move elsewhere. Indeed several of our own staff members have taken up their homes and moved away to be with more family somewhere amiable to their current situation.



Acting Minister of Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt had this to say on the announcement. "While we are saddened to loose so many of our citizens, I cannot disagree with their reasoning. Families have been torn asunder by this recent war and the need to be close to others, or to simply start a new life is a powerful motivation. The Ministry will be doing everything in it's power to foster a good relationship with other nations of the world to help ease the trouble of those leaving the country and will offer return to any whom choose to utilize it within five years. The magical governments of France, Spain, and the United States have all pledged their commitment to helping to relocate our troubled citizens."



Many in the community have lambasted the Ministry's response. One concerned parent that didn't wish to be named had this to say. "So many people leaving, there won't be enough to staff the government, let alone Diagon Alley or Hogwarts. My children will be attending the institution that has fostered so many intelligent and thoughtful young people in this country no matter the fright caused by the recent movements."



One well known person to be leaving the country is Andromeda Tonks, nee Black. She's publicly stated that with the deaths of her husband, daughter and son-in-law, she sees nothing left here for herself and her grandson. The child of a werewolf and a human, the child is thought to be sought for experimentation before the end of the war, but with the possibility of him living well past the age of ten, where most crosses were to have known to have died, then she is looking for making the best of the situation. She told this reporter that she was taking up roost somewhere in the Middle East where she still has some family from her mother's side.



The hardest hit for the actions of many would be the Ministry, but an overlooked possibility is that of Hogwarts. With so many parents leaving the country with their under aged children, many of whom have already started Hogwarts, the class sizes are expected to drop considerably when school comes back in September. Hogwarts Headmistress Minerva McGonagall has assured parents that the school will be opening on time, regardless of the construction efforts that are still underway to repair the damage done from the battle a scant month ago.



"These latest tragedies will in no way effect the classes to begin on September first." The Headmistress told this reporter over tea in her new office. "All of our seasoned professors are due to return with a few replacements for potions, defense against the dark arts, and muggle studies. Students can be assured that any issues occurring outside these walls will be taken into account and we are hoping that many parents understand that their classes will be noticeably smaller than in previous years."



While both the Ministry and the staff at Hogwarts are scrambling for parents to remain in the country, some Hogwarts alumni are pitching in.



"While we can't donate some money, we can help with the construction efforts." Ronald Weasley was saying as he stood with long time gal-pal and girlfriend Hermione Granger on his arm. "It feels good to be giving back to the school that gave us so much in the last seven years. The house elves have been helping out a lot and we owe it to them to help rebuild their home." Nothing more was said as he was dragged away by a rather amorous Hermione Granger.



Indeed the house elves and even the centaurs of the Forbidden Forest are doing their best to help with the reconstruction, some knowing that Hogwarts will be a different school just as the nation is going to be different. Others have their own motives as they remember the reign of terror of Headmaster Severus Snape from the year previous. All of our hearts and minds go out to those Hogwarts students helping with the reconstruction effort and any donations to Hogwarts can be sent there through the Daily Prophet.





Daily Prophet

July 1998



New Wizengamot sworn in, first since You-Know-Who disbanded



While many people were living in fear last year about being hunted down by some of the death squads rumored to be coming up through the Ministry, those lawmakers that had been stalwartly and stead fatedly holding the country together, was disbanded.



Not many people paid attention to the news just a year ago that announced the official end to the governing body, the Wizengamot as they were too busy with their own lives. However, the new administration, led by Minister Pius Thicknease, now shown to be in league with You-Know-Who, did just that. The body of witches and wizards that helped to make our society great, was being put aside for a single dictatorship with You-Know-Who behind the scenes moving everything so that he would be in control in an easy and relatively bloodless coup.



The Wizengamot was formed some thousand years ago from like-minded wizards of the time. It was said that this was borne out of the Gryffindor council that first put together the magical government of Britain. Much of this history is lost in the mists of time, but what is known for sure is that the body is as old as the Ministry itself. Many of the members are indeed heirs to the names and legacies of those first several families that banded together to form the council.



Out of the original sixty-five members that had been present with the body was disbanded, several have been replaced. Much of the younger generation has stepped forward to take their place in the governing body to replace those that have died in the conflict within the last year. While others have simply stepped aside to allow regents to take their places; the recent exodus of people have left some seats vacant for others to come up through the lines to take control over.



A notable list of recent appointments includes Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Susan Bones, Daphne Greengrass, and Draco Malfoy. For Longbottom, Potter, Greengrass and Bones, the appointments come from the deaths of their last head of houses or the regents installed through their respective guardians. The name of Malfoy, however has recently taken a hit due to the now public declaration that Lucius Malfoy was a former and active Death Eater at the time of the final battle at Hogwarts.



