Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Wounded Soul

Chapter 1.

by Malandor 3 reviews

A meeting of old friends

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Cho,Neville - Published: 2012-06-05 - Updated: 2012-06-05 - 833 words

1Insightful
The stack of books, piled higher than the young Ravenclaw stood, slowly began to sway, until the breeze from the opening door caused it to fall. "Oh, bugger." Came the uttered curse from the lips of the raven haired healer. Her voice was easily heard by her visiter, who let out a little chuckle of his own.

"Well, I must say, Miss Chang, you've definitely got quite a filthy little mouth on you." He said, as he smiled over at her. It had been some time since their days at Hogwarts, but, still, no one could forget the one person who, in his final year, reformed the legendary DA, Dumbledore's Army. "I must say, I doubt any one would think that it is you after they heard that."

"Oh, Neville?" The short brunette shouted, as she practically leaped over the desk, and the scattered pile of books that inhabited her tiny office. "I am so glad you were able to get time off from Hogwarts." She said, her arms flying wildly around him as she pulled him into a big hug. "I think... Well, I think I've found it!"

"Woah, woah, woah." Neville said, as he desperately tried to beat back the hug, which had caused his face to shoot up in a sudden blush. Ten years on, and Neville was still the same guy, despite the awards he had received, and the rather intense female attention. "Cho, remember, I am a Gryffindor. Not a Ravenclaw. Strong and brave, with heads as thick as stone." He told her, as he gave her a firm hug, his arms reassuring her with a firm squeeze. "Now, start from the beginning, and use small words."

It took Cho a good white to settle down, a single tear spilling from her eye as she moved to compose herself. Her small, slender form still shaking slightly, as she motioned for Neville to take a seat. "You know that the head healer here has no idea what's wrong with him?" She said, as she looked into his eyes.

"Like your parents, it's a problem with the mind that he has, and to tell you the truth, muggles are far more advanced in that department than we are." She told him, before trying to explain that what she had been able to get out of Harry was the fact that he had housed part of Voldemort's soul, and that now it was torn from him, his soul was most likely damaged, and as such so was his magical core. "I have no doubt about that now. And with a damaged soul, he is no longer able to express his anger, and more violent emotions as he once would. So now he has this anger he can't express, or show, and with all of his power... Well, it just causes him to snap, and to lash out, uncontrollably."

"Yes, Cho, you have told me all of this before." Neville said, as he looked into her eyes, his lips pulling back in a grin, and pushed himself back into one of the small cramped chairs that was in her office. "It's made him unable to control himself, or his magic, as well as caused cracks in his magical core."

"Well, yes, it is." Cho told him, as she smiled at him for a moment. "But, well, I have found a spell, that should help him with all of that." She told him, before handing him a single scroll. "It will let someone link their soul with his. It won't damage the casters soul, but it would be like letting someone borrow parts of it to use to help that person handle his or her emotions."

Neville didn't say anything for ages, his eyes looking over the scroll before putting it down in front of her, and looking her deep in the eye. "So, why do you need me?" He asked, as he took a few deep breaths, trying to push his own desires, to have had this spell a few years ago. Before his parents had passed on.

"Well, it's just that this spell, it requires the caster to have intimate feelings for the person they cast it on, and, well, since everything that went down with Ginny, and with Ron, and Hermione... Well, they don't visit nearly as often as you do." She told him, as she started to tear up just a little. "It would be wrong of me to do it, without his next of kin's permission, and since you're probably the closest he has..." She trailed off, and looked away from Neville.

The pair said nothing for a long moment. They sat there, just looking at each other, until, finally, Neville simply nodded at her. "You know the risks of the spell better than anyone else, and I know that Harry wouldn't want to be living the rest of his life like this. So, screw Ron. Screw Hermione, and most of all, screw Ginny. Go ahead. Do it."
Sign up to rate and review this story