Categories > Original > Drama > Chicana

Call me Marcelino, instead.

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

After dying of inner laughter, we composed ourselves and watched the movie. His nachos gone, my Icee too, and a half a box of Skittles and have a medium soda.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-16 - Updated: 2012-08-23 - 2960 words

0Unrated
I awoke to an empty bedside. I sit up. Where’s Smiley? I ask myself. I put my shirt on, which was removed last night. I rush downstairs. The time on the stove reads 10:30 a.m. My dad should be at work, but where was Smiley? I go back upstairs. I sit on the edge of my bed. Why was I freaking out so much? Then I heard a door open. Smiley comes in my room. I sigh. “Where were you? I freaked out.” I slightly laughed at my stupidity.
“I had to take a piss, babe.” He said and closed the door. His shirt still off. His golden tan made his muscular body look even more delicious. He caught my eyes roaming his body. “You like what you see, mamacita?” I giggled and nodded. He walked over to me sitting on the edge of my bed. He slowly and gently pushed my body back on the bed and kissed me lightly. He looked me in the eyes. “What do you wanna do today?”
“Stay like this.” I whispered. He bit his lip and kissed me again. My lips tingled and begged for more. “Kiss me.” I said. Smiley leaned down and his lips brushed mine. I lifted my head and he pulled back. He smiled. “You’re such a tease.” I giggled and push him off of me. I jog downstairs with Smiley following me. “What do you wanna eat?” I smile and open the fridge, but Smiley closes it. “Hey!” I whine. He lifts me up from my underarms and sits me on the counter.
“I’ll just take whatever’s in front of me.” He smiles with a mischievous look glinting in his light green eyes. I giggle. Then he pulls off my pajama bottoms, it’s when he starts for my panties is when I get what he said.
“Whoa!!” I freak out and push him away.
“What?” He asked looking dumbfounded.
“I don’t think we should do this in the kitchen!!” I say. The truth was that I’ve never had any guy do that to me before. I’m a virgin in and out! He just looks at me, then it clicks.
“Are you a virgin?” Smiley asks. I just nod. He laughs.
“Why are you laughing?” I ask, hurt. Was there something to joke about when it came to my lack of a sex life?
“I don’t mean it like that.” He wrapped his hands around my waist. “It’s cute. I’ve just never met, or even dated, a virgin.” He says with a smirk on his face. “If you don’t want me to do it I can wait. I don’t want to push you into something you don’t wanna do, princesa.” He takes a strand of my loose hair and tucks it behind my ear to get it out of my face. This guy really respects me enough to stop, even though I can see his eagerness to do so. “Okay?” He asks and I nod with shame. “Don’t be ashamed. A lot of girls are still virgins.” I smile a bit. He knows how to make me feel better. “Now, what do you wanna eat?” I asked and lifted me off the counter.

After eating an enormous breakfast consisting of huevos rancheros, bacon and a fresh fruit salad with lemonade, flirting and talking, we head upstairs so I can get dressed. “Wanna go to your house so you can get some clothes?” I ask as I’m brushing my hair.
“Nah, I brought some when I came last night.” He smiles smugly and picks up a gray backpack I hadn’t noticed was next to my window where he came through.
“You had the night all planned out, huh?” I giggled.
“No,” He looked down at his hands. I furrowed my brows. “I didn’t plan to really like you.” I kept my brows furrowed as he glanced up to look at me. “I thought you’d be a good fuck just for the week.” My eyes went wide. You would have thought I learned my lesson in detecting douche bags on my radar.
At first I was mad. But the hurt settled in, in an overwhelming abundance. Tears formed in the corners of my eyes and blurred my vision. I hadn’t seen he came over to sit next to me on my vanity bench where I sat brushing my hair. He lightly placed his hand on my shoulder, but I ripped away from him. I let the tears fall. I trusted this guy and he screwed me over. Will I ever meet a truly genuine guy? My guess at this moment was no.
I wiped away my tears and refocused my eyes to aim and throw my brush at Smiley. He dodged it. I opened my door and motioned for him to leave. He had no intention of leaving. His eyes begged for me to listen to what he had to say. “Leave.” I demanded in a calm voice.
“Raquel,” He began.
“What?! What? Are you gonna tell me you’re sorry and that you’ve now fallen in love with me?” I yelled.
“Yes!” He yelled, too.
“Don’t! My life and my emotions aren’t something you can toy with whenever you want, Smiley!! I’m a real person!” I started at him.
“I wasn’t playing you at first, Raquel!” I stopped in front of him and looked deep into his eyes. My breathing erratic. His eyes showed no lies.
“Like I’m supposed to believe that bullshit!” I screamed. I was so frustrated and confused I didn’t know what to think at this point.
“You are because it’s the truth!” He yelled. He just stood there breathing and staring at each other. He went for my hand but I snatched it back. “Please, Raquel?” His eyes begged for forgiveness.
“What, Smiley? What do you want me to say?”
“Say that you believe me! Say that you love me too!” The moment he said it he regretted it. His eyes were say, ‘Why the hell did you say that for?’ I was wondering the same thing.
“You love me?” I asked quietly. He just nodded with his head hung low. “Well, if it wasn’t evident earlier, I love you too.” I swallowed.
I know what many would think. How can you guys be in love when you don’t even know each other that well? Well, we just clicked. It was unplanned and none of us saw it coming, it just happened. We both felt it, I knew we did. It was undeniable that we had an attraction. A spark between us. I had already gotten over Ricky. But then again, love is never planned. It always just happens. Like drunk sex.
Smiley slowly approached me and entangled his fingers with mine. He swallowed hard and I saw his Adams apple bob. Goose bumps sprang up from our skin. My hairs standing on end. “Say it again.” He said.
I swallowed and leaned in to whisper, “I love you,” in his ear and he moaned. I smiled. In a quick heartbeat I had forgiven him. Why? Because I loved him. I didn’t know for sure until now. I had bottled everything away because I was scared. This was uncharted territory for me. Even Ricky was new for me! Now this is love. Real love and I was scared of screwing it up. But so was Smiley. I could feel his caution radiating from his body, and I could tell he wanted to voice his nervousness about us, so I went first instead. “Smiley,” I whispered.
“Hmm?” He mumbled.
“I’m scared.” I said meekly. He breathed.
“Me too.” He finally admitted. He embraced me and I inhaled his scent. “Me too.” He let me go and kissed me affectionately. This kiss was deep. Deeper than any kiss I could possibly imagine. It was a loving kiss.

