Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personalised Oneshots!!

For Mikeys_Glasses

by Love_it_or_leave_it 1 review

When Anna loses her job, things go spiralling downhill. Fast. Can Mikey save her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-19 - Updated: 2012-06-19 - 1815 words

0Unrated
“Anna Carlisle, come to my office now.” My boss’s voice said over the PA. Fuck. I’m screwed. I got up out of my chair and did a quick check of myself in the mirror. My dark red hair sat in a neat bun instead of falling over my shoulders in its natural waves. My light blue eyes assessed my appearance and I realised my skirt was a bit crooked. I fixed it and prayed that my boss wouldn’t notice the small stain of the collar of my shirt. Knowing him though, he probably would. He has a thing about uniform… I knocked and entered Johnathan, my boss’s, office and stood silently, hoping I hadn’t done anything wrong.
“Anna. Please, take a seat,” Johnathan said, indicating towards one of the chairs in front of his desk. I let out the breath I was holding and sat in the indicated chair.
“Anna, Anna, Anna. What am I going to do with you hmm?” he asked me. I swallowed thickly and answered him.
“Do with me sir?” I asked timidly.
“Yes… This is the third time this month I’ve seen you on the phone to a person who is not a client. And you know my rule, three strikes and you’re out.” He said condescendingly.
“Out?” my voice trembled.
“I’m so sorry Anna but it’s company policy. Three slip ups and you’re gone.”
“So you’re firing me?” I asked, temper rising. Johnathan nodded.
“I’m afraid so. Please accept my sincerest apologies.” I sat there for about two minutes before it finally sunk in. I had just lost my job. This prick was firing me for being on the phone to my boyfriend’s brother who was actually a client. Excuse me for Gerard needing help! Fuck that!
“You can shove your apologies up your arse, you self-absorbed arsehole. For your information, Gerard is a client in need of some serious help and I was the one having to him! I know what this is really is, Johnathan. I know they were going to promote me to your job so cut the shit. You’re going to be sorry I ever left this fucked up company.” I practically screamed at him, before storming out of the room. Johnathan’s face resembled a fish when I left. Serves him right, fucking dickhead. I went back to my cubicle and cleaned out all the stuff that was mine before leaving, my eyeliner now streaking my face due to tears. This job was the best thing that ever happened to me besides Mikey and I get fired for helping someone. Complete and utter bullshit.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oxoxoxoxoxoxox LE TIME LAPSE OCCURS xoxoxoxoxoxoxo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I remember that day well. I had lost a big part of my life that day and well… I hadn’t been the same since. My life has turned to shit now. I’m practically a hermit now. I don’t leave my house, I ignore my phone, I don’t eat or drink, all I do is sleep and cry. Cry over the job I worked so hard to get, and all I get is a hole in my heart where my dream used to be. After waking up this morning, I cried some more and sat in my room, not moving for anything. The phone rang about four times with my cell echoing it. I couldn’t be bothered anymore. I hadn’t seen Mikey, my gorgeous glasses wearing bassist boyfriend, in days and I was beginning to miss him. Only a little though. I’m a terrible girlfriend. He probably hates me now. Now I’m just his unemployed, worthless girlfriend who can’t stop crying. Real fucking disappointing.

