Categories > Original > Mystery > For Lisa

chapter 1

by phantomdance19 1 review

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-26 - Updated: 2012-05-26 - 1220 words

0Unrated
Lisa was sitting on her bed, it was the last weeks of summer, fall and school were closing in fast. There would be no more warm nights or staying up late and hanging out with friends once school started. Her friend Sam was sitting on her sleeping bag on the floor, she was talking about her plans for the last couple of weeks of summer. Sam had blonde hair and green eyes and she was your typical cheerleader, on the other hand Lisa had light brown hair and blueeyes and was the sporty kind of girl. She always wondered why they were even friends but there must be something said for opposites attract.
"Were you even listening!" Sam snapped, she was staring at Lisa looking a little irritated. "Can you atleast stop spacing out on me?" She pretended to sound hurt but failed miserably.
"Im sorry," Lisa apologizec, "just start over in your plans again," she encouraged.
"Okay," Sam exaggerated the "-ay" part then continued. Her plans ranged from friend parties to family parties, and if you think about it, its a pretty wide range.
"There is this one party that Jake invited us to," Sam sqid excitedly.
"When?" Lisa asked.
"Thursday night at 8 pm," Sam said as if Lisa should have already known.
"Ill see if i can go, cause i have a game that day at 2, but i should have plenty of time." She said quickly upon seeing Sam's crestfallen face.
"Great!" Sam shouted. Lisa's door swung open and her dad poked his head through.
"Hey Lisa," he said softly, "whatever you do, do notletyour mom into your room."
"What!" Lisa exclaimed, then realization dawned on her. Her mom must be drunk, this was the third time this week that it happened, and it was a coming and going routine. "Dad before you go can i go to a party at Jakes at 8?" Lisa asked.
"Sure Lisa." "Just promise me you will be home by11:30." Her dad said.
"I will," Lisa agreed.
Thisis just perfect Lisathought, she and Sam got up and grabbedall kinds of things from snacks to paper and pens. They both went to the bathroom and when they entered Lisas room Lisa locked it on the inside so her mom couldn't get in.
Itbwas midnight when her mom finally came home,herdad was up locking the door behind her mom. Lisas mom walked down the hallway and pounded on Lisas door shouting "Lisa!" "You better letme in right now ori'll smack you so hardyouwill pass out!" Lisa didnt open the door but she gripped her pencil so hard it snapped in half. Soon there was a thump and Sam asked
"What was that?"
"My mom just passed out," Lisa replied tears creeping into her eyes. "I never thought..." shewhispered, her voice wasthick then trailed off.
"Thought what?" Sam encouraged.
"I never thought i was going to be an only child, i never thought my parents would fight, i never thought they would want a divorce, i never thought my mom would start drinking!" Lisa sobbed.
There was a long silence, then Sam asked, "you said you never thought you were going to bean only child," she paused. "What did you mean by that?"
There was a heavy silence that crackled with emotion. Lisa took a deep breath and explained. "I had a brother named Marc, he was 9 when he... d-died," Lisa turned to look at Sam.
But all Sam said was "how?"
"He gothit by a car," Lisa started. "He was just walking with a group of his friends, they were walking to Dereks house causeMarc was friends with Dereks little brother Tim." She paused to take a breath, then continued, "A car came speeding down the wrong side of the road,and turned left heading straight for the kids," "2 were able to run away but Marc and Tim didnt." "As a last minute decision Marc pushed Tim to the ground and laid on top of him, Marc protected Tim who got away with both arms and legs broken but Marc wasnt so lucky."
Another silence, then Sam asked " didhedie instantly?"
"Yes," Lisa lied, "Doctor said he felt nothing, and he ended his life doing a brave thing."
"He did," Sam agreed."Do you feel better talking about it?" Sam asked.
"Not really" Lisa replied.
"Well then we'll stop, im tired so im going to sleep, night." Sam yawned.
"Night" Lisa yawned.
As Sam drifted to sleep, Lisa couldnt help but relive the day her brother died. She closed her eyes and went back to the dreaded day.
Lisa and her friend Derek were walking on the other side across from Marc and Timand their otherfriends. They were only there to make sure they were safe. She wavedto Marc to show that he would be fine because she was there and he waved back. Marc was the tallest of the group with dark brown hair and blue eyes that looked alot like hers. Lisa saw out of the corner of her eye a blue pickup truck with no plates speeding down the wrongside of the road. The truck was heading for the kids. She screamed, "EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE WAY! MARC HEAD FOR THAT TREE!" She heard her own voice crack with fear. Two of the kids ran away but Marc and Tim werent fast enough. Her head spun as she saw Marc flatten Tim on the ground, and the blue pickup truck went right over them. Lisa had never run faster to Marcs side in her life. "Marc?" She remembered saying his name and thinking, he cant be dead, he cant be dead, he cant be dead. A hand started to pull her away but she couldnt leave Marc, not now, not ever. There was a faint glimmer of recognition in Marcs eyes as he whispered,
"Lisa?"
"Yes Marc im right here."
"Im not sad that i have to go, but..." his voice trailed off and Lisa had to lean closer to hear his words.
"But," he repeated. "Ill miss you."
"Ill misz you too Marc," Lksa choked, "and im proud of you," "you are the best brother ill ever have."
"Thanks," Marc mumbled, he sank into darkness with a smile on his face in his sisters arms.
She lifted Marc up and cradeled his body against her, and she didnt see the blood spilling, she only felt it soak her clothes. She kissed his forehead and thought who could have done this to Marc? Who ever did this i hope they go to hell and perish in flames.
Lisa opened her eyes to see her shirt was wet with tears. She missed Marc. Lisa closed her eyes to get so.e sleep so she could have energy for tommarrow morning for her dads birthday. But sleep didnt come easily since her mind was full of Marc, and when she finally fell asleep her dreams were full of Marcs blue eyes filled with happiness, fear, determination, and courage. Lisa fwltwhat Marc felt in the last few moments of his life and she wasnt sure if she would be able to handle it the way Marc did. Only one question burned in her mind in her dreams. Who could have done this to Marc? As soon as the car hit Marc she woke up.
Sign up to rate and review this story