Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Hurricane

Chapter Seven

by echeloncookie 1 review

Skyla discovers that Jared left out an important "product" when they had sex. Skyla runs to Shannon when her and Jared have another disagreement.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2012-06-09 - Updated: 2012-06-09 - 1296 words - Complete

5Exciting

HURRICANE

CHAPTER SEVEN

Jared looked at Skyla with a smile. “You're already on the moon; how much farther can we go?”

“To the stars?” Skyla's fingers traced the hem of Jared's shirt; she watched as a few beads of sweat broke out along his forehead. “Or maybe an hour and a half away to the house so you can explain everything to me?”

“Yeah, that sounds better. I can even begin explaining everything to you on the way home,” Jared told her. He started up his car and backed out of the beach house's driveway. He looked over at Skyla and noticed her taking a last look at it. “Don't worry, you'll see it again,” he told her.

“Yeah. You're right about that.” Skyla sighed and scooted her purse to the floor. She noticed that the zipper was unzipped a little ways and inspected it; then she remembered that Jared had had her put his wallet and BlackBerry in her purse for safekeeping earlier. That must have been why it was partially unzipped.

“So the real reason I had Shannon bring you out here,” Jared told her, “was because if you are back home, in Tennessee, by yourself, you'd be bombarded by the paparazzi. But here, I can shield you from the paparazzi like the kind, caring, gentle husband I am.”

Skyla grinned. They had arrived back at the house and all she had on her mind was that Jared came after her. He came after her!! She walked into the kitchen and ran smack dab into Emma.

“Hey, Skyla. How are you?” she asked her. Skyla leaned against the counter and held a finger up to her lips. She listened for Jared's quiet footsteps and waited before she answered.

“I'm just fine. How have you been?” Skyla asked her. Before Emma could answer, Jared came into the kitchen and dragged Skyla away.

“Sorry, Em, I need to talk to Skyla for a minute,” he said apologetically. He led Skyla to his room and quickly shut the door behind her.

“What would you say if I asked you to dinner tonight, just you and I?” he asked her.

Skyla shrugged. “I'd accept the offer. Where at?”

“I'll text you and tell you,” he told her. He gave her a peck on the cheek and wrapped his arm around her waist. “Do you have a place in mind?”

Skyla shook her head. “Not really. Just surprise me.”

“Okay.” Jared left her alone in his room. Skyla stood for awhile, then sat down on his bed and took a nap.

“Skyla. Skyla, wake up,” Jared said as he shook her awake. He watched as Skyla rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

“What?” she asked him.

“I have us some reservations at a seafood restaurant,” Jared told her. “They have a vegetarian menu, so it's okay.” He helped her stand up and put her sandals back on. “Ready?”

Skyla nodded “Yeah. Wait.” She ran to her room and disappeared inside for a few minutes; when she came back out, her purse was slung haphazardly over her shoulder. “Okay. Now I'm ready.” She slipped her arm through Jared's elbow and let him lead her out to his Cobra.

“I suggest you try the shrimp. Shannon always gets it, and it looks good,” Jared told her as he helped her into his car. Skyla pulled her legs in and she reached over to shut her door.

“I got it from here, thanks,” she told him.

“Okay,” Jared told her. He walked back around to the driver's side and got in, pulling out his wallet and BlackBerry as he sat down. He put them in between his and Skyla's seats before he buckled his seatbelt. “I think the restaurant is right on the ocean. It'll be really nice.”

“Yeah,” Skyla said, distracted. She looked out the window without saying another word.

“Skyla, is there something you have to tell me?” Jared asked her.

“I kissed Shannon. That's it,” Skyla told him. She watched the passing scenery silently, waiting for Jared to blow up at her.

“Skyla! I can't believe you! After I came all that way to get you? God, it's disgusting.” Jared kept driving toward the restaurant.

Skyla shifted uncomfortably. “I'm sorry. But, um, I have a question for you.”

“What?”

“Did you use a condom when we had sex?”

“No, why?”

“Just wondering.”

“Whatever.” Jared's eyes were focused on the road, but his heart began beating like crazy. He wasn't ready to be a father, and he was absolutely certain Skyla wasn't ready to be a mother. “Listen, Skyla, maybe you should take a pregnancy test?”

“I did. It was negative.”

Jared sighed deeply. “Here in a few weeks, take another. Just to be sure.”

“Okay.” Skyla fiddled with the hem of her shirt. She looked over at Jared and noticed he was staring at her.

“Listen, if you don't want to take another test, I understand; I'd just feel a little more comfortable knowing for sure if you were pregnant or not.” Jared patted her on the knee and continued driving.

When they reached the restaurant, Jared helped Skyla out and escorted her to the door. “Whatever you do, don't stop for the paparazzi!” he told her fiercely. He followed her into the restaurant as the paparazzi closed in. “You okay?” he asked her.

“Yeah.” Skyla looked around the restaurant and noticed that, along with its large anchor in the open waiting area, the whole restaurant had an ocean theme. She was eager to see the menu, and she noticed that the entire menu was decorated in seashells. Jared leaned across the table and whispered to her: “What do you want to drink?”

“Water will be fine,” Skyla whispered back to him, studying her menu. She saw Shannon's favorite, the shrimp, and decided to order it. “Okay. I know what I want.”

“Okay. And I know what I want, these vegan seafood tacos,” Jared pointed them out to her on the menu. She gave him a smile.

“I just want the shrimp,” she told him. Skyla closed her menu and laid it aside.

“Listen, Skyla... I'm not ready to be a father. And you aren't ready to be a mother. But please go take that test,” Jared begged her.

“Okay, fine,” Skyla agreed. She grabbed her purse and scurried off to find the bathroom. When she finally found it, she pulled the pregnancy test out of her purse and made a wish. “Please be negative.” As she waited for the results, she thought about her mom and about how she could possibly become a grandmother soon. After about ten minutes, Skyla picked up the pregnancy test and saw that it was positive. She dropped the test into the toilet and flushed. She walked out of the bathroom and back to her and Jared's table.

“So?” Jared asked her. Skyla looked at him with her jade-green eyes.

“It was positive.”

He buried his face in his hands. “Check please.”

“Maybe it was a false positive.” Skyla was looking at the situation from every side possible.

“I highly doubt that.”

“But still, you can't eliminate it.”

“Yeah. You're right.” Jared sighed and helped Skyla up. “Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?”

“Yeah,” Skyla sighed. She walked outside and stood by Jared's Cobra. Jared watched her go.

“Here are your orders; I put them in separate to-go boxes for you,” the waiter told Jared.

“Thanks.” Jared paid the bill and gave the waiter a ten dollar tip for his troubles, even though they didn't get to stay and eat. He put their food in the back floorboard and looked at Skyla. “Anywhere specific you want to go?”

“Home. To Chattanooga.” She looked at him.

“Anywhere else?”

“Take me to Shannon.”
Sign up to rate and review this story