After just laying together for hours we finally got up around 9 PM to actually do something. We headed to get some ice cream at the Dairy Queen across from the movie theater. “Hey, why don’t we watch a movie?” I asked as I licked my ice cream.
“Since we’re on this side of town, why not?” Smiley finished his ice cream, and after I did, we headed back into my car to go to the movies. We parked and then went to check out what was playing. “Ooo! Snow White and the Huntsmen is supposed to be really good.” I said.
“As long as it’s not a chick flick, it’s fine by me.” Smiley smiled and grabbed my hand. We finally got up to the window and I ordered our tickets.
“Okay, that’ll be $20.95.” The blonde chick behind the glass said and made blue goggly eyes at Smiley. Then she caught my glare, she just looked away. But then I finally got what she said and I went for my wallet that was in my purse.
“No, babe, I got it.” Smiley stopped my hands and then reached into his back pocket for his wallet. I smiled. What a gentlemen. And he called me babe. It was nice to hear. He paid and we got our tickets. As we get inside the aroma freshly popped popcorn with extra butter fills my nose.
“The popcorn smells amazing!” I say. Smiley laughs. I smile.
“It does.” He nods. We get in the condiment line. Our hands getting sweaty from holding hands, but I don’t mind.
We get up to the register and take a look at what they had. “Can I have some Skittles and a cheery Icee, please?” I smile at the young man waiting for us to order. He nods and throws the box of Skittles on the counter and goes to make my Icee. “What do you want, baby?” I ask.
“Uh, I’ll just take a nacho and a Coke.” He tells the young man as he returns with my Icee.
“Small, medium or large?” He asks.
“Medium.” He nods and goes to get Smiley’s Coke and nachos. We get all out things on the counter and the guy rings everything up.
“$25.50.” I nod and go for my wallet again.
“I got it.” Smiley let’s go of my hand and get his wallet out again.
“Are you sure? You got the tickets.” I ask.
“Babe, the man is supposed to pay on the dates.” He hands the guy a 50 dollar bill and we go towards the side of the theater that our movie is playing on.
“So, you think you’re a man?” I ask playfully as I take a sip of my Icee. Smiley laughs.
“Damn, right I am, mija. I have been since my pops walked out.” He smiles, but I can see the betrayal in his eyes as he mentions his dad. I drop the subject. I smile.
“You’re my man.” I smile as he puts jalapenos on his nachos. “Eww!” I say.
“What? You don’t like jalapenos?” Smiley asks, his Spanish perfect.
“No. I mean, spicy stuff is good, but I never liked jalapenos.” I said. He shrugged.
“Okay, I think that’s enough.” He giggles and we go pick out our seats.
We enter the dark room and look to see where we can sit comfortably. There were a few seats left up top. “We have to sit at the top.” I whisper and head up there. He follows close behind. We take our seats and watch the previews. “Want some?” I ask and show him the box of Skittles. He holds his cupped palm out. I pour some into his hand and he shoves them all in his mouth! “That’s not how you each Skittles!” I say.
“Sure it is.” He mumbles through all the Skittles in his mouth. I shake my head and eat my Skittles one by one. After swallowing the Skittles Smiley starts to dig into his nachos. I can hear the crunching of the chips. He looks over at me and shoves them in my face, offering me some. I shake my head. He tilts his head, which says, “C’mon!” I shake my head again. “I’ll take the jalapenos out.” He offers.”
“No, I’m okay with my Skittles.”
“Okay, then.” He shrugs. Half way through the nachos I can hear Smiley sucking in air rapidly. I look over.
“The jalapenos too hot for you, babe?” I mockingly ask.
“Nah,” he smiles and stops breathing in. I keep looking at him, expecting him to blow at any moment. He grabs my Icee and chugs it down. I laugh, followed by a harsh shush from the lady in front of us. The movie had just started. Smiley giggles, trying so hard not to laugh out loud for fear we’d get kicked out. I smile.
After dying of inner laughter, we composed ourselves and watched the movie. His nachos gone, my Icee too, and a half a box of Skittles and have a medium soda.
Smiley wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. I smiled, inhaling his cologne that made me crave his hands all over my body. My thoughts went from the movie to him. How he was sweet, affectionate…real. I knew, somewhere deep down, he’d never intentionally hurt me. And besides being gorgeous, my dad liked him. I was jolted from my mind when I felt Smiley tense up. I looked up at him. He was looking at some guys that just walked into the theater. They had baggy pants and shirts on. Silver and gold chains hanging from their necks, by their sides were skinny girls with tight jeans and tube tops on. Big hoop earrings, bangles and high heels. Among all of them was Ricky. He was the only one wearing a snapback on. What a total douche.
I looked back at Smiley. “Hey.” I whispered and gently turned his head to look at me. “It’s okay.” I told him and kissed him softly. He kissed me back and placed his hand on my cheek. “Are you okay?” I asked once we reluctantly pulled apart. He nodded. We just stared into each other’s eyes until we were interrupted.
“Like my sloppy seconds?” We looked up and saw Ricky fuming.
“Last time I checked, you guys didn’t fuck.” Smiley said.
“Man, whatevers. That bitch won’t give it up to save her life.” Ricky shot back. Smiley stood up.
“What the fuck did you call her?”
“I called her a bitch, homie. She ain’t nothing but a damn dog.” Smiley pushed his face.
“Get the fuck outta here before I fuck you up, fool!” Smiley warned and was about to turn around when Ricky came back swinging.
“Ruben!” I screamed out. The movie stopped and everyone was looking at us as the lights came on. I wanted to get between them, but they left no openings. So all I could do was watch until three big security guards came in to break it up. They grabbed both Ricky and Smiley and dragged them outside. I followed. Once Smiley was released I rushed to his aid. His lip was busted and there was a cut above his right eye. Blood leaked down his face and dribbled off his chin onto his white shirt. I pulled the sleeve over my hand and started wiping his face up and dabbing at his cuts. While I was cleaning him up her ran the pad of his thumb under my eye. That’s when I realized I was crying. I wiped my eye and looked at what was on it. A shine of tears. I sniffled. “I didn’t realize I was crying.” I half laughed.
“I’m sorry.” Smiley apologized.
“It’s fine, babe. You just scared me.” I started crying again. He held me close and we rocked back and forth.

