Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Hurricane

Chapter Five

by echeloncookie 3 reviews

**A/N: Please read the longer note included in the story.** Jared and Skyla have a fight about Shannon; Jared gets advice from Shannon and Tomo about his nightmares.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2012-05-19 - Updated: 2012-05-19 - 3825 words - Complete

5Exciting
A/N: I have never written anything like this before in my life, EVER. (you lie, girl, you just reread Finding Jared and there's shit like that in there!!) ANYWAYS - My beta helped me lots, and I have to give some credit to a book I'm reading for the help. xD I love writing, I'm no noob, but this kind of shit is new to me and I don't even like writing about it. So if you have any criticism, be gentle & kind & tell me how I can do better. R&R, as always. Thanks! -echeloncookie





HURRICANE

CHAPTER FIVE


Tomo leaned against the sink and crossed his arms. “You know what? I don't. So tell me.”

Jared leaned up off of the sink. “It's just... ever since I was kidnapped, I've been having nightmares. Skyla knows about them, but I lied to her about the extent of the nightmares.”

Tomo thought about it for a minute. “I think you should tell Shannon. Everything. You can tell Skyla later.”

Jared sighed and left the bathroom. Tomo followed him. “I'm just saying-” Tomo started.

“Don't worry about it. I'll tell them when I'm ready,” Jared told him. He walked into the living room and saw Shannon and Rippley sitting on the couch he was asleep on. He glared at the monkey, and headed back into the kitchen to get him a banana. He then sat down beside them and began feeding Rippley pieces of banana. He sighed.

“What is it?” Shannon asked him. “You only sigh like that when you have to tell me something.”

Jared quickly looked back over his shoulder to make sure Skyla wasn't coming into the room, and he spilled the beans to Shannon about everything. When he finished, he waited to see Shannon's reaction.

“Maybe you should, you know...” Shannon hinted. Jared looked at him like he was speaking gibberish.

“Maybe I should what?” Jared asked him. Shannon covered his face with his hands and Rippley screeched.

“He's trying to be polite in saying that maybe you should sleep with Skyla,” Tomo said from behind him. He walked over to sit beside them and Rippley immediately jumped in his hood and began building a nest.

Jared sighed. He had been putting it off until he could actually verify that they couldn't get their marriage annulled; he noticed that each time he made a move to kiss Skyla she pushed him away like he was a plate of brussels sprouts. He rubbed his temples to get rid of the throbbing headache he had forming and looked at Rippley looking at him.

“Maybe. I dunno. I have a headache from lack of sleep; I'm going back to sleep,” he told them. He got up and walked swiftly to his room and shut the door. He shut his blinds and flopped on his bed, hoping sleep would come easy; about ten minutes later he heard his door open and close and he knew, somehow, it was Skyla. He sat up and looked at her.

“You alright?” she asked him. She sat beside him and put her arm around his shoulders. He studied her face and noticed that her clear jade-green eyes were full of concern. After a few seconds of hesitation, he grabbed Skyla and kissed her. That familiar shock surged through them both, stronger than ever, and Skyla pushed him away. Jared just stared at her.

“Why?” he asked her. “Why did you push me away?”

Skyla shrugged. She felt Jared get up off of the bed and watched as he paced the room. Then the next words out of his mouth stunned her, and obviously himself as well.

“I think we should go ahead and have sex.” Jared plopped down in his armchair. Skyla's eyes widened.

“Wh-what?” she asked him, stunned. She sat down on the edge of his bed.

“Yeah,” he told her. “We're still a bit distant and I think if we had sex we'd grow closer.”

“Okay now that's a lie!” Skyla crossed her arms.

Jared crossed the room in two strides and pushed her on the bed. Skyla looked at Jared in his clear blue eyes and didn't flinch; she held his gaze while he held her down on the bed. She breathed and noticed her breaths were ragged from nervousness. Jared let go of her wrists and helped her off the bed.

“Shh...” he whispered to her as he placed his finger on her lips. Skyla watched him as he walked to the door and left. She sat back down on the bed and began tapping her foot nervously. Her foot tapping drove her insane and she soon curled up into a ball and fell asleep on Jared's bed.

While she was asleep, Jared tried to get everyone out of the house so he and Skyla could talk privately. He checked each and every room, and they were all empty. He then headed toward the living room and saw Shannon and Tomo in there talking to Emma and Vicki. He went and pulled Shannon away.

“I need some privacy with Skyla,” he whispered. “Just for a few minutes.”

