Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Skinny Love

Skinny Love

by wayuphighify 3 reviews

He realizes he really likes Ryan- and Ryan likes Brendon. Both of them admitting that is something that is almost impossible.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-05-27 - Updated: 2012-05-27 - 2063 words

2Exciting
Ryan convinces people that he lives a perfect life, contrary to popular belief by kids at Ryan’s school. Some bad rumors about Ryan’s dad have been around, even though they are true, but Ryan is good at making kids believe otherwise. Everything is great except life at home.

Ryan’s pretty much one of the “top-dogs” in high school. Even though he secretly gets called a “man whore” by most of the freshman girls, being that he has probably slept with half of the senior class. He figures since it’s his last year in high school he might as well have some fun.

But he also has some interest in guys, but Ryan knows it’s best for people to not know that.

Ryan actually knows a lot of people, and has his fair share of friends, but he knows he secretly can’t count on those guys and girls for anything.

“We should totally hang out tonight! Ryan? Your place is huge! It could fit all of us.” Emma beams, the whole lunch table agreeing.

That’s a bad idea. Sure, Ryan would have said yes if it was during the day; where nobody but Lola, the maid/Ryan’s motherly figure, is there.

“Sorry guys, can’t tonight. I’m helping my dad in the shop.” He shrugs, which is also true. If Ryan doesn’t contribute to his dads business, god knows what the old man would inflict among the seventeen year old.

“You always have to do shit with your dad. C’mon man! It’s Friday fucking night!” Kyle complains. Kyle is the biggest dumbass Ryan has ever met, and also the most annoying. Sometimes it’s hard for Ryan to even respond to the guy.

“Sorry guys, we wouldn’t have that house if it wasn’t for dad’s business.” Ryan knows the only reason people like him is because he is rich, having a house with a maid that comes every day.

"You apologize a lot," Scott points, then taking a bite of his sandwich.

His dad is a smart guy and a hard worker, but he drinks way too much over the weekends and it shows through the bruises and scrapes that are only visible without the foundation he wears.

Ryan’s phone starts to go off, “I’ll be right back, guys.” Ryan grabs his backpack and jogs into the empty bathroom- he probably won’t return to the lunch table, he answers the call.

“Hey dad,” Ryan says in a quiet voice.

“George, you forgot to fucking oil three of these cars last night.” His voice is sharp, but he keeps it in a whisper.

“Sorry, um, I was studying for the music theory test today.” Ryan says as his body tenses up even though his father can’t even touch him from his current location.

“I expect you here at seven you worthless scum.” The line goes dead; tears threaten to run down Ryan’s pale face as he looks in the mirror. That was not even the worst of Ryan’s dad when he’s sober.

Ryan sees his body in the mirror, believing every word his dad ever said to him. He’s awkwardly skinny and a medium height compared to the kids in the school. Ryan’s a strong kid to not physically hurt himself, but he does hate himself even more than his father. Tears run down his face as he tries to wipe them away.

He hears footsteps approaching the bathroom as he tries to make it look like he’s fixing his hair, but it’s not working well.

A boy with black hair and defined features, Brendon is his name, walks in and looks at Ryan. He knows of Ryan, him being in some of his classes. He doesn’t exactly know his name though.

“Um, you okay?” Brendon asks, noticing Ryan leaning over the sink covering his eyes. Ryan feels rather torn up inside on what to do; it’s not easy for him to maintain his composure when he knows what’s in store for him in the future, no matter if he shows up for work or not.

“Should I… get someone?” Brendon walks closer to him hesitantly.

“I’m fine, just feeling a bit sick today that’s all. It’s nothing.” Ryan turns his head to look at him, picking his body back up to face him.

“But… you’re crying.”

“No… I just splashed some water on my face, that’s all.” Ryan says.

“Oh.” Brendon senses him lying, even though Ryan is pretty good at covering things up. “Well if you want to talk or something, I’m Brendon.”

“I’m Ryan. Hey, can you do me a favor and not tell people about this?” He asks, Brendon’s eyes narrow.

“Well… you’re only sick, what’s the big deal if I do? Not saying I will.”

“Just don’t.” The older boy says to the junior.

--

The rest of the school day carries on fine, Ryan still feeling nervous and jumpy. What the hell happened in the bathroom with Brendon? That, however, was the least of his worries. His dad is going to flip shit on him tonight, be drinking as soon as he gets home, and the man’s fists will make contact with Ryan’s body.

The last class of the day, Ryan sits down in the usual table he claims to himself near the window, ready to take the Music Theory test.

Brendon walks into the room, noticing Ryan right away as he feels determined to talk to him. Brendon is very social, but doesn’t have a lot of friends, almost a complete opposite of Ryan. He sits next to Ryan as Ryan looks stunned.

Ryan thought he claimed this table as “his table only” in the beginning of the year. Brendon was aware, but didn’t care.

“Hey,” Brendon says, “you don’t look sick anymore.”

“Well I took some medicine.” Ryan defends himself, meeting Brendon’s eyes.

Ryan finds Brendon really attractive for actually looking the same, looking at dark brown eyes and the dark hair. Brendon isn’t wearing his glasses like he was, making Ryan stare right into them.