We headed back home. There I bandaged Smiley and made him some lunch: chorizo con huevo and fresh, homemade tortillas. “Damn, girl! You can make some mean chorizo!” Smiley wolfed everything down and put his plate in the sink. He leaned on the island and pulled me close by the hips. “Raquel, nothing I could do would express how much I appreciate you.” He said. I smiled. “For real.” He added. “But I could think of something that could make up for how you felt today when I fought.” I quirked my eyebrow.
“What are you talking about?” I asked. He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs to my room. I sat down on the bed while he went to his bag and rummaged through it until he finally found what he was looking for. He pulled out a black bag. He handed it to me.
“Open it.” He said. I opened the bag and pulled out a long leather box. I looked at him. He squatted in front of me and waiting for me to open it. Inside was a small bracelet. Thin gold chain and a gold heart in the middle. I grinned.
“Oh my gosh.” I gasped and put my hand over my mouth.
“Do you like it?” He asked. I nodded. “Good.” He grinned and took it out of the box. I held out my wrist and he clasped it on.
“Smiley, it’s beautiful.” I smiled and looked at him.
“Call me Marcelino, instead.”
“Why?”
“’Cause you’re my girl.” He said. I smiled more and kissed him.
“Thank you, Marcelino.”
“It was the least I could do.” He smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story