Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

One of Those Days

by Battery_Star 1 review

It's just one of those days. Short Frerard one-shot.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-06-05 - Updated: 2012-06-05 - 577 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Its just one of those days, Gerard thinks as he watches the water droplets roll down the window. He's had plenty of days like this in his lifetime and it never gets any easier, but the harsh storm outside is doing nothing to improve his mood.

When he sees the lightening strike across the sky, he huddles down under the duvet despite his burning fever. He knows he's made a wrong move when his stomach twists uncomfortably and all his bones feel like they're breaking. He stifles his groan into his pillow and yearns for his mothers soothing touch or the revolver he knows is hidden in the kitchen.

It's not the first time he's thought about suicide during this time. He hates having to take a week out of his life every month because he can't even move from his bed without crying out in pain. Being of the male species Gerard thought he'd escaped the monthly suffering, but apparently a stupid dare to enter the local forest at night changes your life forever.

Gerard's ears ring and he finds himself momentarily dazed when he hears the first rumble of thunder. Normally, he wouldn't be able to hear it through the glass of the window, but his super senses have kicked in. His advanced hearing is what annoys him the most on the days before and after. He can hear everything, even down to the tiny snores of the dogs that sleep downstairs. This means that added to all the agony he has to endure, he can't even sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

A low growl rips from his throat as his heart tugs painfully in his chest, begging for him to get up and run. He pushes the urge down; he couldn't even if he wanted to. He would barely make it through the bedroom door before collapsing. Considering the staircase is only a few feet away from the door, that idea isn't very appealing. You only make that mistake once.

He can feel her stronger now, the pull of the moon urging him to change and join the others of his kind. It's too early to change, the full moon isn't until tomorrow, but it's hard to suppress the desire to try.

Just as he thinks he's about to go insane with his conflicting emotions, the door downstairs opens and slams shut again. He relaxes when he hears the familiar thuds of boots hurrying up the stairs and the muffled curses as the person trips over the loose floorboard outside the door.

He cracks a small smile as he watches the heavily clothes man kick of his boots and flick his sopping wet hair out of his face. Gerard whimpers pathetically from his place under the duvet, causing his boyfriend to look at him for the first time since entering the room. Frank just smiles sympathetically and kneels on the floor beside him, digging out a to-go starbucks container that was hidden somewhere in his layers of jackets.

As Frank helps him drink the coffee he walked three miles in the pouring rain for, Gerard realises he wouldn't want his life to be any other way as he knows Frank will be there, loving him and helping him through all the days like this.



*


Just a short one-shot because it hasn't stopped raining today and it was the full moon yesterday/today depending on where you are! R&R!
Sign up to rate and review this story