Categories > Original > Mystery

An "Easy" Beginning- Introduction

by dwarvenelephant 0 reviews

The life of average teen Raine completely changes when her best friend comes back from reform school and she finds her mom dead and tied to her bed. She tries her hardest to find her mom's killer a...

Category: Mystery - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-14 - Updated: 2012-06-14 - 1013 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Raine, c'mon! You KNOW you love Brad!" George teased me. George was like the annoying little brother I never wanted.
"Hey George, leave her alone, she get so mad, she'll scratch you!" George's twin brother Patrick yelled.
I rolled my eyes. "I can't believe you two made it to High school. It's like the teachers don't care." I said.
Brad walked up laughing. "You of all people should KNOW the teachers don't care. Me and you sit there and yell and scream at each other all day and they don't even look at us."
"Yeah, okay. But still, how are George and Patrick going to even SURVIVE if they don't learn anything in High school?" I asked.
George almost choked while laughing. "We're fine. Don't get your panties in a twist!"
"Yeah! We wont die a horrible death!" Patrick chimed in.
"Yeah, okay!" Brad and I chimed in unison. We laughed. "Well, I gotta go. I'll see you guys later." I said.
"Can I walk you home, since we live right next to each other?" Brad asked.
"Yeah, sure!" I smiled at Brad. We left and Brad let me have time to think.

Just 5 years ago, Brad was sent away to reform school because in 5th grade, he would hang out with 8th and 9th graders who thought blowing smoke from their Mary Jane's was cool. Brad wanted to be cool like them, so he decided to hang out with them. When they saw the cops coming, they told Brad to throw them in the trash, so he did, and he was too slow. The cops saw him throw them away and decided to arrest him. They gave him a drug test that day, and because he was around the smoke, he got what we like to refer to as "second-hand high". Brad's parents didn't want him to go to reform school and miss out on being a real kid, but the officer recommended it, and they would do anything to help their little boy.
For five years, Brad got to live in his own personal hell while I tried to make new friends, and somehow get a boy friend. I fail horribly at getting friends, but in 8th grade, I had a boyfriend named Joey. We hung out everyday after school and we went to watch movies all the time. After a while, we got closer, and to the point where no one could separate us. Then, 3 months later, I learned I could never get close to the people I loved. Joey was trying to get me to J-walk, and I didn't want to, and he was in the middle of the street trying to show me how cars just stop for you, when a bus hit him. I was so depressed for the rest of my 8th grade year, and half of my 9th grade year. Then, at the end of my 10th grade school year, I find my best friend at my door with flowers in his hand. Brad looked so handsome since the last time I saw him, I couldn't help me self but to kiss him.
That night we watched movies together and fell asleep on the couch together. After that, we just stayed friends at my request. I don't really think Brad understood, but he wanted to keep me happy.
"Raine... Hello..?"
I blinked and laughed. "Oh sorry, I was just thinking."
"Its alright. We're at your house." Brad said.
"Oh, okay. Thanks for walking me home."
"No problem." Brad said.
I walked into my house and opened the door. I did my usual thing, threw my keys on my coffee table and then I went in the kitchen to grab a water bottle. I realized there wasn't any sound coming from my moms room. She was usually laughing, talking on the phone, or at least trying to call me or text me. I looked at my phone. I had missed a text from her 2 hours ago. It just said Come home. I was confused. I was about to call her name, but I thought about how off everything was. I walked up stairs to her bedroom and put my ear to her bedroom door. All I could hear was her electronic fan blowing. I looked through the key hole and I didn't see her at her desk. The lights were on though, which meant she was in her room. I opened the door a little more and I saw that her bathroom door was open, and she wasn't in there. That meant that she was either on her bed, on in her closet. I barely opened the door a little more, and I saw her closet door was open and her clothes where everywhere and the light was on. I busted the door open really fast and looked at my moms bed. I was her strapped to the bed, covered in blood. There was a led pipe sticking through her throat and her eyes were wide open, and she looked like she was screaming. I collapsed to my knees and just stared at her. Suddenly, Brad was at my side, rubbing my back. He was talking, but I couldn't hear him.
"Stop screaming!" He yelled. It shocked me and brought me back to my sences and I stopped screaming. He looked at my mom and flinched, and called the police. We waited for them in the living room. When they got there, Brad answered questions the best he could, and then they told us to leave. We went to Brad's house, and Brad's mom and dad let me in and let me eat. They acted like an extra set of parents. After we ate, Brad and I went up stairs and were sitting on his bed talking. After a while, I got really tired and I fell asleep on his pillow. All I could dream about was the image of my mother, tied down and bleeding, and I imagined the person who did this to her while he did it. It was NOT a pleasant night.
Sign up to rate and review this story