Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back."

Drowning Lessons

by midnight_star22 1 review

I never thought it'd be this way Just me and you, we're here alone And if you stay, all I'm asking for is A thousand bodies piled up I never thought would be enough To show you just what I've ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 1460 words

0Unrated
After Annelise showed us the note, a cold feeling of dread crept into my very being. I couldn’t fathom why this creep wants us so bad. If he’s so rich and all he could get any woman that’s willing to sleep with him. I have a feeling that security around us will be enforced and we will be treated like prisoners from here on out. “Tierney, what are you thinking about?” Hayley inquired.

“Why this creep can’t take a hint and leave us alone. We obviously hate him and he can’t take rejection. That and you know that we won’t be allowed to go anywhere alone anymore. Not to the mall, not to the park, not even to the grocery store. We’ll be treated like prisoners, not him.”

They all looked at me with horrified looks on their faces. I think we’re all thinking the same thing, that there’s nothing worse than being a prisoner in your own house. “Well, if we’re going to tell the adults we better tell them before they find it on their own and we’ll be in worse trouble.” They all shake their heads in agreement and we all go to the kitchen where they’ll most likely be. For once, they’re not in the kitchen with their usual beverage of addiction, coffee. Who can blame them? Coffee makes the world go round. So we continue into the living room and they’re not there either.
“Where the fuck can they be? This is ridiculous. They know that psycho is out there and they choose to leave us like this with no protection?!” Angela shrieks

“Ang, remember that they haven’t seen the note. They may think that he was just drunk or something. It’ll be okay I promise.” Triana soothes her.

For Angela’s sake, I hope TNT is right.
~~~
“I say that we get body guards. That’s the only way to protect them in my opinion. I’m not taking any chances for the girls are you?” I asked.
“Gerard, no one wants to see the girls hurt. We wholeheartedly agree with you bro. When should we start interviews?” Mikey asked.
“I think we should start tomorrow. Or even this afternoon.” Frank chimed in.
“That’s a little too soon. I think tomorrow would be a better choice since we’re all still a little rattled from last night.” Ray the quiet genius suggested.
“Well the little cunt is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he’s getting near our family again.” We all looked up to a vehement Lyn-z standing over us with our tray of food. She, Jamia, and Alicia had woken us up early to go get some food and we decided to let the girls sleep in. I asked our neighbors to keep an eye on them while we were out so we weren’t too worried. She finished talking as they sat down.
“Y’know, I hope we can get something done about this. I spoke to the police who have been so helpful. ‘I am sorry ma’am but there is nothing we can do since he didn’t actually physically harm them,’ just like when we couldn’t find Annelise. I swear I’m going to flip a bitch if I ever see him again.” A feeling of dread formed in the pit of my stomach, growing oh so big it threatened to take over my body. I barely ate, just pushing my food around my plate. With a silent mutual agreement, we got up and left. The ride home in LA traffic was eerily quiet and uncomfortable. Eventually we reached home and we all rushed inside. We were greeted by Annelise, Hayley, and Tierney. A chorus of “Daddy,” “Mikey,” and “Gee,” could be heard and I honestly thought they were going to break their ankles from running down the stairs so fast.
“Weallwokeupthismorningandfoundthisnoteandnowwe’rescared!”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down and speak English and tell us what happened.” This has me scared. This can’t be good.
“We woke up this morning and we found a note from Roger in Annelise’s bedroom window! We thought he wasn’t going to come back and that he was too scared and too stupid to come back.” Finally we got a good answer from Tierney. Hayley and Annelise were in hysterics. Frank and I exchanged a look, each knowing what the other was thinking:
There was no way I was going to let this man tear my family apart. No way in Heaven, Hell, or Earth.

~~~
It’s been a couple of days since Dad suggested the body guards. I think it’s a pretty good idea but I don’t want to give up my freedom. I hate how one person can change your entire perspective on life. From what you wear, to how you act, to how you think, where you go, and how you cope. I’m afraid now to wear anything remotely short for fear Roger will be watching. I’m afraid to act scared to give him some sort of sick pleasure. I think about all of these things, day in day out. Constantly. It’s like the ticking of a clock; tick tock tick tock tick tock. So repetitive. We’ve decided to let our parents decide on body guards so we wouldn’t have to think about why we had to get them. All day the door has been opening and shutting, opening and shutting. And occasionally, we even heard the door slam. Once our family picture fell off the wall when they slammed it. Mom was pretty pissed; I’m surprised she didn’t run after them and throw something. This Roger thing has us all on edge.
“Sissy, can you fix me some juice? Pwease? My throat is scratchy,” Bandit pleaded.
“I’ll go get you some apple juice, okay? Just hang tight and I’ll be back in a minute,” I rushed downstairs and fixed her juice. On the way back I caught snatches of the conversation.

“And how many years of experience do you have again Mr. Han?” I heard Frank ask.
“About 14. Be 15 in October.” I heard a silky smooth voice, like B.D. Wong in Law & Order SVU. This guy could have a chance, who knows? If he’s had that many years’ experience he must be a beast. I tiptoed back upstairs and gave B her juice. She drank it gratefully and soon enough she was out like a light.

“You guys! They’re interviewing a Chinese guy! That’s awesome. What if he knows like martial arts? That’d be so cool!” I squealed.

“Maybe he could teach us karate! TNT likes karate!” TNT waggled her eyebrows, making us laugh.

“Or he’s Jackie Chan in disguise!” Hayley giggles

“Or he could be none of those. He could just be a body guard.” Angela moped.

“Aw cheer up Ang. It’ll be okay doll!” Tierney comforted her. Lately Angela’s been…depressed. It seems like Tierney is the only one who can comfort her no matter what we say to her. Then we hear the door slam for a final time. That makes about fourteen times the door has closed. Then we heard footsteps and saw dad, uncle Mikey, Frankie, Ray, and Bob at my door.

“We think we’ve made a decision and we’ll let you know later. But your mom went to get Chinese so we’ll tell you after dinner.” Gee smiled wearily.
“Thank god cause I’m starving and we’ve beaten MW3 about a million times already!” TNT complained. As her stomach growled and proved her point, we burst into fits of laughter.

Eventually, mom made it back with Chinese and we all dug in. Alicia and Mikey fought over the last piece of sushi and then we all laughed when Alicia kissed Mikey and stole it. Then Frank and Angela fought with their chopsticks like it was Star Wars or something! All in all it was a pretty decent dinner. It managed to make us forget about Roger for a little while which was a rarity. At least until they told us about our new body guard.
“Drum roll please!” Frankie yelled
Bob grabbed two chopsticks and gave him a damn good drum roll on the coffee table.
“And the winner is…Mr. Haaaaan!” Mikey called out before Gee could.
We all giggled and laughed because we had wanted the Chinese guy. Chinese people are amazing!
“When do we get to meet him?” Tierney asked excitedly.
“Tomorrow.” Ray laughed
We all groaned. We didn’t want to wait that long!
Sign up to rate and review this story