“Whatever,” Shannon told him and asked Tomo, Emma, and Vicki to come outside with him while Jared and Skyla talked. Jared watched them outside and hurried back to his room with two bottles of water.

The first thing he noticed when he got to his room was how quiet it was. Then he noticed that Skyla was curled up on his bed, asleep. He walked over to her and shook her awake. “Skyla!”

“Hmm?” she mumbled. “Oh, shit!”

“Hey, don't worry about it. Listen, how about we go back to the river park today and take some stuff for like a picnic or something?” Jared asked her with a grin.

Skyla scowled. “We aren't prowling around the rocks are we?” she asked him.

“I'll carry you.” Jared laid back on the bed and looked at his BlackBerry for a few seconds before tossing it above his head.

“Aww. Okay. Then we'll go. What time should we leave?” Skyla asked him. She looked at the clock and noticed that it was going on noon. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and batted her eyelashes at him.

“Maybe around five-thirty?” Jared began rubbing her shoulders.

“Can I go and do some things while we're waiting?” she asked him as she leaned against his chest.

“Yes, of course,” he told her. Skyla skipped off to her room and shut the door; she looked around and tried to figure out what on earth she could bring to the river park. She grabbed a change of clothes and turned around to go to the bathroom to shower and was promptly scared by Jared.

“God! Why is it that every time I go to do something, you scare me?” she asked him.

Jared shrugged. “I dunno. But I'm going to stay in here until you come back.”

Skyla threw her hands up in surrender. “Sure. Fine. Whatever.” She walked to the bathroom and took a brisk shower, washing her hair and her body twice each because her mind was racing. When she got out, she changed into the shorts and shirt she had brought with her and concentrated her mind on blow-drying her hair. Within thirty minutes, her long, light auburn hair was hanging to her waist, each strand straighter than a pencil. She brushed her teeth quickly and scurried back to her room.

Jared did a double take when he watched her walk in. “Your hair is lighter than it was the last time you wore it down!”

“Well, I'm going to put it up so it stays out of my way,” Skyla told him.

“No, don't. Your hair is pretty when it is down,” Jared said.

“It's too late to gain Brownie points with me.” Skyla walked around and was busy stuffing a change of clothes in her bag. She shook it at him. “Just in case I fall in again.”

Jared crossed his arms. “You won't fall in again!”

Skyla scoffed. “They say that about lightning not hitting the same place twice, too.” She grabbed the bag and tossed it onto her pillows. She turned back around to tell Jared something, but he was gone.

Jared walked in his room and locked the door. “Damn her!” he thought as he fought the urge to throw his stuff around his room. She should know that he would never let her fall in on purpose. He sat in his armchair and studied the books on his bookshelf for hours, never getting up to get one down. His mind mulled over how self-conscious she was being, from wearing a dark colored tee shirt to packing the extra set of clothes. He felt bad about arguing with her, so he got up and headed back to see Skyla in her room. She was curled up on her bed, reading.

“What do you want?” she asked him as she closed her book.

“I came to apologize,” he told her. He went and sat down on the foot of her bed and looked at her illuminated clock; it showed they had an hour and a half before they were supposed to go to the river park.

“Okay. You apologized. What else do you want?” she asked him.

“Are we still going to the river park?” he asked, hopeful. She glared at him.

“I dunno, are we?” she asked him coolly.

“I was hoping we were,” Jared told her. He gave her a peck on the cheek. “We have like an hour until we're supposed to leave. What can I do to pass that time?”

“Take a shower. Eat. Play on your BlackBerry.” Skyla picked her book up and began reading where she left off.

Jared sighed and left. He was going to start with taking a shower; it only took him a good ten minutes to wash off. As he was changing into clean clothes, he noticed the time and hurried to finish getting ready. He ran his fingers through his hair as he walked toward Skyla's room and noticed she was closing the door to her room. She handed him his wallet and his BlackBerry with a simple, “You left these in my room,” and together they walked toward the kitchen.

“You get some things you like, and I'll get some things I like,” Jared told Skyla.

“I'll eat whatever you eat,” she told him. Together they packed a small picnic basket full of things they could eat, and stuffed ice packs in around them if they needed to be chilled. Jared grabbed the basket and led Skyla out of the house. Jared handed her his wallet to put in her purse.

“And what if we get pulled over by the cops?” she asked him.

“That's why you have my wallet.” Jared grinned and put the basket in the backseat of his Cobra. He and Skyla got in the car and drove toward the river park.

“I'm glad you agreed to still come with me,” Jared told her as he parked his car in a spot where no one could see it. They looked out at a beautiful sunset before climbing up the rocks. “Now, give me your hand.”