I suddenly heard a key being slotted in the lock and I slowly got up to see who was entering my home. I walked out of my room sluggishly and saw Mikey standing in the doorway with a box of chocolates in hand.
“Hey baby! Sorry I haven’t been over in a while. I’ve been so busy with the band. How come you didn’t answer my calls?” he asked before really looking at me. His eyes swept over me and he placed the chocolates down on the table beside the door.
“Anna? Honey, what’s wrong?” he asked, worry lacing his voice.
“I was fired.” I mumbled, looking down. He gasped quietly before making his way over to me and putting his arm around me. I folded into him and he hugged me tightly.
“They fired me for helping someone,” I said, voice trembling.
“Oh honey. It’s alright, let it all out.” As soon as the words left his mouth, I started bawling. One would think I wouldn’t have any tears left but they just kept coming. Mikey shhhed me and held me tight as I stood there and cried into his chest, wetting his Joy Division shirt.
“Shhh baby, it’s gonna be okay. You’ll be alright. There are other places to work.” He said to me. It was like someone has switched my emotions off and I shoved him away.
“You think I can just get another job!? That job was my life Mikey! I worked so hard to get it and now you tell me I can work somewhere else? Are you fucking retarded?!” I screamed at him. A look of shock appeared on his face as I screamed at him.
“Babe, I didn’t- I didn’t mean it like that! You know I didn’t!” Mikey tried to fix the situation but I wasn’t having it.
“Oh sure Mikey. Whatever, just fuck off. I don’t need you.” I said.
“What?” he asked astonished.
“I said leave. Please Mikey, I don’t need you here.” I said before crossing my arms.
“But- “ I cut him off.
“But nothing Mikey. You obviously don’t know me that well if you think I can just get a new job. It doesn’t work that way. So please, leave.” I said to him before turning around and walking back to my room. There was silence for a few seconds before the door opened and closed again. I sighed and got my backpack from the cupboard and started packing some things. I made a mental checklist of the things I packed as I went. Hairbrush, check. Toothbrush, check. Jeans, check. Shirt, pillow, phone, check, check, check. After I made sure I had everything, I got changed, grabbed and apple and my keys off the hook and left my house, not planning on returning.

I walked around for a few hours before deciding to actually go somewhere. I made it as far as the train station before collapsing to the pavement in the corner from exhaustion. I lost track of time while I sat there, wallowing in self-pity. I was pretty sure it had been a few days since I left, and I hadn’t seen anyone I knew. There was probably no-one looking for me. Nobody cared. Except possibly Mikey. Maybe he was right. Maybe I could just get another job. I might not be as happy but I’ve got Mikey right? Mikey. Fuck, I missed him. Now he probably does hate me. Silent tears slipped down my cheeks and I closed my eyes as I thought of what I said to Mikey. He would most definitely hate me now.
“I don’t hate you.” A voice said. Great, now I’m delirious. The voice chuckled before speaking again.
“You’re not delirious. Just tired. C’mon, let’s get you home.” The voice said.
“Whoa dude. I have a boyfriend y’know. And he’s really buff. He’ll beat the shit outta you,” I said to the person. The voice laughed, a deep, throaty laugh.
“No, he’s a geeky, stick of a bass player, now come on.” The voice said.
“Hold up. You know Mikey?” I asked surprised.
“Well considering I am Mikey, yes. Though these past few days, I haven’t been quite so sure.” He said. I opened my eyes properly for the first time since hearing his voice and realised that it actually was Mikey. The look on my face must have been priceless since he was laughing again.
“Mikey!” I squealed. He helped me up off the floor and embraced me tightly.
“I’ve missed you so much,” I said, my voice muffled by his hoodie.
“Me too Anna. Look, I’m really sorry for what I said. I had not right and I shouldn’t ha-“ I silenced him by kissing him. I parted from him and looked him in the eyes.
“You were completely right and I shouldn’t have snapped. As long as I have you in my life, I’m happy.” I said to him. He nodded and we walked hand in hand to his car outside the station. Mikey opened the door and I slid in and waited for him to do the same. As he got in, he tossed my bag into the back and proceeded to drive me home.
When he parked outside my house, we sat in the car for a while, enjoying each other’s company. After a while, he broke the silence.
“Anna, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while now. Don’t worry, it’s not marriage or anything like that, but it’s still a big deal.” He said. I nodded, looking him square in the eye. He took a deep breath before continuing.
“I want you to move in with me.” He said. I was taken completely by surprise. Even after all this, he still wants me to move in with him.
“Mikey, I- really? Even after this? I mean I-“
“Yes Anna, I love you and I wanna live with you,” Mikey replied. I bit my lip.
“You just said you love me…” I said, lip trembling and tears threatening to spill.
“I did and I believe it Anna. I really do love you.” He said confidently.
“I love you too Mikey! And I really do too. Yes Mikes, I’ll move in with you. Definitely. Maybe you can help me go job searching!” I said with a laugh. Mikey joined and then leaned over to kiss me. I met him in the middle and our lips collided. We made out for a few seconds before we broke away and decided to go back to his- our house. We went inside, ordered pizza and watched a movie before falling asleep in each other’s arms. To think all that came from losing a job. It’s funny where life takes you isn’t it?

I hope that was something like you had in mind! If not, I'm sorry!! :3 Please R and R?
Sign up to rate and review this story