Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Red Balloons and Falling Rain

by Pasquinade-Puppeteer 5 reviews

Sunshine and rain. The perfect contradiction. But not as perfect as you thought.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-06-17 - Updated: 2012-06-17 - 366 words - Complete

1Moving
(Ryan's POV)

Rainy days make you think of her; the way her hair hung down in curling ropes, the sparkling droplets of water that ran down her face and the sound of her laughter as she danced and splashed through the puddles and falling rain. She would pull you after her, ignoring your feeble protests – you both knew that you didn’t really mean it. She’d make you dance with her, and the two of you would return home soaked and chilled to the bone. But it was worth it to see her smile.

Sunshine makes you think of him; that red balloon that he carried with him when he took you to the carnival, or the way that his dark brown hair shines. Perhaps it is because his eyes look like little pieces of chocolate, or how his laugh carries on the breeze and seems to echo through the air around you. He would always make you do silly things with him – pull faces or sing songs together at the top of your lungs; anything that came into his mind.

Sunshine and rain. The perfect contradiction.

But not as perfect as you thought.

Sometimes it dares to rain when the sun shows its face in the brilliant blue sky. And sometimes the sun chances a peek through the clouds during a heavy shower of rain droplets.

Sometimes things go as you plan, and sometimes you can never plan for things.

The look on her face when she sees your boy with his red balloon, for instance.

Or the hurt in his eyes when he sees you trying to comfort your crying girl, the red balloon forgotten and floating away.

Or how they both leave you without waiting for any explanations, causing you to wallow and drown in your sadness and guilt for the rest of your life. But you can’t help it – it’s not your fault that you fell in love with two different people.

And so you sit alone and grow old by yourself, surrounded by memories of a smile with a red balloon and a dance in falling rain.

Sunshine and rain.

The perfect would-be contradiction.


R and R please
Sign up to rate and review this story