Salvation from a prison sentence for the younger Malfoy only came in the unexpected testimonies of Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. Granger and Weasley testified before acourt of international cooperation that Malfoy was frightened and only acted for the safety of his own family, that while Lucius was a sadistic bastard, that Draco was pressured to do so because of threats to his family. The pair wound a story of a wounded Malfoy seeking them out during the battle to reconcile, only to be cursed by his longtime friends and bodyguards Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. While rumored to have even more substantial evidence to the Malfoy family being vindicated, Harry Potter was not asked to take the stand.



Now it seems that with some young blood now pumping through the aging veins of the magical law system, that many changes are to come. Neville Longbottom has been rather outspoken recently about the injustices seen during the war to the sentient magical creatures such as centaurs and house elves. It's rumored that he is co-authoring some legislation with Susan Bones and Hermione Granger to fix many of the prejudices that exist within Ministry hiring policies.



Reformation is slow coming as some of the older members of the esteemed body are fighting back with their own legislation that is starting to gain more and more momentum. Because of the loss of so many magical beings during the last war, it might be more advantageous for the Ministry to focus outward on the magical populace as awhole. It's not set in stone yet, but many proponents of the new "Magical Reformation Bill" have spoken out against those of the new blood.



"These youngsters just don't know what they're doing. They should be more concerned about finding heirs than for the governing of the magical world. Let's just leave it to those politicians that have been doing this thing for years." One esteemed member commented from the pulpit of his own box within the Wizengamot chambers. His views were carried by many that remembered the reforms attempted after the last defeat of You-Know-Who.



With the dark wizard confirmed to be dead this time, the younger generation with Lord Longbottom in the lead is spearheading more and more reforms into the Ministry. Minister Shacklebolt, confirmed by the esteemed body just last week, has taken up the notice that there will be changes and has publicly said that he will support those bills that he feels are a benefit to the community as whole. With tenacious fighters like Lord Longbottom and Lady Bones heading the reform movement, the magical people are just waiting to see what to come next.



Witch Weekly

August 1998



The fashionable walk the red carpet for the Ministry

/ /

While the official list of those set to receive various Order of Merlin awards for services to the magical community has been known for the last two months, the event was still the place to be last Saturday night. Hundreds of people had lined the streets of Diagon Alley to watch those that would be receiving that prestigious award arrive in style to the Ministry. While still under some scrutiny for administrative spending, the Ministry put an all out in the public display of the candidates for the awards.



The most anticipated couple of the evening was of course war heroes Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. Both arrived in high spirits and waved at the reporters, stopping for several photos that grace the interior pages of this publication (pages three and four). Granger wore a new style by up and coming design superstar Sally-Anne Perks. An off the shoulder number in a light blue that brought out the color of her eyes, the woman was stunning and seemed to be very happy with the man on her arm.



Ronald Weasley was all smiles as he walked the red carpet with the love of his life on his arm. He was decked out in a suit and robe combination tailored by White's House of fine Wizard Wear. The black tuxedo gave off an air of importance to the ceremony and made him the catch of the day on many witches' lists. Even with Granger there on his arm he had several fans asking for him to sign various portions of their body, including one young lady identified as Romilda Vane of Gryffindor whom asked him to sign her exposed cleavage (which he did happily even while Miss Granger stood by and glared at him).



Other notables included Second Class winner Neville Longbottom, whom attended with new flame Hannah Abbott. While it hasn't been confirmed in the recent weeks, the couple has been seen together quite often around Hogwarts and the rebuilt village of Hogsmeade nearby. Miss Abbott was wearing a grey one shoulder piece from Gladrags' Glamorous Witches collection that showed off much of her legs and her thighs. Her escort was wearing a suit of emerald green with a matching deep purple robe that showed off well with the lights of the flashbulbs of the many cameras. Both were very willing to stop and give a few quotes to the waiting reporters nearby.



"We're much honored to be accepting these awards." Stated Lord Longbottom when we could get him alone for a small interview. "It's the responsibility of every magical citizen to stand up for what they believe in. What we did was nothing extraordinary, but we are still more than thrilled to be recognized for our accomplishments in the last year." He was led away by Miss Abbott before any more questions could be asked, but it was clear that they saw a great opportunity for the magical community as a whole.



While his message might have been rather gloomy, the all smiles and brilliantly looking Lord Longbottom had many a witch swooning under every word. Other couples that came included the Minister himself escorted by Lady Hestia Jones. Miss Jones was recently an Auror while the Minister had been in the same department. It's rumored that the two sparked a love interest after the young lady had been injured and was no longer able to perform her duty to the magical community. While none of the rumors have been substantiated, it doesn't stop some witches from commenting that she would be a good catch and a good anchor for the young politician.