Skyla did so, and he began guiding her up the rocks to a small ledge that jutted out over the water. He would stop every so often and correct her footing so she wouldn't fall again. When they finally got on the ledge, Jared grabbed her hand and pulled her up beside him.

“Thanks for helping me this time,” she told him. She leaned into him for a hug.

“No problem.” Jared helped her sit down and he wrapped his arms around her while they watched the sun finish setting.

“Hey I think we should go ahead and eat that stuff we brought before the ice packs melt,” Skyla said suddenly.

Jared got up and stumbled to his car. He unlocked the driver's side and got the basket out of the backseat; sure enough, there was a little wet spot on the seat from an ice pack. He chose to ignore it for now.

“Here's the basket!” he called to Skyla. He handed it to her as he sat down on the ground.

Skyla pulled out a bunch of green grapes and began eating them. She pulled out some paper towels and put them on one. Jared pulled out a plastic container full of strawberries and set them down between him and Skyla along with two bottles of water. He handed one to Skyla as he grabbed a few strawberries out of the container.

“Want one?” he asked her. She shook her head no.

“Not right now. Maybe later.” Skyla looked out toward the darkening sky as she took a sip of her water. She looked in their basket and noticed all they had brought was fruit. She reached in and pulled out a banana and began eating it.

Jared, who was watching the little swirls in the water pass them by, was now obsessed with watching Skyla eat the banana. He took a drink of water and ate a few grapes to try and distract his mind from the way she bit into it, slid her lips down the fruit, oh, man.... He reached into the basket and pulled out an apple and began eating it. He had only took four bites when he had to quit because he felt full. He laid down on his back and looked up at all of the stars in the twilit sky.

“You seem tired,” Skyla pointed out. She leaned back on her elbows and looked at Jared.

“I'm not, I'm just... thinking. Or at least trying to. All my thoughts are one big mush pile right now,” Jared admitted.

“I bet if you go to sleep your mind will clear up a whole lot,” Skyla told him. She reached over and got a few strawberries; Jared watched her as she bit into one.

“Do you not notice what you are doing? You are practically seducing me with the way you were eating your banana and strawberries... it's like you just want to see me suffer or something!” he exclaimed. He got up and walked back to his car, full of embarrassment.

Skyla began packing up their basket. She threw everything into the basket haphazardly, not caring about whether something got bruised, broken, or punctured. She grabbed the basket and carried it back to Jared's car, getting in the passenger's side with it.

“Can you put that in the trunk, please?” Jared asked her. She got back out of the car and carried it around to the trunk.

“Can you at least pop the trunk?” she asked him. She heard the dull clunk of the trunk popping open and she lifted it up far enough to put the basket in and then she closed it quickly.

Jared sighed sadly. This wasn't going how he had planned; he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. When he heard the passenger's side door open, he opened his eyes and looked at Skyla. She looked back at him.

“So?” she asked him quietly. She leaned forward so her hair would fall over her shoulder.

Jared leaned over and kissed her. Skyla pulled away and smiled shyly as her face turned cherry red.

“I can't do anything sitting right here,” Jared complained. He began climbing into the backseat and a few moments later, he pulled Skyla over the passenger's seat. He turned Skyla back toward him and gave her a long kiss.

Within moments, their hearts were pounding as they ditched their clothes. One of Skyla's shoes landed in the driver's seat; Jared's shirt landed in the floorboard on the passenger's side. Their underwear was in the floorboard, long forgotten. Skyla's heart fluttered when she realized that they were pressed together, skin-to-skin, with no clothes between them. She felt Jared's hands sliding up and down her waist, and the way it felt was driving her insane. She ran her hands up to his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.

“God, you're gorgeous,” Jared whispered in her ear. He reached down and began lightly stroking her thighs; she moaned softly and moved her hands to his chest. The familiar shock whenever their skin touched was a thing of the past; they gasped, moaned, and giggled as they became familiar with each others' body and movements. Their sweat mingled as they tumbled around on the backseat of his car, Jared ending up back on top. He leaned back down and kissed Skyla on her lips, her neck, her collarbone. His ears were ringing, almost blocking out anything he heard.

“My hair's stuck on your triad necklace!” Skyla told him breathlessly.

“What?” Jared asked her. He looked down at his necklace and, sure enough, a lock of auburn hair was tangled in the triad. He jerked back quickly.

“Ow!” Skyla yelped. She grabbed him and pulled him back toward her. “I gotta get my hair out!”

