Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Drinking With You

Drinking With You

by Loise 0 reviews

Sally and Noin, and the object of their discussion is Zechs. Zechs/Noin, Noin+Sally. Set after Endless Waltz.

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Noin, Zechs, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-07-06 - Updated: 2006-07-06 - 461 words - Complete

-1Boring
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was in a dark and almost oppressively smoky bar that Noin revealed to Sally that Zechs has contacted her.
Previously Sally had attributed Noin's red rimmed eyes to the smoke, but taking a closer look she noticed how Noin clenched her glass, and the small narrow lines edging the way around Noin's eyes.

"What does he want?" Sally has asked, trying not to sound too concerned. This was only the third time they had met outside of work, and she valued Noin's friendship and compatibility in their work as Preventers.

Noin smiles sadly, wistfully and laughed lightly. A man a couple seats down gave Noin an appraising look, but Sally's harsh glare made him reconsider. "I don't know, I'm never sure with Zechs."

Looking down, not knowing why she was feeling hot around the neck, Sally shook her head. "Does he love you?"

"I do, I've loved him since before the war. I fought for him, I would have died for him. I helped him, I supported him. I loved him."

"Noin," Sally said softly, "I didn't ask that. I asked if he, loved you."

Shrugging, Noin smiled and drowned down the rest of her glass. "He wants to meet with me. Later tonight actually... I wanted to meet with you first."

"That's a good sign, isn't it? That he wants to see you after all this time? Maybe he - "

"He wants to meet me at a hotel."

"Uh... oh!" Sally suddenly found the bar counter incredibly interesting. "He - he termed it like that?"

"No... I don't know what he meant. Whether he wants to meet me at a hotel because he is staying there, and doesn't want the crowds. I can't blame him for that. Or," and her tone goes darker, "Or he wants to use me."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know!" Noin voice raises, and a couple patrons stare at her before resuming their own conversation.

Sally's lips thin. "I'll go with you."

"What?"

"We'll go together, I haven't seen him in a while. I don't really know him that well, this will be a good opportunity." Sally nods her head, braids flying around her head at the force and determination.

"Um... Thank you. Really, I think that this will help."

Sally smiles warmly at Noin, "It's fine, friends are what matters."

Noin nods, her smile reaching into her eyes for the first time this evening. "Let's go then?"

"Yeah..." Sally answers, watching as Noin stands and grabbing her purse. "Just finishing my drink, be out in a minute."

Sally's eyes rest on Noin's back, as she starts walking to the door. Her head shakes and she swallows the rest of her drink quickly, ignoring the sting at her eyes as she follows Noin.
Sign up to rate and review this story