Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Flase Justice

Chapter Eighteen

by ArielMaria 0 reviews

Jared finds himself in a state of possession as everything begins to slowly make sense and unravel

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 694 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Chapter eighteen

I could hear them banging loudly on the other side of the door as I slowly made my way off the bed. I was still on the verge of drowsiness but it was passing. For some strange reason I felt myself overcoming whatever had been happening to me. I wasn't passing out, I wasn't losing self control. I hoped that it would make everything easier for me to understand. Hoped that everything would finally be figured out. I couldn't help but think though that there was a reason the past hadn't been repeated, that there was a reason I had been allowed to stop myself from falling unconscious.

Finally in the haze of the drug I made my way to the door. I tapped on it and something thundered behind the sound causing their knocking to stop. In the dark of the room I stretched my fingers, my limbs shaking loose the feeling of immobility. They had me tied up like a damned nutcase, just waiting for me to die.

I felt for the knob and once I found it I twisted the brass and managed to push it open despite the lock. It wasn't dark in the other room, there was a musky light on overhead and something about the atmosphere seemed entirely unreal. It was like one of those torture movies. Steal a girl for millions, sell her for sex. But I wasn't about to go down dead, I had things to figure out and I had myself to free. I had no Liam Neeson here.

The four men looked at me, Dr. Lawrence standing at the front, with awed confusion sharp in their eyes. It was like they had seen a ghost.

"Looks like nothing's going according to plan." I muttered, there was a deepness to my voice I had never heard before. It was almost like something else was speaking through me. There I was standing there still not entirely sure of my intentions, of what I was doing but conscious and aware nonetheless.

The door behind the men opened and three of them scrambled out. Dr. Lawrence remained where he was, just staring at me. His dark face had gone pale and his eyes had grown wide. What the hell did I look like?

"Got another injection for me? Looks like this one isn't really working." I smiled or at least I felt myself smile. This seemed almost impossible.

"This can't be happening!" He suddenly roared as he made to go to the opened door but it slammed shut before he could reach it. He fell back against it, his hands a bit shaky as he stared up at me with fear.

"Judging from how you look I'm guessing this has never happened before."

"Jared!" He called out, panic threatening to break every syllable he let out. "Jared!" He shouted again when he got no answer.

I felt myself laugh but inside there was a wave of sharp confusion. What the hell was going on?

The lights began to flicker then and a million different voices filled the air like a haunting song. My body moved towards the doctor and lifted him up by his crisp white coat.

"You wanted it to end, doctor? Well here's the end." He shook his head wildly as I pulled him forward into the room I had been strapped in. I threw him across the tiled floor and watched in the shadows as he cowered up in the corner despite the pain of his fall. "You thought all the other times would work. You thought sacrifice, murder would change it but it couldn't! You don't understand how much it couldn't!" I could hear my own voice speaking but none of the words were mine. I was like a particle of dust down inside, the fierce power of whatever was happening paralyzing my own will.

"I didn't know...I didn't know what it was you wanted after all these years, how could I atone?"

Again a smile came as the door shut drowning the room again in darkness. "I'll show you...I'll show you what death I wanted, what death feels like."
Sign up to rate and review this story