Several other candidates for various awards included Susan Bones, Ginevra Weasley, Remus Lupin, Harry Potter, and Nymphadora Tonks. While some of the awards will be given to kin post-humorously, those that could attend were there in their entire splendor.





Daily Prophet

Special Edition

August 1998



Stirring speech from muggle born wakes up magical community

/ /

Saturday was the annual Ministerial ball and honor ceremony for those that had served their magical community in the last year. While a normally subdued event with little going on during the year, the last year of war has opened up the community to a new list of honored heroes.



War heroes such as Neville Longbottom, Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley, and Harry Potter, were allowed acertain time to speak on their behalves and the honor of receiving the award. The three hour presentation was scheduled so that the magical community would have a means of listening in the on the Wizarding Wireless and not to get too long there was a limit to how much each speaker was allowed.



Most of the speeches from the second class winners were generic. Most thanked their peers in the Ministry for giving them the award and for recognizing them for doing their duty to their country. A notable exception was when Neville Longbottom went into a speech about the effectiveness of the Ministry and how we must all stand behind the government during this time of trouble. This sentiment was echoed in the words of Ronald Weasley when he received his reward close to the end of the ceremony.



"As my good friend Neville has already said, the magical community as a whole needs to stand up for what it believes in. Standing up here on this stage or seated down there in the front row, are names of people that have done what is right and not what is easy. We saw something that needed to be changed and we stood up and said that we were not going to take it anymore. We were going to fight to the last breath until this injustice had stopped and we were not going to be stopped. Too many times during the war did someone tell us that what we were doing was foolish, or to give up, but we didn't listen to them. We stuck to what we knew to be true and carried on through the end of the war. Now, we have a duty to push through and make sure that what has happened in the last two years does not happen once more."



The words of Mister Weasley caused many to weep in remembrance of those that had been lost during the last few years of strife. In a standing ovation the Minister openly praised Mister Weasley for his encouraging remarks and his unwavering support of the light cause during the last year. The last two recipients of the awards for the evening were Hermione Granger and Mister Harry Potter. Miss Granger gave a sweeping speech to the masses through the wireless. She not only called for a remembrance of the last year, but a complete absolution of the old system of government.



"....corrupt and easily bribed." Were words that she used to describe the old administration and pounded her fist on the podium in righteous fury when she spoke of the "overly inflated egos of high ranking bigots."



"As a muggle born " Miss Granger expounded towards the end of her speech on inequality "I looked forward to the fascinating world of magic. I believed in the fairy tales told to muggle children of magic that it could solve all of your problems that it is awondrous thing to behold. While we hold magic dear and use it for nearly everything, some of the wonder of the powers of magic have been diluted by the utter bigotry of those that use it. Names such as half-breed and mudblood are far too common and while the last administration sat back and did nothing, hundred of bright minds were turned away simply for being born differently. When I first considered what lay beyond the halls of Hogwarts for me, I was told that I would be given a menial job as someone's deputy deputy secretary because I didn't have the right connections."



Miss Granger's speech, while clearly going over the time limit allotted to her, spurred reaction in those that were in attendance and those that were sitting at home. In the end she concluded that the magical people needed to "tear down the walls separating each other, to learn more about someone before judging them" and that "ability means more than blood." It was to a standing ovation and many tears that Miss Granger received her award and stepped lightly from the stage. The applause lasted until the moderator had to cut the ceremony off as the allotted time had already passed.



Many in the community are voicing their agreement with Miss Granger's ideas. For further information on what was said, see the full transcript of the ceremony on pages five and six and the editorial section on pages nine and ten. For full colored photos of the event and the presentation of the medals of Honor, see pages eleven and twelve.









Witch Weekly

October 1998



Wedding of the Year: Bachelorette no more



While in Hogwarts, Ginevra Weasley was connected to many different boys from different houses. These included Michael Corner of Ravenclaw, Dean Thomas of Gryffindor, Justin Flinch-Fletchley of Hufflepuff and even Draco Malfoy of Slytherin. Now it would appear that Miss Weasley has finally found her Prince Charming.



A statement from the family says that the two met during their Hogwarts years and grew quite close to one another. They had always been friends since Miss Weasley's fourth year, but it was not until her sixth year (under the reign of terror of Headmaster Severus Snape) that the two lovebirds truly found one another. It's a fairy tale if there ever was one.



While her brother was off finding a way to defeat You-Know-Who with Hermione Granger, Miss Weasley began a small resistance movement within Hogwarts. Codenamed Dumbledore's Army, Miss Weasley along with Neville Longbottom attempted to undermine the efforts of Severus Snape and the Carrow twins to convert the prestigious school of learning into little more than a breeding ground for the dark arts. It was into this strife that the two found each other and truly fell in love.



[/"We were always prancing around one another." Miss Weasley spoke as her fianc
Sign up to rate and review this story