“Oh,” Brendon shrugs, not believing his lie.

Mr. Nelson walks around the classroom handing out tests and approaches the table looking confused.

“Brendon, that’s not your usual seat.” The tall man asks.

“I thought we didn’t have assigned seats?” Brendon questions.

“No… you don’t… but you always sit next to Shelby.”

“Well I want to sit by Ryan today.” Mr. Nelson raises his eyebrows at Ryan, Ryan does a light nod and a convincing grin.

The room soon falls silent as the kids start their tests, the only sound coming from people’s pencils and pens.

Ryan finishes quickly, it being a short test and all information he understands easily, Brendon finishes soon after him. Brendon looks over at Ryan, staring at him. Why was Ryan lying to him? He was determined to find out- Brendon hated not knowing what’s going on.

“Ryan?” He whispers, quietly so nobody else can hear.

“Yeah?” Ryan whispers back.

“I need to talk to you. Meet me near the library at three, okay?”

“Why?”

“You know why.” Brendon scoffs as Ryan does a small nod.

A lot of things are running through his head as he tries to put up an actual story on why he was crying in the bathroom. He knew Brendon didn’t believe his lies. Ryan figures that he would believe he was told a relative died and that he was crying because he missed the funeral or something.

Ryan doesn’t know Brendon, but he has heard of him. Emma and Kyle were talking about him and how he is supposedly a Mormon that has to attend church every morning. Ryan was forced to go to a Catholic school through eighth grade, him hating the church considering it never done him any favor. He doesn’t understand why someone would practice a religion like that, but then again Ryan doesn’t understand much about things like that in general.

Brendon even looks like a perfect little religious kid, but he is also quite attractive to Ryan. Little does Ryan know that Brendon actually doesn’t like being a Mormon and ditches church to go play in the music room instead. Ryan also doesn’t know that Brendon is bisexual too, at least for sure.

The bell rings and the tests are collected, Ryan going to his locker to grab some books he has to take home.

“Hey Ryan,” a tall blonde walks up to him, Sienna, grabbing his arm lightly, “want to go to the courtyard and go over the AP Bio notes?” She winks.

Ryan knows what she means, and what kids do in the courtyard and that Sienna isn’t actually in AP Bio. Sienna is a whore, but mainly just Ryan’s whore from what the other guys say. Usually Ryan would say yes, but he isn’t exactly in the mood. “I have to run, but call me later, okay?”

“Sure thing, Ry.” Sienna says, somewhat disappointed.

He continues to walk towards the library, Brendon standing there with his car keys around his neck.

“Where are we going?” Ryan asks, somewhat nervous.

“Oh nowhere, let’s just walk around okay?”

“Uh huh,”

They walk along the parking lot, more and more cars leave until it is eventually empty. “So what really happened? Don’t lie to me, I can tell.”

“Why do you care?” Ryan snaps, narrowing his eyes to him. Ryan actually does like someone caring about him, but doesn’t want to show it.

“Because I’m a nice guy. And I’ve seen your friends; you probably can’t trust them with anything.” Brendon says, sitting on the bench as Ryan sits next to him hesitantly.

Ryan sits there quietly as his phone begins to ring.

“My Chemical Romance,” Brendon smiles, Ryan nudges his arm to be quiet.

“Hey dad, um-“

“George, don’t forget to be here. I figure I’d have to call and remind you what’s going to fucking happen if you don’t come at seven.” Ryan’s eyes widen and his body tenses, him not being sure if Brendon can hear the other side of the line.

“Sure thing, no problem. Seven.”

“Don’t forget about it you stupid fuck.” The line dies out as Ryan quickly gets up from the bench and leaves.

“Ryan, wait.” Brendon runs from behind him, grabbing him by the arm and turning him around. Ryan’s eyes are showing tears, eyes red and he’s shaking. “Come on, Ryan.” Ryan stands there motionlessly; muffled sobs come from his mouth. Brendon grabs Ryan’s hand and they sit back on the bench.

Brendon puts his arm around Ryan, pulling him closer and whispering in his ear, “You’re fine, I’m right here.” Brendon sees Ryan’s vulnerability, even seeing him like this he finds him beautiful; Brendon’s always found Ryan as such.

He realizes he really likes Ryan- and Ryan likes Brendon. Both of them admitting that is something that is almost impossible.

Ryan has surrendered to Brendon not knowing, he has surrendered to try to contain the nervousness and tears. “Please don’t cry,” but Ryan can’t, he’s been holding it in for too long. Ryan leans onto Brendon, his head lying on the crook of his neck. Brendon runs his hands through his hair and tries to shush him. “I’m right here.”

Ryan wraps his arm around Brendon’s waist, making himself feeling more comfortable and safe.
But his dad’s no longer the only reason why Ryan’s crying. Ryan’s also crying because he just figured out Brendon is the only person that’s ever been there for him when he needed somebody.

--
A/N so this is my second high school fic, based on the first one I deleted a LONG time ago. This one will end up having a TON of chapters (summer project, hehe) and will have some surreal and creepiness to it as we get more in. There will be a lot of surprises. Leave your thoughts?
Sign up to rate and review this story