Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Oh, Uh... Hi Mom

by MyNomDePlume 1 review

Random true story that just happened. WARNING: Awkward moment of my life.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2012-05-31 - Updated: 2012-06-01 - 333 words - Complete

2Funny
”Girl I was it look past the sweat, a better love deserving of
Exchanging body heat in the passenger seat”

I paced around the kitchen singing “Lying is the Most Fun...” not-so quietly. It was one of my all time favorites and I couldn’t help but belt it out randomly while I wandered around aimlessly. Being a huge Panic! fan, the first thing I did when I was bored was sing whichever song of theirs popped into my head. This time it was that unforgettable song that made me giggle occasionally like the 13-year-old I am.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

“MOM! The oven timer’s going off!” I hollered in the direction of my parents’ bedroom before diving into the chorus.

/“So testosterone boys and harlequin girls
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close?
Testosterone boys and ha-”/

Just then, my mom strolled into the kitchen. My voice trailed off and I stopped pacing as she bent down to observe the contents of the oven. In her opinion, my choice of music wasn’t what she enjoyed - especially the lyrics.

“You’re here!... In the kitchen... to, uh, turn off the timer! Um, yeah...” I blurted out random thoughts in a pathetic attempt to distract my mom from my previous singing. “I have no idea why I said that!”

Smooth, real smooth.

I sprinted out of the kitchen and down the stairs as fast I could, not wanting to draw her attention to me anymore and failing miserably.

“I have no idea either.” she replied from the kitchen as I picked my lunch box off of the floor and dragged myself up the stairs.

“Just ignore me whenever I’m not making sense, okay?” My mom gave me a quizzical look before returning to the food.

“Sure. That sounds good.”

She definitely thinks there’s something wrong with me. Oh well. Like I actually care.

And that was a random moment of my life that literally just happened. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story