Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Unloved

by Arra 0 reviews

The man Roy were this day was Maes' own work, and now he was going to ruin it.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Maes Hughes, Roy Mustang - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-07-06 - Updated: 2006-07-06 - 1613 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't, and I will never own Full Metal Alchemist.

I can do this.

Maes was standing on Roy Mustang's front porch, not sure if he should knock or not.

He will never speak to me again.

But I have to do it. For her.


Hughes knocked lightly at the door and waited patiently for Roy to open up. He could hear some girls giggle behind him. He was sure they were just standing here so they could get a glimpse of the Lieutenant Colonel. Well, he couldn't blame them. Roy was very good looking.

The door opened slightly, and Roy's head darted out. The girls gasped in silence and cried out when Roy winked at them. Maes turned around and saw five or six teenagers sitting on a porch near by. They were watching every move Roy made, and Maes felt sorry for the poor guy.

"Get inside," Roy said as he took a hold of Hughes' shirt and yanked him inside. Now that he could see Roy in full form, he understood why he had only darted his head out; he was only in his boxers. Roy sighed and laid a hand on his stomach. "Sometimes it's hard being this good looking," he joked and began stroking his belly. "Those girls are driving me nuts." Hughes smiled as he stepped out of his shoes. "That's why I'm glad I already have someone precious," he smiled warmly and kissed Maes sweetly on the lips.

God, Roy, do you have to make this worse for me than it already is?

The worst thing about all this was that Roy was Roy because of him. Roy would never be the same person if Maes hadn't helped him. Hell, he may not even be alive if not for Maes. Roy had always felt so unloved. His family throwing him out of the house at the age of thirteen, because he wanted to become an alchemist. He had already found himself a Teacher at that time, so that wasn't a problem. Besides from the teaching, he also got food and clothes from his Teacher - but he did not get the thing a child needs the most; love.

When he was free to leave, Roy joined the Military Academy. There he was mostly teased. Teased by the 'big boys'. Then he had met Maes. Who was also a student at the Military Academy, though he and Roy did not go to the same classes. At first they just hung out together, but after a while they created a very important friendship that would save Roy in the future.

It was not until then that Roy learned about true love. It was Hughes who showed him. It was Maes who taught him how to love. The man Roy were this day was Maes' own work, and now he was going to ruin it.

"Hey, something bothering you?" Roy asked as he took Hughes' hand and lead him deeper into the apartment. Maes forced a smile upon his lips and shook his head no. "Let me make you some coffee and then we'll talk about it," said Roy as he slipped a hand around Hughes' waist and pulled him into a hug. "Whatever it is, baby, it'll be okay." He kissed his lover's cheek and walked into the kitchen as Maes casually sat down on the couch.

Maes was the only one who got to see Roy like this. In the office he was the arrogant bastard he was known as, but here, Roy was ... here he was the real Roy. The sweet and caring Roy. Here was the Roy that Maes loved the most, and he wanted to cry now, because this would probably be the last time he saw Roy like this. It would be the last time he saw the real Roy.

"So, what's going on with you Maes? I can tell there's something wrong."

Of course you can, Roy. You know me better than anyone else.

Roy sat down beside him and handed him the cup of coffee. Looking worriedly at him with almost pitch-black eyes. He laid a comforting hand on the other man's back. "I'm sorry Roy, I really am," Maes finally said, voice cracking. Roy put his own and Hughes' cup down onto the coffee table. The man in front of him was almost crying, so Roy did what he thought was best; he pulled his lover into a embrace, and Maes cried. Roy kissed his cheek and he rubbed his back. He told him sweet words. He said it would be okay.

"Mm, let it all out, baby," Roy said as he rubbed Hughes' back in gentle motions. Crying usually helped, and Maes was no exception. After some more sobbing into Roy's bare shoulder, he let go of the embrace. It was time to talk.

"Sorry about that," Maes excused himself as he wiped away tears with his sleeve.

Roy smiled. "It's okay. Everything will be alright."

There were awkward silence for a bit before Hughes broke it. "It's /over/, Roy."

Mustang blinked, then frowned. "Over?"

Is he and Gracia splitting up?

"You and me, it's over." Maes looked deeply into Roy's eyes, waiting for the tears to flow, but of course they didn't. Roy was shutting his emotions out. He was shutting his emotions out like he used to do before he met Maes, and Hughes knew it.

"Oh."

"She's pregnant," he continued. "That's why we have to end it. I can't... I don't want to cheat on her when she's with a baby. My baby. I wish there was some other way to do this Roy, because /I fucking love you/, and I sure as hell don't want to let you go. You're my precious." Roy was still looking like a zombie, like he had no emotions at all, and it freaked Maes out.

"I understand."

"That's all?" Maes asked in disbelief. "You understand?"

"No, maybe I don't. But it's your life Maes, and I want you to be fucking happy because you're my precious too!" he said, and to Maes' relief he started sobbing. "I have always known that I couldn't keep you forever." He was crying by now, like a child; legs drawn up to his chest, arms around them protectively, his face digging in between.

Maes wasn't sure what to do. Should he draw Roy into a hug and comfort him, like Roy did to him earlier? Or will it be best to let him have it his own way? While he tried to figure out what to do, tears found their way to his own cheek again. He tried not to make a sound, but Roy had already noticed it. The younger man let his legs fall quietly to the floor as he used one hand to wipe Maes' tears away and let the other one rest in his lap.

Hughes did once again not know what to do. He was crying, and the man he had recently hurt wiped his tears away. Maybe one last time wouldn't hurt? No, he couldn't do that to Roy. That was a selfish thought.

Although Maes had hurt him bad, Roy wanted the man close. He wanted to give him comfort. He wanted to kiss those tears away. Then Maes moved closer and rested his forehead on Roy's, looking straight into the windows of Roy's soul. His hands moved to Roy's face, wiping away Mustang's own tears. "I'm sorry..." Hughes said again.

"/I love you/," Roy replied.

That was too much for him, and all he could do was say, "/I love you too/," and capture those lips. Making them his one last time, in a heated kiss. Tongues were thrusting frantically down their throats, and they loved it. They always had.

Roy found himself crawling up in Maes' lap, and he started grinding their growing arousals together, in the most lovingly manner, as fast as he settled down. He broke the kiss, to gain some breath and to remove Maes' glasses. They started kissing again. So fast and hard you would thing they were in a hurry.

Clothes were ripped off, and when Maes had his erection poking Roy's entrance, slick with lube, he whispered into the Lieutenant Colonel's ear, "One last time."

"One last time," Roy repeated and slid down on Maes' length.

*

They had fallen asleep on the couch, or, Maes had fallen asleep. Roy couldn't sleep. He didn't want to sleep. He wanted it to be like this, always.

Maes' arm was draped protectively around him, his breath warming Roy's chest. He sighed happily. Though he knew he and Hughes would never share something like this again, he knew the man would always be there to support him when he needed it. Not only had Maes been Roy's secret lover through two years, but he had also been his best friend. And that, he would always be.

Maes' eyes opened slightly, and he smiled when he saw Roy. "I'm going to miss this," he sighed.

"Yeah, me too. But it's better off this way."

"You're right. We should start all over."

"Okay," Roy said. "My name is Roy Mustang. I am a Lieutenant Colonel, and I want to become Fuhrer one day. I am currently unconditionally in love with my best friend, who I would spend the rest of my life with if I had the opportunity."

"Nice to meet you, Roy Mustang," Maes said. "My name is Maes Hughes. I am a Major. And I am in love with my best friend, too."

One last touch.

"I love you."

One last kiss.

"I love you too."

There's a last time for everything.
Sign up to rate and review this story