Jared began getting her hair out of his necklace. Her small yelps of pain ceased when he finally said, “Got it!”

Skyla laid back. She had gotten a glimpse of the clock on the dashboard and it was almost nine-thirty at night. She pulled Jared down and kissed him, their bodies fitting together perfectly. She gasped with pleasure when she felt Jared enter her and dug her nails into his shoulders with each thrust. He finally collapsed on top of her in exhaustion and she scratched over his back. He leaned up to look at her and smiled.

“So?” he asked her. Skyla gave him a smug grin.

“I liked it,” she said shyly. He leaned down and gave her a series of short kisses. When he finished, he leaned back up and looked at her.

“I think we should go on back home; it's really late,” Jared told her. Skyla agreed and watched him bend the driver's seat forward and then open the driver's side door in order to get out. The first thing he gave her was her flip-flop that was laying in the seat. “I believe this is yours?”

Skyla copied what he did and grabbed her shorts and underwear off the backseat floorboard. She put them on and grabbed his shirt and flung it over to his side of the car. “Missing a shirt?”

Jared tossed it on the seat and grabbed his underwear and his pants. He slid them on and then put on his shirt. He looked at Skyla. “I think your other flip-flop is here in the backseat floorboard, under your shirt.”

“Can you hand them to me, please?” she asked Jared sweetly. He grabbed them both and handed them to her across the seat. “Thank you.”

Jared's reply was a smile. He grabbed his shoes and slipped them on, then got in the driver's seat. He waited on Skyla to put her shirt back on. “It's almost midnight!” he told her hurriedly.

Skyla got in and shut her door. “Let's go,” she told him hastily.

Jared started his Cobra up and began backing out of where he was parked at the river park. Their little spot was very well hidden by palm trees and bushes, and he tried to make sure he didn't hit any of them. He was finally on the road and a few miles from the house when he asked Skyla a daring question: “So was I better than Shannon?”

Skyla's stomach dropped. “We never got that far. We were just...”

Jared looked at her. “You guys were together while I was kidnapped! You had to have done something!” he said, voice raised.

“What we did then has nothing to do with us now! We didn't have sex!” Skyla yelled at him. They pulled up outside the house and continued arguing.

“I believe it does and I think you did!” Jared told her in a low voice before he slammed his car door shut.

“Well, you're wrong!” Skyla called after him. She got out and slumped against the wall and began crying. She heard footsteps but didn't bother looking up.

“Skyla. Skyla, come on,” she heard Shannon say. He led her to a Jeep and helped her get in. He climbed in and started it up, trying to get Skyla away from Jared. He drove for about an hour before stopping at a secluded deserted beach house. He jumped out of the Jeep and pulled Skyla out.

“What do you want?” she asked him. Her eyes were red from crying. Shannon pulled her in for a hug, and she began sobbing again. “He's so stupid!”

“I know. I know,” he told her as he led her inside. He turned on a few lights and Skyla went over and curled up on a couch. About twenty minutes later he brought Skyla a mug of hot chocolate.

“Thanks,” she told him. She blew the steam off and took a sip.

Shannon brought his mug over and sat down beside her on the couch. “I know the fight was about me, so quit acting so cheerful,” he told her. He took a sip and set his mug on the coffee table.

Skyla looked into her mug before setting it down on the end table. “Yeah, it was just... a stupid fight. Jared's stupid and I'm stupid and... oh, damn!” Skyla sighed. She tucked her knees under her chin and began crying again. Suddenly she felt Shannon sweep her into his arms and carry her upstairs to a room.

“You need some sleep. You look like you haven't had any in days,” he told her as he put her down on the bed. He turned on the light to look for a blanket.

“Not much sleep, no,” she admitted. She got up off the bed and helped Shannon find a hand-sewn blanket that was in plain sight. He wrapped it around her shoulders and led her back to the living room.

“Listen, ignore everything that Jared says to you. All the apologies in the world can't make him become a better person,” Shannon told her. He stopped to let her catch up.

Skyla nodded. She couldn't stand the feeling anymore and leaned forward and kissed Shannon. He grabbed her and pushed her up against the wall, their breath coming in gasps. Suddenly Shannon pulled away and ran his hands through his hair.

“What was that about?” he asked her.

“I'm just upset about me and Jared, I guess, that's all,” Skyla told him. She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Just because you're upset doesn't mean you can make out with me,” Shannon told her. “Now go on up there and take a nap.”

Skyla walked up the stairs and headed toward the room with the open door. She collapsed on the bed and fell asleep instantly, dreaming of Jared.
Sign up to rate and review this story