Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

Into The Reality

by BleedingValentine 4 reviews

Finally, we see an ounce of truth.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-31 - Updated: 2012-06-05 - 1438 words - Complete

5Original
Here it is! I know it's slightly late, but I'm working on rewriting my first story and it will be up when it's finished. But here is the next chapter, I hope you like it. I've had 'The Take Over, The Breaks Over' stuck in my head for like three days! And exams are finished! Finally I can work more on these stories.

Note; I changed the chapter title.

Chapter 7; Into The Reality

“Hey, Abbie?” Abbie looked up and smiled as she saw Gerard approaching her.

“Hey, Gee. What’s up?”

“What’s going on with Frank?” he asked. Abbie frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, what is going on? He’s been acting more than slightly odd. Come on, you don’t just find a puppy and give it away. What’s happened?”

“I... I don’t know,” said Abbie. She couldn’t continue. She just simply didn’t know why, or what, or how. “It was just there.”

“Things don’t ‘just be there’, Abbie,” said Gerard.

“I know that! But I’m sorry Gerard, I don’t know what’s going on. Why are you worried, anyway?”

“Because Frankie is my best friend, Abbie, I have a right to get worried about him.”

“How you get worried about Mikey?”

“What?”

“Come on, Gerard,” sighed Abbie. “Do you think Dana would have kept her mouth shut about you threatening her? Everyone on the island knows that you’re ready to rip off her head if she hurts Mikey.”

“Well, at least they know the truth,” said Gerard, scowling and sitting down on the sand.

“You really do care about him, don’t you, Gee?”

“I would never forgive Dana if she hurt him. If anyone ever hurt him or Frank, or Ray for that matter, I wouldn’t stop until they got what they deserve,” he mumbled.

“It’s a good thing that you’re so close to them.”

“It’s also my biggest weakness. It’s what people have always told me; I care too much about people. If something terrible went wrong, I know I’d risk my life, as well as everyone else’s, just to try save them.”

“Well it’s lucky you now live on the most boring island on the planet,” said Abbie, smiling.

“Just keep your eye out for Frankie, okay? I’m worried about him, Abbie.”
“I will, Gerard.”

____________________

“I think Gerard knows what’s going on,” said Jasmine. Frank raised his eyebrow. They were both sitting up in the tree again where Jasmine was going to build her treehouse, right at the top looking out over the forest.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s just been talking to Abbie. He’s worried that you’re acting funny and I think he’s figured it out,” said Jasmine, her eyes glazing over as she stared towards the beach.

“How on earth do you do that?”

“My mum gave me her powers when she died. It’s something that Linnea taught me. First it was levitating, then flying, then moving really quickly, then listening from a distance, now I’ve just managed to walk through things. Next she said she’d teach me how to move objects about,” she said, smiling. “Maybe if I’m lucky it will be fire and earth magic soon.”

“You realize you managed to say that in just one breath?” said Frank.

“Yeah. But like I said, Gerard’s worried because he thinks it’s like you’re avoiding something. He asked... ‘what is going on? He’s been acting more than slightly odd. Come on, you don’t just find a puppy and give it away. What’s happened’?” said Jasmine in an eerily good imitation of Gerard’s voice.

“It’s rude to eavesdrop.”

“I wasn’t, I just heard him ask what was going on with you. He sounded so worried so I decided to see what was wrong.”

“Well, I know what’s wrong...” said Frankie, staring down at the floor, far below him. “Should I tell him about you? And Linnea?”

“If you like,” said another voice from the branch above him. Frank shrieked and clutched at the branch he was sitting on as Linnea dropped down beside him.

“Don’t do that!”

“Okay. Anyway, I think you can trust Gerard.”

“I know you can trust him, he’s my best friend.”

“So I heard. But I suppose you can tell him about us. Or would you like us to visit him?” asked Linnea, twirling her bowler hat on her fingers.

“I think you should see him. He’d probably put me in a mental hospital if I just blabbed.”

“Okay. Come on, then,” said Linnea, holding out her hand.

“What?”

“No time like the present. We shall go, now.”

“What, pull me along with you so I crap my pants again?!”

“Last time you made the mistake of letting Jasmine take you,” said Linnea, smiling slightly at the young girl, who smiled sheepishly. “She has a knack for making things speedy. I am slightly more experienced.”

“I’m sure you are,” muttered Frank, taking Linnea’s hand.

This time the travel was quite different. Whereas when Jasmine had traveled with him and they had sped up, this time it seemed as if time slowed down and they moved smoothly across the skies. They arrived at the edge of the forest in what felt like a minute but Frank’s watch said two seconds had passed. Only two seconds.

“I never quite understood how to do that,” said Jasmine. “I just know how to speed everything up.”

“You can’t expect to know everything, child, you are twelve years old. Anyway, shall I call Gerard?” asked Linnea.

“How do you do that?”

“You know sometimes you have a subconscious urge to do something and you don’t know why? Magic cannot mess with free will but it can alter a person’s ideas. I will not physically force Gerard to come here, because that is his will, but I can affect his brainwaves and make him want to come here.”

“Weeeeeird.”

“Indeed,” said Linnea. About four seconds later, Gerard’s figure turned the corner and was making his way towards the forest.

“Okay, I’ll admit that is awesome.”

“That’s how Abbie thought to give you your puppy. I didn’t make her give it to you, I simply planted the idea in her mind.”

“Hey, Frank! What you doing here?” asked Gerard.

“Not much. Why did you come down here?” Frank asked.

“Um... I felt like it. Anyway, who’s this?”

“My name is Linnea Hawthorne. I live in the forest and I teach Jasmine,” said Linnea, her bowler hat tilted low over her eyes.

“Oh, nice to meet you. Gerard,” said Gerard, holding out his hand. Linnea took it. “So, how come you live in the forest?”

“I like to keep my privacy. If everyone knew I lived there, then I would never have any peace.”

“Wait, what do you mean?” Linnea smiled coldly.

“You’ve been looking for me, Gerard. I remember you wished to find a witch?”

“Yeah but... wait, that’s you?” asked Gerard. He stared at Linnea, then at Frank and Jasmine. “Is this why you’ve been acting weird, Frank?”

“Yeah. I wanted to tell you, man, but I feared she’d burn my head off if I told you,” said Frank, grinning.

“I’ve seen her do it before,” said Jasmine.

“You’re not making me feel any better.”

“Anyway, it’s nice to meet you,” said Gerard, smiling.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Gerard,” said Linnea. “I should be going. Come with me Jasmine.”

“I’ll see you guys soon!” said Jasmine, and she followed Linnea back into the forest. Gerard was staring after them with his jaw hanging open.

“I told you it was true,” he said as they left. Frank rolled his eyes.

“I knew it was true when Jasmine walked through a tree.”

“When did that happen?”

“Few weeks ago, just after I got my puppy.” Gerard just sighed and they began to make their way back towards the middle of the village.

By the way, I want you guys to check something out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jAoqyb34nw&feature=bf_prev&list=PL985CBBFD5C80030B I have this friend from like preschool and now he's in a band and I would appreciate if you could check them out, it would mean a lot to me and him. He's the guitarist, by the way :3 Please Rate and Review xx
Sign up to rate and review this story